• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

deleted thread

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Yes, Zelda has made some major innovations, but a good number of thing on that list wasn't invented by Zelda(I will be sounding like an A-Hole, please excuse me). Let me explain.

-non-linear gameplay (LoZ 1)
Dragon slayer and Time pilot were non-linear and were release a number of years before Zelda, amoung others.

- pre-rendered graphics (OoT)
The 7th Guest was released in 1991 had pre-rendered graphics.

- 1:1 swordplay (SS)
Original Prince of Persia. Released mid 80's.

- touch-based only gameplay (PH)
WarioWare: Touched. I think.

- adventure in a huge sandbox overworld, 2D and 3D (LoZ1 and OoT)
Elite. 1984. As for 3D, Super Mario 64 could be considered one of the first.

- connected games (oracle series)
Pokemon (kinda)

- transformations (MM and TP)
I'm sorry, but MM was definatly not the first one to do this.

- sidequests(aLttP)
Final Fantasy IV, 1991.

- Hidden Secrets
Really? Not the warp zone in Super Mario Bros?

- Video Game Fandom
I'm sorry but definatly not. Are you saying that games like Mario and Final Fantasy don't have fandoms?

Please don't take this too harshly, I'm not tring to 1-up you or anything, but please, do the research or you'll sound like the ignorant one. ;)

transformations - there was the energizer rabbit from AlttP, I guess
hidden secrets - OMG I can't believe I missed that, it's still Nintendo, though
sidequests - FFIV and AlttP were released on the same year, so Nintendo could not have seen FFIV while developing AlttP
connected games - OMG I also can't believe I missed Pokemon, still Nintendo
1:1 swordplay - It means that whatever you do happens on the screen, so technically swordplay from Wii Sports Resort was first, not some game from the 80's
others - I've never heard of those games, but most of those innovations are credited to Zelda

Sorry, maybe I should have done more research and put those in the popularized category, but I was just sooo mad that a lot of people don't appreaciate all that Zelda gave. You must admit, having a save system is important to video games.

Last edited:
Sorry, maybe I should have done more research and put those in the popularized category, but I was just sooo mad that a lot of people don't appreaciate all that Zelda gave. You must admit, having a save system is important to video games. Also, SS isn't the first 1:1 swordplay?
Hey man, don't sweat it. And yeah, SS wasn't the first to make 1:1 gameplay. Play Prince of Persia (The original), and you can see it for yourself. Anyway, I feel that Zelda more perfected and expanded on those elements, but it didn't compleatly invent them. ;)

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Hey man, don't sweat it. And yeah, SS wasn't the first to make 1:1 gameplay. Play Prince of Persia (The original), and you can see it for yourself. Anyway, I feel that Zelda more perfected and expanded on those elements, but it didn't compleatly invent them. ;)

1:1 swordplay means that whatever you do in the real world, the character does onscreen. So technically, Wii Sports Resort Swordplay (using Wii Motion Plus) is the first actual 1:1 swordplay.

1:1 swordplay means that whatever you do in the real world, the character does onscreen. So technically, Wii Sports Resort Swordplay (using Wii Motion Plus) is the first actual 1:1 swordplay.
Isn't that just motion sensing?

Mido

Version 1
Most people these days, (in my view) just don't seem to appreciate the classics anymore. I notice on Xbox live, if I'm playing COD or something like it, there are like 10 year olds, if not younger, swearing at each other and get into fights with other players. According to these gamers, it's all about competition. I normally enjoy a good shooter, but Zelda, Mario, Sonic, and all those awesome games will never leave me.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
Most people these days, (in my view) just don't seem to appreciate the classics anymore. I notice on Xbox live, if I'm playing COD or something like it, there are like 10 year olds, if not younger, swearing at each other and get into fights with other players. According to these gamers, it's all about competition. I normally enjoy a good shooter, but Zelda, Mario, Sonic, and all those awesome games will never leave me.

I love Nintendo old time games and other old games too. People in my school think that Nintendo is a little kid company and they dont want anything to do with it.

J

JoseMojo

I love how people say that CoD is mature when "blood" is represented by Strawberry jelly, that doesnt sound mature that sounds delicious

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
I have played all of the games the Zelda-Haters play, like CoD and Halo. I find CoD less than spectacular, I have played much better war FPSs... I on the other hand, love Halo alot, I look forward to new Halo games nearly as much as I look forward to new Zelda games.

I found most haters hate for no real reason, they usually haven't played the game they hate. I however have played many other games, and can love or hate with good reason(Not trying to sound superior),
such as, CoD sucks because it has: bad story, bad community, average gameplay, and has not broken any new ground in gameplay ever(At least from what I can tell)...
Halo is awesome because it has: amazing story, slightly above-average gameplay, the first one brought many new things into the FPS world thus saving the Xbox console, but a bad community unfortunetly (Seems to be a trend with console communities).

You can't hate something without giving it a try first, I suspect alot of Zelda fans that hate CoD haven't played it, and if you have played it but still hate it, good for you!:)

(Again, not trying to sound superior, and I did post on this thread earlier, I just had to post again because I have so many opinions about haters.)

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
CoD sucks because it has: bad story, bad community, average gameplay, and has not broken any new ground in gameplay ever(At least from what I can tell)...

You can't hate something without giving it a try first, I suspect alot of Zelda fans that hate CoD haven't played it, and if you have played it but still hate it, good for you!:)
CoD's story is terrible, I agree. However, it's gameplay is where it excels. One can argue that the community of Zelda is terrible as well, and in fact many of the Zelda fans happen to be immature – worse than the average CoD fan.

I hate things all the time without being immersed in them, sure it doesn't seem "legit", but I do it anyway. lol.

S

Shora

I. AM. TIRED. OF. ZELDA. HATERS.

Seriously, so annoying. All of my friends tell me: "Uhm...Zelda? What's this?" And when I explain: "This game sucks." And they haven't even played it at all! Actually, Zelda isn't that popular in my country, most people prefer Pokemon from Nintendo games, but still...My mission is to spread the word about the best game ever xD

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
for any of you zelda haters out there, i have a preposition for you. buy skyward sword. play it. i dare you. you will love it. if not, you can laugh in my face. i don't care.:mad: i'm just sick of all you haters telling off zelda without having ever played one. i hope this makes a difference on where you stand with your zelda ratings.:silent:

Ice Sage

these are words
Nobody here seems to hate zelda. Most people don't like nintendo and think CoD is the best, but they all seem to agree that zelda is at least a good game series. Although most of them aren't huge fans. Not much hating over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom