• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Devil May Cry is coming to Switch

Capcom has announced via Twitter that the first Devil May Cry game will be releasing in Switch this summer.

For some odd reason they aren't porting Devil May Cry 2 and 3 along with the first game but they may follow in the future.

This will be the first time Devil May Cry will have been on a Nintendo console.

What are your thoughts on this?

Does it enhance Dante's chances for a Smash bros roster slot?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is very welcome news, and Dante would be a welcome addition to Smash with a unique moveset that'd probably only be comparable to Ike's sexy sword style. Dante's more than some generic anime swordsman, though, as his Devil Trigger form and various styles could be implemented to give him various advantageous. Sakurai would be a fool to pass this up, assuming Dante's not getting in at all.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
you know its funny, when onimusha came to current generation, people were praising capcom for that and I was just thinking...why? why were people praising capcom for this one ps2 remaster when during the ps3 era, we had a slew of ps2 hd compilations? why was this just the first onimusha and not an hd collection?
and same thing here, why is this just devil may cry 1 and not the hd trilogy? unexciting news, even if it is devil may cry's debut on nintendo

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
If this is getting a physical release, I'm glad it's not the trilogy, especially if the other games are gonna follow suit. Capcom has just been extremely awful with Switch ports containing more than one game with only half of the product being physical and the other being a download. What's the point of owning any of the Mega Man collections on Switch if only half of the four releases is actually physical? Same with Resident Evil: Revelations 1 and 2 and now the Resident Evil: Origins Collection. Just release the games separately so I can own them all physically. Even then, I don't get why Devil May Cry is suddenly being ported to Switch after the release of Devil May Cry V which the Switch will likely never get.

I have never played a Devil May Cry game, but heard good things, so I will check this out. I was originally skeptical about this release after hearing other platforms had a remastered trilogy, but Turo did bring up a good point about each game being released separately on Switch potentially avoiding a downloadable part for the physical release. As a physical collector, I want the whole game on cartridge and without an awful download banner on the box art.

If this is getting a physical release, I'm glad it's not the trilogy, especially if the other games are gonna follow suit. Capcom has just been extremely awful with Switch ports containing more than one game with only half of the product being physical and the other being a download. What's the point of owning any of the Mega Man collections on Switch if only half of the four releases is actually physical? Same with Resident Evil: Revelations 1 and 2 and now the Resident Evil: Origins Collection. Just release the games separately so I can own them all physically. Even then, I don't get why Devil May Cry is suddenly being ported to Switch after the release of Devil May Cry V which the Switch will likely never get.
I have never played a Devil May Cry game, but heard good things, so I will check this out. I was originally skeptical about this release after hearing other platforms had a remastered trilogy, but Turo did bring up a good point about each game being released separately on Switch potentially avoiding a downloadable part for the physical release. As a physical collector, I want the whole game on cartridge and without an awful download banner on the box art.

Sorry guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom