• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Princess and the Loftwings

I was looking through my Majora's Mask Walkthrough, and when i saw the Deku Princess, i saw her dress, (Mainly her sleeves), and i noticed they looked almost exactly like the Loftwing's wings.

Deku_Princess.png

Crimson_Loftwing.png

I don't know if this is another way to connect MM to Skyward Sword or not, but we've seen connections before with the Ghirahim/Gilded Sword design similarities. I haven't found anything that means anything other than a coincidence, but i put this here in case anyone else finds something.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I can't see a way that they are really related, except for maybe nintendo drawing some connections with the sire of zelda games.

Night Owl

~Momentai
That's stretching it, imo. It is possible they are related though.
I think Nintendo was mainly trying to put conections that most fans will have remembered from the past games. I don't think they would have tried to make a connection on such a small detail. But you never can know for sure ;)

Eh I don't think they're related at all. Nintendo games are full of teeny tiny similarities like that. and besides, remember that only one loftwing is colored like that.

aaaaaand i think it's pretty safe to say that the loftwings aren't the ancestors of the deku princess :P

So, thats how your loftwing ended! I knew it! ;)

Talking seriously, I don't think they are related, but very nice find anyways!

I think it means that somehow the Deku race knew about the loftwings(from some weird legend or something) and the Deku race worshiped the loftwings by making stuff that looks like them.

Its a very good comparison, but I highly doubt that those two things are anything related. The Deku Princess dress is a design, and it is cute. (may it be made out of flowers per-sa). And the Loftwings colours and designs, each one is different. Now, if the whole Deku clan had a clothing pattern similar like to the Loftwings, then there is something to say, but irreguardless, only the Deku Princess outfit resembles to only one Loftwing, and it probably has nothing to do with "prediction the future", or worshiping.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I think it means that somehow the Deku race knew about the loftwings(from some weird legend or something) and the Deku race worshiped the loftwings by making stuff that looks like them.

This could be possible. This would be the most likely theory... if this whole thing wasn't a complete coincidence. There were lots of references to the past games in modern Zelda titles for example, the parella who says "It is a secret to everybody." This may have been one of the references, but keep in mind that not ALL the loftwings were red and white. Only one had those colors. I say it is much more likely a coincidence than a direct relation, or reference to the past (or future in timeline sense).

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Nice looking. I don't think this is any sort of reference, perhaps they just used the same design for the wings of a loftwing.

T

thepeckingbird

I think this is a good example of Nintendo looking back at previous designs awhile making their games.

Whether or not this has any sugnifacents to any of this but it implies that te deku have some sort of connection to the people of skyloft and or the loftwings.

jack546

The chosen one
I think that the Deku princess is the counterpart to princess zelda and therefore would have something to do with loftwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom