• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Diablo II: Resurrected Release Date Revealed

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
(This is a little late, seeing as E3 was last month.) At the Xbox E3 2021 show, the release date and platforms for Diablo II: Resurrected were revealed. September 23, 2021, on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PS4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch. Thoughts?

Honestly I really can not wait to replay this. As the initial game was really good.
I'll probably get it on PC though as I really think mouse and keyboard suits this game so much more.

My thoughts are overall it's looking good. The developer insights are well done. It seems the developers are taking what they want for the remake to be, on one end and the original look on the other and and having the final result being a compromise of both. This is for the new visuals of cause. The original visuals (ie 2000 like) are still there if you want to use them.

The QoL looks to be just enough. Not too far to change the nature of the core gameplay. My only issue is I would prefer unlimited respecs. So you do not have to remake characters (or farm for ages to get a respec) to try a new build.
AlsoI hope players X is still in the remake. Why I say this, is the early game without it, is very slow going. Always mana starved so you can't try out any playstyles till you level up somewhat. Also the extra loot drops from platers X make the experience more fun. Then we can choose when we want to slowly lower the value of X back down to 1.

I recently played Path of Exile because it was suggested to me for so long by friends and it was my first ARPG of the Diablo type. And I really enjoyed it. I might pick this one up because I hear it has the same enjoyability factor without some of the more harsh and complex aspects of POE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom