• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Tree in MM?

Trentino

Modern Day Warrior
Hey guys I was playing Majora's Mask the other day when I realized something.
At the very beginning of the game when your a deku and haven't even gotten to clock town yet, you pass by a small tree with a face. If you press A near it it will just say: ..................................

*Spoiler!*

Then at the end of the game when you see the credits the king deku is kneeling before it. Could it be that it's the mini deku tree from Ocarina of Time?

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
That was actually the Deku Butler, and that was his son he was staring at. He was cursed by Skull Kid, while wearing Majora's Mask.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Guess the question was answered then. But I have one more. When Link was riding through the "woods" in the very beginning of the game. Had he already "reached" Termina or did he do so through the clocktower?

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Guess the question was answered then. But I have one more. When Link was riding through the "woods" in the very beginning of the game. Had he already "reached" Termina or did he do so through the clocktower?

It was when he fell through that hole he entered Termina. Notice the symbols and stuff as he was falling down. But I think the dimensions split when he entered the Clock Tower.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was when Link fell down the giant abyss while chasing the Skull Kid, and that's when he entered Termina. Termina is supposed to be some sort of different dimension, and I think it makes the most sense that it was the abyss that brought him there.

Edit: Swift beat me to it.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
I think he reaches termina when he falls through that tree....the moment he lands he is in termina IMO. As for the butler/son thing, I had completely forgotten about it....that is one of the most sad and creepy momens in any zelda game ever!!! Skull Kid has got to be one of the most evil villians in the zelda universe....perhaps even more than Ganon, because with ganon we don't see people like....REALLY affected with what he's done....but that butler looks so sad having lost his son,....and the guy from the wedding mask quest...the one that was transformed into a kid....skullkid's own story too....and the girl with his dad who became a zombie or something...that part is also very sad....MM is one hell of a game....so creepy and many sad stories.....

Trentino

Modern Day Warrior
Oh I forgot all about the deku butler. I wondered why they had shown the king twice, but they didn't I guess.

I forgot all about the deku butler. So I guess they didn't show the king twice in the credits. But when did it say it was the butlers son?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Oh and by the way, if I remember correctly, the Deku Butler tells you about his son after you do the race for the Mask of Scents. It's only speculation that the Deku he was staring at in the credits was his son.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
Oh and by the way, if I remember correctly, the Deku Butler tells you about his son after you do the race for the Mask of Scents. It's only speculation that the Deku he was staring at in the credits was his son.

huh...I don't think it's speculation...when you "talk" to the tree, tatl or tael or w/e her name is tells you that it has such a sad look or somthing like that.....then we get the story from the butler....and at the end he is almos crying next to that misterious tree.....I think it is pretty obvious that the deku is his son

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
huh...I don't think it's speculation...when you "talk" to the tree, tatl or tael or w/e her name is tells you that it has such a sad look or somthing like that.....then we get the story from the butler....and at the end he is almos crying next to that misterious tree.....I think it is pretty obvious that the deku is his son

Well yes, but it was never flat-out stated that it was his son. So until we get official confirmation that it is, it technically would be speculation.

F

FalseDestiny

I agree with Swiftblade that the Deku tree at the beginning is only inferred to be the Butler's son.
But there are two possibilities of how link got to Termina. First is when he falls and all the images flash by. The second would be the twisted corridor after passing the Deku tree. But more than likely it would be the first one.

L

linkfan822

Just a random question.... if that one deku is the butlers son, what is he doing outside Termina? (maybe) And how would the Butler know that his son is dead?

I think he reaches termina when he falls through that tree....the moment he lands he is in termina IMO. As for the butler/son thing, I had completely forgotten about it....that is one of the most sad and creepy momens in any zelda game ever!!! Skull Kid has got to be one of the most evil villians in the zelda universe....perhaps even more than Ganon, because with ganon we don't see people like....REALLY affected with what he's done....but that butler looks so sad having lost his son,....and the guy from the wedding mask quest...the one that was transformed into a kid....skullkid's own story too....and the girl with his dad who became a zombie or something...that part is also very sad....MM is one hell of a game....so creepy and many sad stories.....
Keep in mind, none of this is the Skull Kid's doing. It's the mask, not him. ;)

linkfan822 said:
Just a random question.... if that one deku is the butlers son, what is he doing outside Termina? (maybe) And how would the Butler know that his son is dead?
Many people believe that Link entered Termina when he fell down that weird hole. Since the tree is encountered after that, it would place the tree in Termina.

Anyway, the concepts that the tree is the Deku Butler's son and that Link entered Termina when he fell down the "abyss" are both not proven. However, they are both very strongly suggested and make a lot of sense. If those things aren't true, then those two aspects of the game make little to no sense, actually. That's why I believe both to be true.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei

Well the butler stated that his son went on a journey.
And he discovers at the end that his son is dead. you can see him on his kness crying.

And about the portal, i also believe that the portal is actually when he fell down and all those strange figures of masks appeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom