• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

DGN Pokemon League Tournament - Rise of the Elite (Game Thread)

5OYCc.png

After some unexpected delays, we're ready to begin! This tournament is in the format of 6 v 6 singles. The tournament is single elimination, with no loser's bracket, and no break-out bracket; if you lose one time, then the tournament is over for you. In the event of a tie, a rematch must take place between the two trainers.

All battle videos must be posted by at least one of the participants, and all of them will be reviewed by me, the tournament manager. You may not use any other Pokemon other than the team you sent me for registration; this is to prevent trainers from looking at their opponent's battle videos, and then immediately counter-teaming them with obscure and niche Pokemon that otherwise wouldn't be used. You must also adhere to our official rules, posted in a sticky thread above. If you fail to comply with these rules, it is your opponent's privilege to automatically claim the victory if he/she has proof of the violation in the form of a battle video. A rematch may take place if your opponent agrees and allows it.

In the event of a disconnect, there are two scenarios: 1.) A "ragequit", where a trainer has clearly lost the battle and has decided to be a poor sport about it. In this scenario, the opponent will automatically claim victory will no tolerance of a rematch. 2.) A legitimate disconnect due to poor internet connection. In this scenario, a rematch may take place if your opponent agrees and allows it. The best way to not worry about this is to make sure your internet connection is stable while you perform the battle.

The prizes being offered are the following: 1,)An offer to be a part of the first iteration of the DGN Elite Four (place second or higher), and 2.) Your choice of a collection of shiny versions the final forms of the three Johto starters, Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr (place third or higher). In the event that a current Elite Four member places in second or above, or that a challenger refuses the offer, the slot will be granted to the next runner-up.

I sent all participants a PM asking for both their friend code, and their registered Pokemon. Please note that you will not be able to battle until you send me both of these.

Registered Trainers:

Curmudgeon: 4184-2243-1409
Draco626: 4768-8256-9702
Dragoncat: 5343-8488-3704
Fig: 4425-1567-9137
FirevsIce: 5413-0343-1904
Hsien Ko: 0302-0550-4964
JuicieJ: 5370-0522-3919
PancakeSamurai: 0018-0889-1382
Pendio: 4253-3471-3699
pkfroce: 3222-5872-0666
PrincessNiki: 4554-0103-8741
Sir Quaffler: 4141-3010-4866
Scarfed: 4141-3037-5794
Terminus: 2492-5035-4170
Vaati101: 1719-3162-4846

All round one initial pairings, save for the match between Terminus and JuicieJ, were randomly determined. The fixed match between Terminus and JuicieJ was made to insure that current Elite Four members wouldn't sweep their respective brackets, as the main purpose of this starting tournament is indeed to determine new Elite Four members; it would be redundant to have current members taking the top spots. The top four matches represent one bracket in that order, and the bottom four represent the other bracket in that order.

You will have five days to complete your assigned match. For example, this thread has been started on the night of May 4th. You will have five full days after the start of a new day, which means the first due date is March 10th. If your opponent fails to meet the due date, they will forfeit the match and be eliminated.

Round One Pairings:

1.) PrincessNiki vs Draco626

2.) PancakeSamurai vs Scarfed

3.) JuicieJ vs Terminus

4.) AvatarFlygon vs Hsein Ko

5.) Sir Quaffler vs pkfroce

6.) FirevsIce vs Vaati101

7.) Curmudgeon vs Dragoncat

8.) Fig vs Pendio

Round One Bracket

oj1fk5.jpg

Good luck everyone, and have fun!

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I should just say that I don't have the best internet so I can't promise that it won't ever disconnect (double negatives :cooky:), but it's really up to the people I'm battling to say if it's their win or not.

It's not really that bad to worry about, but it may disconnect once or twice in a tournament or something... :cooky:

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
No you don't suck. You just have to keep battle and that first turn gave me a scare.
GG AvatarFlygon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom