• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Details About Skyward Sword You Don't Like

linkman8

True and Noble
I wouldn't say I necessarily have a lot of complaints as of thus far; things like save points don't really matter to me that much, because like someone else mentioned, they did it Majora's mask, and that worked out well enough. Overall in this game, the movements are solid, the graphical style is newish, the music is terrific.... My only problem is the character models, specifically the faces. Someone mentioned Link's lips, and I definitely agree. A lot of the characters' facial features just look so.... poorly done. Perhaps it's just me.

1. use of the motion + in menus, just seems so unnecessary and dumb, it'll take an a lot of time to navigate menus.
2. sky being empty, no dungeons in the sky
3. bokoblins dudes have a stupid look to them, are slow
4. puzzles seem easy
5. no IR use
6. boss don't look that tough
that it it. it doesn't bother me the the ground sections aren't connected, they are large and it look like you can do a lot of exploration in them.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Groose's eye look like they are pieces of paper glued on to his face... That's it, it's a new console Zelda people!

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
1. use of the motion + in menus, just seems so unnecessary and dumb, it'll take an a lot of time to navigate menus.
2. sky being empty, no dungeons in the sky
3. bokoblins dudes have a stupid look to them, are slow
4. puzzles seem easy
5. no IR use
6. boss don't look that tough
that it it. it doesn't bother me the the ground sections aren't connected, they are large and it look like you can do a lot of exploration in them.

Are any of these complaints? How do you know bosses aren't tough? How do you know the skies don't have dungeons? How do you know menus will be slow, or puzzles will be easy?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's a Zelda game. We've had like 14 of them, possibly more, by now. It isn't hard to tell that bosses will not be as tough as they could be; this is a Nintendo game so it will be accessible to all, not the hardcore NEED TO HAVE HARD players. We don't know about skies not having dungeons, but it seems as if all of the major stuff will occur in the larger islands and obviously the world below. Menus may or not be slow, based off of pre release videos. Final product may change.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
It's a Zelda game. We've had like 14 of them, possibly more, by now. It isn't hard to tell that bosses will not be as tough as they could be; this is a Nintendo game so it will be accessible to all, not the hardcore NEED TO HAVE HARD players. We don't know about skies not having dungeons, but it seems as if all of the major stuff will occur in the larger islands and obviously the world below. Menus may or not be slow, based off of pre release videos. Final product may change.

We know nothing about boss difficulty, because the game hasn't come out. I'm taking the large swirly cloud in the sky as a dungeon. Menus definitely do not look slow.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。

What do you mean "Final product may change"? I'm confused as to were you guys got that menus were slow?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
One can infer they'll be easy, believe it or not. Go back to all previous Zeldas, including AoL. Which did you find the hardest? AoL would be my personal choice but everyone has their own skills at each kinda game. Anyway, after AoL, you notice every single Zelda game has gotten more lenient on the player, the penultimate easy game was Twilight Princess among the hardcore Zelda player consensus.

We know SS is bringing change. We also know SS' competitor is Ocarina of Time (which is kinda wierd IMO). There is also the trend that Zeldas become easier as time goes by. But SS is also bringing change, trying to compete with OoT. One idea is that SS will be harder than OoT, which to me was a pretty easy game in its own right.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, people can infer from previous Zelda experience that SS will be somewhat easy. We don't know for sure, but it is a logical conclusion as far as I know.

I would quicker agree with you than debate; it is a HUGE FREAKING CLOUD. Why else would they cover the map with that thing if not because of a dungeon, or maybe a huge section of land? Maybe it is the final boss battle or an extension of it? :)

Eh, that is arguable. I find the menus to be slow, personally, because you have to do all that dragging and what not. It will likely be fixable with faster motions, but still.

Cuju, I'm saying that there could be any number of final edge enhancements that make the menus a bit smoother and easier to access, not to mention navigate. I don't know for sure, but it is a thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom