• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Destiny

Ganondork

goo
The beta for PlayStation has been out for a week, and Xbox users got their beta codes this afternoon, yet there's been no thread for it yet. I find it strange, but I digress.

So I got my code today, and I love Destiny. Unfortunately I already hit the level cap of 8 in the middle of a dungeon run. I'm very disappointed with that aspect. I was really looking forward to getting to level 20 (As a lot of weapons have a requirement for that level) and then enjoying the multiplayer.

The multiplayer itself is actually really fun. I played one match so far, a game of capturing the control point, and I had a ton of fun. I loved waiting for my enemy to come down the corridor to stop me from capturing the control point, only to fire a magazine off at them with my automatic rifle. But even then, there was always a chance that someone in a large vehicle would just ram through the door and end me in moments. It really kept you on your toes, and I had a lot of fun.

As for the single player, I'm really enjoying that, too. I chose a Titan, as I really enjoy beefy tanks that can deal damage. It was a great decision on my part, and taking on some of these bosses can be so much fun. I also enjoy the added challenge of meleeing a beefier mob to death. The missions themselves are really enjoyable, and I find myself redoing a few to get better guns.

I really hope they patch in a high level cap and more content. I don't want to be running the same dungeon over and over and playing exclusively multiplayer. I can always make a new character, but it's kind of disappointing to not be able to go further with my Titan.

What are your thoughts on it so far?

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I dabbled on it with my friend's PS4 and shall be playing it myself on XB1 sometime; initial thoughts are definitely positive though. It's hard to make any real decision based off a Beta, but gameplay-wise the game seems solid. Throw in more content and I'm game! Definitely on my list of games to buy.

Fig

The Altruist
I myself don't have a XB1 or PS4, but my friend does have a PS4 and invited me over to try out the demo not too long ago. The gameplay is really solid and is by far the title that I have been itching to play for a long time. Seeing how Bungie is the development studio that is creating Destiny I really have a lot of hope for this game. It's just a beta from what we are gathering information from so it isn't like this is all of the content the game will be providing when the game is officially released later this year. I'm sure there is going to be more content and services that the game will be offering once the game is fully completed. Can't wait to play the real game and I will most likely be purchasing that White PS4 Destiny bundle provided that I still have the funds by that time!

octorok74

TETTAC
I love it. The game is amazing. I'm almost capped out, but even then I just love roaming around and exploring. Dance parties in the Tower are fun and I played football with this random guy. He found one so we kicked it around. So much to do even for a beta. I do hope they add more hair choices though since they are all pretty crazy and I'm not a fan of that. I chose to play as a warlock and I'm liking that a lot. Later i will try the hunter and see which I prefer as my main character when the game releases. But the beta is showing real promise, can't wait for this game. So excited.

octorok74

TETTAC
The one thing I had issues with was the crucible. It kept disconnecting me from the servers. I kept checking all my connections like they suggested and everything was fine on my end. Made it hard to complete some bounties. But I got everything done that I wanted to so I'm happy. Now the long wait begins.

Honestly, I hate it. The game is simply too boring and it doesn't do anything new. The MMO aspects are watered down at best, the PvP plays just like a Halo/Call of Duty clone, and the one mission that I could actually force myself through was generic. All I did was go to point A to kill some enemies and go to point B to kill more enemies. Even the story didn't come close to catching my attention. As someone who can enjoy a nice MMO, Destiny fell flat and ended up being a simple, bland game. They simplified or just didn't seem to include anything that would have made for an interesting game.

In my opinion, it's just an overhyped Halo/Call of Duty/Star Wars hybrid that doesn't innovate enough to be noteworthy. This is just my opinion, though, so I don't want to start any kind of arguments.

octorok74

TETTAC
Just for those interested, Bungie just put out an infographic on the beta with all the stats. It's pretty neat to see all the numbers. So yeah. That's out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom