• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Design Pokemon Gen 9's Gimmick

Mega Evolution, Z-moves and Dynamaxing... Three gameplay gimmicks for the latest three generations of Pokemon in an attempt to make things feel fresh.

Whether you prefer knocking off Digimon, doing a stupid dance or getting swole, it is likely that gen 9 will have a new gimmick...

So, what ideas do you have for Pokemon's next gameplay gimmick and would you like to see a new one at all?

Gotta think of what could waste the most resources and time for development for them to cut even more dex in the next game... how about they just make that pokemon fusion site--you know the one--and make it a reality. And they will make a model for every pokemon with another pokemon's head, for a grand total of 20 different pokemon in the regional dex, which will put the true™ count with the fusions at... 400. Tadah!

For real though, I don't know. I kinda liked mega-evolutions, but I didn't really use them. Didn't really use nor care for Z-moves. Gen 7 was weird because while the Z-moves was definitely the primary gimmick for gameplay, it had a lot of other things thrown in to muck things up such as the ultra beasts and totem pokemon which are both tangents to the Z-power stuff, and then also the regional variants. It's a little much to get thrown into all at once, but Gen 7 also spent a lot of time trying to "connect" Alola to other regions, especially Kanto. Why don't they just have some gimmick for being able to traverse multiple regions in the first place? the gameplay gimmick is obviously that your pokemon will experience jet lag

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
DigiPokefuse.
Combine two pokemon to create an entirely new more powerful ally. It will last a limited number of turns as the form is rather unstable.
This strange power only occurs in the Goyu region. This strange region off the coast of Kanto has many mysteries to explore. Pokemon had to work together in order to survive. Some even fused their minds and bodies to create one super being.

Blastoise and Venusaur fuse to create Venustoise, a grass/water pokemon.
Nidoking and Nidoqueen combine into Nidodeus

Honestly though no more gimmicks please. Mega was neat, z moves were meh and now it's just silly.

DigiPokefuse.
Combine two pokemon to create an entirely new more powerful ally. It will last a limited number of turns as the form is rather unstable.
This strange power only occurs in the Goyu region. This strange region off the coast of Kanto has many mysteries to explore. Pokemon had to work together in order to survive. Some even fused their minds and bodies to create one super being.

Blastoise and Venusaur fuse to create Venustoise, a grass/water pokemon.
Nidoking and Nidoqueen combine into Nidodeus

Honestly though no more gimmicks please. Mega was neat, z moves were meh and now it's just silly.
Meming aside I do like the idea of fusions as a concept but I wouldn't trust Gamefreak with it, hence my ****post. Necrozma is baby and did fusions that were executed somewhat well, but I can't anticipate them keeping up the effort. I like the spin you put on it though @BlackWolf//WhiteAngel

6a0e3f46f92e7c351837656d4f60da19.gif

After leaving the first town, the player will be given the Lucarionator, which can turn any of their Pokemon into Lucario. It can be used at any point in battle as many times as you like and is a key item that cannot be held. It's so awesome that a 20 second cutscene will play every time you use it. In fact, the option to use the Lucarionator will take up half of the battle screen just in case you forget it's there.

With a lot of convoluted lore behind it too. Help professor Redwood unlock the secrets of the Lurocco region and the unique bond between Lucario and humans. Take part in a ln epic emotional quest to stop Team Carpet and enter a new universe populated entirely by Lucarios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom