• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Family!?

Austin

Austin
Through out the games, the famous Deku Tree was able to create and spread his/her deku seeds. These seeds eventually grew up into their own tree. In Ocarina of Time, when Ganon makes the Deku Tree ill, he/she plants a seed, and that seed becomes the deku tree sprout.

Also in Wind Waker, you do a quest for a heart piece where you sail around pouring Forest Haven Spring Water on the different withered tree sprouts. When you poured water on them, they burst into a min-deku tree. In the image I provided, the right most picture is of this tree. You can see it has a nose and eyes. I apologize for the quality, but I couldn't find any real good quality pictures. My main point is, that it could be considered a mini deku tree because it has a face and nose.

dekufamily.png

I was thinking if it was possible to have a family of deku trees. We've seen evidence that the deku tree is capable of spreading multiple seeds, and them growing into deku trees. Therefore, it wouldn't be impossible for there to be multiple deku trees in Hyrule or Termina.

On a side note, I'm curious about Forest Haven in WW. The deku tree is inside an even bigger tree. If we assume that tree the Deku Tree is in, was either the Deku Tree Sprout found in OoT or some tree that existed in OoT. We can give a rough estimate of how long WW was after OoT, but that might be a nice idea for a new thread!

I'm curious to hear what you guys think!? Do you think its possible for multiple deku trees to exist?! Would they have their own Kokiri forest surrounding them!?

I do believe in a Deku Family.
The thing about multiple Deku Tree's, I think there are. I wouldn't say they have there own 'Kokori Forest' surrounding them, for example I wouldn't really call the area around the Deku Tree in WW a full blown out forest, just a watered down size of it's siblings.
Just considering the sheer amount of Deku related things in the series, I think it's say to say there all related.
I suppose the Duke Tree(s?) would be the parent(s).
The smaller ones, forgot what they are called (the category that Makar is in) would be the children.
Perhaps the Deku Scrub's could be the babies??
Then of course there's always the famous Deku's like:
Deku King
Deku Princess
Decci
Deppi

Ooccoo Watcher

Some guy with a Clawshot.
I think that after the deku tree died in OoT that the seed he planted grew up to be the seed in WW. As for the heart piece quest in WW, Each of those trees will grow up to be a deku tree, thus creating multiple forest havens, thus continuing the deku way of life.

Last edited:
Firstly, I'd like to point out that I believe that there may be multiple Deku Tree's, although I don't believe each Deku Tree is surrounded by the Kokiri Forest, but just a forest in general.

It is very possible that the Deku Tree's could all be part of a family of trees. The Great Deku Tree we see in Ocarina of Time could be classed as the father (although it could be a mother, I don't think in any game the Deku Tree's are stated to have a gender) of the Deku Tree Sprout that grows from the seed that the Great Deku Tree leaves behind after his death.

As for the pictures that you've posted of the Deku Tree from Wind Waker, this could very well be classed as a Grandson or Granddaughter (if you could give it a gender, I'm not sure as I said before if they are given one, and I doubt that a Deku Tree even has a gender) of the Great Deku Tree in OoT as Wind Waker is the next game along the adult timetable. Although, this Deku Tree in particular may be the descendants of what could be classed as a brother or sister of the Great Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time (or some other form of relative).

However, I'm not sure if there are actually any signs of a Deku Tree that has the potential to become one like those found in Ocarina of Time and as far as I'm aware, Wind Waker, in the Child Timeline. This makes it unlikely that there may be a Deku Tree family, but this could be wrong as we just may never have seen any Deku Tree's in the child timeline. Even if there aren't any Deku Tree's on the child timeline this doensn't disprove the chance that there may be a Deku Tree family on the adult timeline. However, if you class the Deku family (well, the Butler, King and Princess) in Majora's Mask as relatives to the Deku Tree's in Ocarina of Time, then yes, there is a Deku Tree family in the childline as well, although I don't really class them as Deku Trees.

As I've stated above (sort of) I believe that there is a Deku Tree family in the adult timeline but that there is most likely, not a Deku family that is (Yet maybe) possible to exist unless you class the once mentioned Deku's like the King, Princess and the Butler found in Majora's Mask. So what you've already guessed that I believe that it's possible for a Deku Tree family to exist.

O

OniLink

I agree, the Great Deku Tree is just like any other kind of plants, you plant a seed and it grows into a new plant.

Plus, the deku tree sprout tells you that new deku trees might be born.

yea that is pretty much what i think and thats now they reproduce and their legacy lives on

Well, based on this data, it's pretty impossible to deny that more than one Deku Tree can exist; the Deku Tree Sprout and those other trees from The Wind Waker are obviously new Deku Trees.

Due to the (confirmed) timeline split, it is a definite fact that the Deku Tree in TWW is the Deku Tree Sprout from Ocarina of Time. The larger tree, I don't know. It being the original Deku Tree is an interesting theory, and very plausible. Still, it could just be an area design and have no meaning.

For the record, about your comment about how long TWW takes place after OoT... We basically have confirmation. Within the game, during one of the conversations with the King of Red Lions, he states that it has been "hundreds" of years since Hyrule sunk. While this is not an exact date, it means it's lower than one-thousand, and is probably over four hundred or so. I suspect it goes as high as seven or eight hundred years, based on the choice of words.

And if multiple Deku Trees do exist (which is basically confirmed), then they would likely sprout their own forests. Actually, they definitely would; the Great Deku Tree in TWW confirms they will grow more forests. However, this does not mean they are "Kokiri" forests. There's only one of those. The Forest Haven wasn't even one. Hell, they might not even grow their own Kokiri. After all, the Kokiri turned into a different creature: The Koroks. So perhaps some Deku Trees have different "children", or perhaps none at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom