• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Derp Moments

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm sure, despite whatever experience any of you have had, that we tend to have those moments when we maybe act naive or even have moments when we completely fail in rather easy circumstances. I know for a fact, given my clumsy nature sometimes, that I've had quite a few of these moments and I'm not afraid to admit that.

So given the title, just give an example of said moments where you maybe acted a bit naively or just failed.

Salem

SICK
Recently I assumed I have to beat the race in ALBW in order to receive the Pegasus boots, I didn't know the correct way to get it at the time, so I tried the race again and again because every time I always ALMOST beat it at the last few seconds.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
During the 2nd Imprisoned battle I was standing at a high part of the pit, waiting for a opportunity to attack, and Groose ran me over with that stinkin catapult. Since it was hero mode, I lost 2 hearts. Like excuuuussee me sir, even a "Hey! Move your butt!" wouldve been better!

Salem

SICK
Oh, I just remembered a big one in the fire sanctuary in SS.

Remember those bubble like things that you're supposed to poke with your sword to catch them? Yeah I played for a long time and could't figure it out. I watched my sister play the same dungeon later, she accidentally figured it out. I felt like a huge derp.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I spent ten minutes trying to figure out which way to turn one of the boss keys in SS (I think it was the Lanaryu Mining Facility.) My older brother got annoyed with my incompetence and snatched the Wiimote from me, proceeding to solve it in two seconds. :sweat:

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
In the Thieves Town dungeon in A Link Between Worlds, there was a room I was stuck in because I didn't think to merge into the wall and exit right behind the bridge to release it in order to create a new pathway. I had to look it up and felt dumb that I didn't see it myself.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
tumblr_lxv32jO4Xn1r9zabzo1_400.gif

The first time I was in this area, I thought you had to constantly control Goron Link while he rolled. I didn't realize that those barricades would rebound you perfectly if you hit it at the right angle. It took me hours to do, and I felt so stupid afterwards.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
It took me almost 10 years of playing Majora's Mask before I finally realized that there was such a thing as the Woodfall Temple.

Lol, that one made me laugh :D

I remember one of the last things before the boss room you had to do in the Sky City dungeon from TP. When you received the double clawshot you had to lower yourself with it from one room to a room bellow to reach something at the ceiling of the second room. So easy, yet it took me hours to figure out xD

I'm currently playing Twilight Princess for the second time, and I wasted about an extra 20 minutes on the Goron Mines (which is the most linear and basic dungeon in that game, in my opinion). I didn't bother opening one of the smallest chest-types because I thought they only had rupees and never keys, and I didn't feel like wasting time by letting the game tell me that I needed to put the rupee back in the chest because my wallet was full. So I backtracked through the entire dungeon and found two Pieces of Heart before finding the key, which was literally across the room from the locked door. Yeah...

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Generally, when I start replaying a Zelda game, I completely forget how the controls work because they're always different from the last Zelda game I played. This is especially the case when I switch from Wind Waker to Twilight Princess or the other way around, because in WW, you press pause to access your item screen and up on the control pad to open your map, while in TP, you press up on the control pad to open your item screen while the pause button just takes you to your equipment screen that you hardly ever use.

I started playing WW again recently and forgot there was a free camera.

I was trying to make Link climb up a block in Wind Waker without pressing anything because in OoT you just have to walk into them to climb them. Same thing for pushing a block, where I made Link climb it accidentally instead of pressing R to push it.

There are also times where I'll be like "How do I use this item again…?"

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Generally, when I start replaying a Zelda game, I completely forget how the controls work because they're always different from the last Zelda game I played.
Oh, I've done this as well. After I completed my first play through of Skyward Sword, I replayed Twilight Princess. When Link was climbing vines, I started shaking the Wii remote to make him go faster. :facepalm: That didn't work out to well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom