• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Despite the whole ''Hijacked by Ganon'' trope, this has only been played straight twice so far.

LoZ: Ganon is the villain upfront.
ALttP: Played with; Ganon doesn't really hijack the plot, as Agahnim is actually Ganon(he's called an offshoot in HH, a bunshin in the JP version of ALttP which means something along the lines of ''soul split'', and an ''alter ego'' in the English version).
OoT: Ganondorf is the villain upfront.
OoX: Played with; Ganon is the final boss, but he doesn't play a part in the plot.
TWW: Ganondorf is the villain upfront.
FSA: Played straight.
TP: Played straight.
ALBW: Subverted; Yuga is the one who hijacks Ganon.
BotW: Calamity Ganon is the villain upfront.

Why is this trope named after Ganon, when Dracula from Castlevania and Dr. Wily, just to name some examples, have done this a lot more? Also, FSA might not even count when you consider the fact that it's a different Ganon from the one that appears in the other games.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Even with TP it was spelled out near the beginning that Zant wasn't the Big Bad and then, in the very next dungeon, it's explained who the Big Bad is.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In TP you get the impression Zant is the main villain but then you learn someone else is pulling the strings. To me that's the only one I really feel like Gan on hijacked the story. But I had no problems with it and still don't.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
twilight princess is the only one I can see someone think the story was hijacked by ganon if they missed certain details, but even then none of them were ever as bad as andross in star fox adventures
Yeah, completely shocker, no hint at all that Andross would be the final boss. Kind of sucks too because I think General Scales had potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom