• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Demise Is....

Arguably the easiest final boss ever.

How to beat.
1. Slash in four different directions, the fourth one will hit him
2. Move out of the way of his painfully slow slashes
3. When lightning strikes, do a skyward strike and zap him with electricity.
4. Do this three times, and on the final time, make haste to raise your sword before he charges you.
5. Slash with the electrified skyward strike, and use the ending blow.

Done.

This is one of those amusing examples where nostalgia blinds you, because I'm just gonna ASSUME you're an OoT fanboy and as such believe Ganon is any harder... hint: he is not

I'd like to think the final battle was of moderate difficulty. I guess it is just a matter of opinion.

Admittedly, the premise you present does indeed make it sound incredibly easy, though. :yes:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Arguably the easiest final boss ever.

How to beat.
1. Slash in four different directions, the fourth one will hit him
2. Move out of the way of his painfully slow slashes
3. When lightning strikes, do a skyward strike and zap him with electricity.
4. Do this three times, and on the final time, make haste to raise your sword before he charges you.
5. Slash with the electrified skyward strike, and use the ending blow.

Done.
Sounds simple enough, just need videos to prove it.

This is one of those amusing examples where nostalgia blinds you, because I'm just gonna ASSUME you're an OoT fanboy and as such believe Ganon is any harder... hint: he is not
Who's to say Ganon ISN'T any harder? You may have found him painfully easy (so many people have), that doesn't mean EVERYONE or even frunk here thinks so.

I'm sorry, have you personally fought Demise yourself? If not, don't say he's easy.

I have. :yes: Demise's battle was of moderate difficulty in my opinion. The first sequence required more strategy, since it required [precise?] sword strikes. I found the first sequence to be the most difficult...

I guess one could say the OP of this thread's opinion might be based on one of many Youtube videos of said battle, but I would not rule out the possibility of first hand experience. Either way, it all boils down to opinion...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Considering that this is Zelda's first fully motioned-controlled title, I don't see Demise as being overly challenging. I imagine Nintendo wanted all capable age groups to play the game through with ease. There's no problem in this since they wanted to make it for everybody.

Considering that this is Zelda's first fully motioned-controlled title, I don't see Demise as being overly challenging. I imagine Nintendo wanted all capable age groups to play the game through with ease. There's no problem in this since they wanted to make it for everybody.

Conversely, I believe it was stated [by the guys at Nintendo] that Skyward Sword would be more of a challenge for seasoned veterans, but accessible to new players. They wanted to avoid going the route of Twilight Princess. Though, I am not 100% on this...

The final boss of a game, particularly Zelda, should never be easier to defeat than earlier boss encounters in my opinion.

kaimason1

the Wanderer
However, it inevitably is, especially in Zelda. I wish it weren't so, but it always is, or feels so, probably due to a difficulty curve which is too low.

Conversely, I believe it was stated [by the guys at Nintendo] that Skyward Sword would be more of a challenge for seasoned veterans, but accessible to new players. They wanted to avoid going the route of Twilight Princess. Though, I am not 100% on this...

The final boss of a game, particularly Zelda, should never be easier to defeat than earlier boss encounters in my opinion.

Why is this forgiven for OoT, WW, TP, etc, but somehow it's far worse when a new game is released, untainted by nostalgia? Face it, Zelda has always had "easy" bosses and you are using a double standard.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Have you fought Demise? Everyone I know has said he is between extreme and moderate difficulty. Listing the strategy to beat him doesn't make him sound easy.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I guess one could say the OP of this thread's opinion might be based on one of many Youtube videos of said battle, but I would not rule out the possibility of first hand experience. Either way, it all boils down to opinion...

As do motion controls. Some people (like me) are really good at that. Others aren't. The difficulty of Skyward Sword is almost certainly going to be in the eye of the beholder unlike past titles.

Why is this forgiven for OoT, WW, TP, etc, but somehow it's far worse when a new game is released, untainted by nostalgia? Face it, Zelda has always had "easy" bosses and you are using a double standard.

Way to jump conclusions, chief. :yes: I used Twilight Princess as an example, since it received the most critique from fans [and fan boys] when it came to bosses, difficulty, and such, as memory serves.

In any case, at the end of the day it all boils down to OPINION, which also happens to be the word of the day. *celebrates*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom