• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Decision on Xenoblade Chronices

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Hi guys, sorry i've been away for so long!
Anyways, i've been wondering whether or not to get Xenoblade Chronicles. I've seen Zelda Informer's (long ago) angry rant about it, and glorious praise from IGN, and many other critics. Honestly, I don't know what to choose! Game looks great, though only problem that bugs me is all the talking during gameplay. Other than that, it's good, but I just don't know if I want to get it or not, I need your help!!

PS. does it support Gamecube controllers?

Kazumi

chagy
I would highly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles to any and all Wii owners. It is an amazing Wii game, and I would even go as far as to say that it's one of if not the best JRPG of this generation. The game has a very fun and intense combat system, which is both engaging and interactive, yet at the same time very strategic. You also said that the talking during gameplay bugs you, but I wouldn't worry about that since the game has a very engaging story, with a lot of interesting characters and ideas. I would also suggest getting it because support for this game might mean more Japanese exclusive games being translated and brought to Europe/NA in the future, which is always good.

Also, GameCube controllers are unfortunately not supported, however the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro are supported, which feel just as good as a GameCube controller to use. The Wiimote + Nunchuck controls are also fine as well.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I would highly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles to any and all Wii owners. It is an amazing Wii game, and I would even go as far as to say that it's one of if not the best JRPG of this generation. The game has a very fun and intense combat system, which is both engaging and interactive, yet at the same time very strategic. You also said that the talking during gameplay bugs you, but I wouldn't worry about that since the game has a very engaging story, with a lot of interesting characters and ideas. I would also suggest getting it because support for this game might mean more Japanese exclusive games being translated and brought to Europe/NA in the future, which is always good.

Also, GameCube controllers are unfortunately not supported, however the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro are supported, which feel just as good as a GameCube controller to use. The Wiimote + Nunchuck controls are also fine as well.

I fully agree with this. The combat system is just amazing, its a balanced mixture of real time and turn based.
The game has alot of replay value, simply because there is so much you can do in this game. I have played this game for over 500 hours.

Like Kazumi said, this is not supported with GC controllers. If you don't have a classic controller, then my advice to you is to buy the limited edition package. It comes with a Red Classic Controller Pro, and you will come out cheaper then buying a seprate controller. I don't know if this package will also be available for US release, but i have a feeling they will also release this in US.
wii20xc20packshotcsnk.jpg

Purple_Rupee

They call me Ammi
Ehhhh,it's pretty good there's no doubt about that. The story line is probably my favorite thing about the entire game though. There are going to be quite a few battles that are pretty difficult so your going to need to know how to strategist your way through it as well as knowing what each monsters primary weaknesses and faults are running head in and being an offensive beast will get you no where but back to a check point. So try to keep your mind open while playing. Don't just go for it plan it out and chart your next moves carefully.

The only other thing I can really complain about the game is walking/running speed and the huge fields in the game. You run reeeealy slow... so yeah.. -lol- hope you are patient.

I'm almost regretting purchasing Kid Icarus: Uprising now as I'm all out of cash for this one. Luckily as my birthday as coming out, maybe I'll be able to convince one of the adults in my family to purchase this form me. I hate to come out as a spoiled brat but a man's got to do what a man's got to do. Thanks for reminding me of this title. =)

Definitely purchase it. I've heard nothing but praise for Xenoblade Chronicles. Several noteworthy sites including Gamespot awarded it Best Wii Game of the Year award last calendar year. That's a true achievement-the characters, story, gameplay, and graphics appear to be deeply engrossing and push the Wii hardware to its limits. This is the reason why JRPG gamers are finding a new home with Nintendo's little motion controlled box. Don't hesitate to check it out.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
The only other thing I can really complain about the game is walking/running speed and the huge fields in the game. You run reeeealy slow... so yeah.. -lol- hope you are patient.

I didn't mind this in my first playtrough, but in your second playtrough you want to run faster.

Luckly there is a solution for this:
Craft the gem know as Quick Feet, which ups your running speed. The max for this attribute as well as the gem itself is 25%, so in the end you only need one slot slot for it. Thats not all, if you builed enough affinity with Riki and Fiora, you can skill link 5% + 4% running speed. These staple up with the 25%, which makes a total 34%.

If i remember correctly, you obtain the level 5 crystals by killing the telethia in Alcamoth. This becomes available when Zanza shows up and returns to the Bionis.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
One more question, when using the Wiimote and Nunchuck, does it use some sort of motion of shaking/swinging/etc of the controls to perform a command? Or is it only buttons. Please let me know!

David

But you called me here...
I preordered the game yesterday. From what I've seen, the game looks absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to have this game in my hands and just play it. It is about a week and a half away, and I'm super excited. I think that the Wii Remote and Nunchuck controls are just buttons, but I'm not certain on that.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
One more question, when using the Wiimote and Nunchuck, does it use some sort of motion of shaking/swinging/etc of the controls to perform a command? Or is it only buttons. Please let me know!

Never tried the Wiimote+Nunchuk, but according to the manual there is no motion controls involved. That said, i still highly reccomend classic controller for this. Not just because its more comfortable, but also because of the camera controls. Because its a huge world full with exploration, you want to use the camera controls alot.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
ONE MORE QUESTION lol sorry for bugging so much!

Is there a way to change the audio from *ahem* "British English" to Japanese? And if there is, can you still play in Japanese, with subtitles and English text?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
ONE MORE QUESTION lol sorry for bugging so much!

Is there a way to change the audio from *ahem* "British English" to Japanese? And if there is, can you still play in Japanese, with subtitles and English text?

Yes you can change the voices to japanese with subititles. Which is rare, because most games these days don't include this option anymore.

Personally i changed the voices to Japanese right from the start to get that JPRG feel. But that doesn't mean that the British voice-overs are bad, there went alot of effort into this. It just doesn't feel fitting with the whole theme for me.

As for options in general, there is alot of options in the game so you can tweak it how you want.

So what is your next last question?

Xenoblade Chronicles?

So I've hearing a lot about this new game that came out recently, called Xenoblade Chronicles. I was wondering of anyone else has played it, and if you think it is a good game. I've read everything from reviews in GameInformer to stuff online, but I want a few more last opinions before I go get it. Even if you've only heard about it, still tell me if you think it will be good.
So how is it?

Does the story line seem cool?

Is the game play good?

Graphics?

You tell me, Thanks again! :)

I haven't played Xenoblade just yet, but if it's anything like the Xenosaga games (I'm assuming they're related, but I don't actually know) then I am positive it is worth purchasing.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It looks like it is a pretty good game. I haven't played it yet, but the more I keep seeing it, the more I want to go out and get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom