• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

DGN Pokemon League Tournament - Gen III Confirmed (Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5OYCc.png

It's time for our second official tournament! This tourney will be taking place in honor of the long-awaited confirmation that Generation III, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, is finally being remade for the Nintendo 3DS. For this tournament, we will still be following our standard rules and regulations with 6 v 6 single battles. But in the spirit of Hoenn, we'll be adding some new restrictions.

First off, your team for this tournament must consist of at least two Pokemon introduced in Gen III. If we're going to be in Hoenn for a while, we may as well act like it.

Our second change is that the tournament is no longer single elimination.

This new system is somewhat similar to a "Round Robin" style bracket, where there is no set order for the preliminary rounds. The first pairings will be random, but after that, you'll be matched up with other players according to your own record. That means that, for example, if you were to lose your first two rounds, your third round would be matched against someone who has also lost two rounds. This is to make sure that you're battling against trainers of your own skill level.

The size of the bracket and the number of preliminary rounds will be decided once we have our final number of participants.

But where would a tournament be without prizes? We have three very special Pokemon to give away to the top three battlers. 1st place will have first pick, 2nd with the second pick, and 3rd with the final prize remaining. Our prizes for today are:

deoxys.gif
rayquaza.gif
jirachi.gif

Deoxys, Rayquaz, and Jirachi! All three are legendary Pokemon introduced in Gen III. Jirachi and Deoxys are notoriously hard to get, so this could be a pretty rare opportunity.

But that's not all! For this tournament, we'll also be giving out consolation prizes. That's right, you get a free prize just for signing up and participating. That prize is:

eevee-3.gif

Eevee! This super-cute Pokemon has been a fan-favorite for quite a while now. But this isn't any old regular Eevee - all Eevee that are handed out with have their hidden ability - Anticipation. So, whenever you evolve this Eevee into your favorite Eeveelution, it'll also have it's hidden ability (Sylveon will have Pixilate, Espeon will have Magic Bounce, etc). It's a free Pokemon, so don't pass this up!

Don't worry if you're not used to competitive battling! Tournaments against players are the key to becoming better. One of the main goals of our League and tournaments is to do just that; introduce long-time fans to a very unique and strategic game.

If you wish to sign up, please leave a reply confirming it below. I'll PM you with further information. And if you have any questions, always feel free to ask me via any means of communication.

The tournament is set for July 1st.

Confirmed Trainers:

1. Ver-go-a-go-go
2. Stitch
3. Fig
4. Terminus
5. Gobli
6. JuiceJ
7. Dragoncat
8. Vaati 101
9. PancakeSamurai
10. Pendio
11. Scarfed
12. Pkfroce
13. SirQuaffler

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I missed out in the first one, so I guess you can count me in for this one. Since I don't really know which Pokémon were introduced in gen III, I will have to do some searching.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You know I'm in. It's been far too long since we've had some good Pokemon action in this place!

If I may, is it okay if I suggest that we have a Doubles tourney, as well? That IS the official competitive format, after all.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I think you could argue that MEGA Blaziken is OP in Singles, but vanilla Blaziken is more than capable of being dealt with.

Thanks, Term.

And I don't use Mega Blaziken at all, just the original one, which I am guessing is the vanilla one? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom