• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Demise Battle?!

You can skyward strike during the lightning phase?! I've beat him a million times, and I thought you had the shield bash him in quick succession 3 times in a row, hit him once, and jump back. That fight took me forever. Is this true? No wonder I found him so difficult

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Yes it is true, you can use a Skyward Strike to defeat Demise. It's much more effective than shield bashing. No offense, but you should have picked up on it once you saw Demise use a "Skyward Strike" himself, but sometimes people don't pick up on it right away until after or during the second phase.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah. I instantly knew to do that. Because I saw the battle done on youtube first.
That is the last time I spoil a zelda like that.

Yes it is true, you can use a Skyward Strike to defeat Demise. It's much more effective than shield bashing. No offense, but you should have picked up on it once you saw Demise use a "Skyward Strike" himself, but sometimes people don't pick up on it right away until after or during the second phase.

I was specifically told at the beginning of the fight by fi that the skyward strike wasn't going to work here. I just assumed it wasn't an option :x

Fig

The Altruist
After Demise struck me for the first time with his lightning sword attack, I decide to that I should copy him and see if the lightning will strike my sword instead of his, and it worked! That battle was the most epic and awesome battle that I have ever played! I hope Nintendo will make more boss battles like Demise's! :) :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's much more effective than shield bashing

Shield Bashing is actually the quickest method to his defeat. Striking is easier more often than not, but like every enemy in this game you can shield bash to perpetually break the game.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
I found the first phase of the battle to be somewhat difficult, but with patience and concentration, I got through it easily. Then the started started, and I thought "Oh, crap!!" The lightning threw me off guard, but I figured out I could play tennis with him (redundancy, much?) and utilize the lightning as well. In a sense, fight fire with fire. It took me multiple tries, but I beat him after a couple of annoying failed finishing blows.

I finished Hero Mode recently and I found that I was able to beat him on the second attempt (using that upgraded super potion, to mention).

D

DaveAndersmith

Fi told me at the beginning of the fight that I couldn't use them because of D-man's Magyyks, so i assumed he was using his magyyks to give himself the ability to S-Strike.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I knew this front the bat fighting him, very cool and fun!

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
You raise your sword like you would to do a Skyward Strike (although you can't actually do one in the fight) and you literally steal his thunder. I knew this the first time I fought him, but congrats on doing it the hard way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom