• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Detective Pikachu trailer

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think it was! I hope it was!

I was expecting an absolute car wreck, but i'm a dirty Pokemon casual so this doesn't look too bad really.

I'd bet rupees on it.

And same here. I only played Colosseum anyway and watched the anime but this looks like it could be a good watch. And it's Ryan Reynolds too which I like.

Hopefully the Sonic movie will turn out ok too!

I'd bet rupees on it.

And same here. I only played Colosseum anyway and watched the anime but this looks like it could be a good watch. And it's Ryan Reynolds too which I like.

Hopefully the Sonic movie will turn out ok too!

Nothing with Sonic ever turns out well.

Least Pikachu doesnt look like this, it could be way worse haters!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Nothing with Sonic ever turns out well.

Least Pikachu doesnt look like this, it could be way worse haters!

Sonic X was good. The problems with Sonic lie with the offensive gameplay mechanics or just bad games not the characters or stories.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I was surprised to see that I'm actually kinda interested in watching this. It took an interesting approach to the pokemon designs.

Pikachu looks so damn cute! I look forward to this movie. I finished the game a couple of months ago so I wonder what they're going to do with it to tie the ends together.

Jigglypuff looks super cute too! He even has his microphone/pen! <3

Is the Detective Pikachu game any good?

I played the demo and wasnt wholly sold on it, does it get better or is it the same throughout?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
*generic "wah not DeVito" comment*
It looked surprisingly good. I'm starting to wonder if this is where video game movies should be going; not translating the actual story of the games, but instead a story within the world.

Sonic X was good. The problems with Sonic lie with the offensive gameplay mechanics or just bad games not the characters or stories.
Sonic '06
Lost World

The stories can be bad too. Though admittedly that's less often the case.
Thuogh I'm still worried about the Sonic movie. Everything sounds more and more worrisome about that movie.
Except Jim Carey as Eggman. I'm okay with that. That's good casting. Even if the movie's bad that'll be funny.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
*generic "wah not DeVito" comment*
It looked surprisingly good. I'm starting to wonder if this is where video game movies should be going; not translating the actual story of the games, but instead a story within the world.

Sonic '06
Lost World

The stories can be bad too. Though admittedly that's less often the case.
Thuogh I'm still worried about the Sonic movie. Everything sounds more and more worrisome about that movie.
Except Jim Carey as Eggman. I'm okay with that. That's good casting. Even if the movie's bad that'll be funny.

I think Ryan is actually a better fit though DeVito could have been good too. I can't think of a video game movie which tries to recreate a game story. They are usually totally different like in the Resi movies and just using the characters to tell, usually a not very good story. Though I do like the Resi live action films they arent set in the same world nor do they make good use of a lot of the lore and story that is in the games and instead just throw in a bit of fanservice or reference. Still I think making a movie set in the games world rather than retelling story could be a good way to go.

The story was the only reason I bothered trying to finish 06. Yeah I gave up in the end so I don't know if it was bad or not. I also haven't played lost world. From my experiences the stories of Sonic tend to be decent or acceptable at least.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I think Ryan is actually a better fit though DeVito could have been good too. I can't think of a video game movie which tries to recreate a game story. They are usually totally different like in the Resi movies and just using the characters to tell, usually a not very good story. Though I do like the Resi live action films they arent set in the same world nor do they make good use of a lot of the lore and story that is in the games and instead just throw in a bit of fanservice or reference. Still I think making a movie set in the games world rather than retelling story could be a good way to go.

The story was the only reason I bothered trying to finish 06. Yeah I gave up in the end so I don't know if it was bad or not. I also haven't played lost world. From my experiences the stories of Sonic tend to be decent or acceptable at least.
I agree, but DeVito was the meme answer. That's why I didn't really take the "complaint" seriously.
Lost World, especially Tails's "arc", was terrible. I liked the general idea behind it, but it didn't do good stuff in that department. Though I will admit most of the Sonic games - especially the earlier 3D ones, like the Adventure series and Unleashed - were quite good in the way of video game stories. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Rashoman-styled Sonic Adventure game. That's a time when a movie based on a game's story would work

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom