• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deceased Characters and Timelines

I talked about this on the SB a couple weeks ago, so I thought might as well post it here. Basically dead characters (mostly villains) can appear in other games. For example, Zant and Vaati died in the MM/TP path, but not in the WW/DS or ALttP/ALBW path, so they might possibly be able to appear in canon games again. Same thing with Malladus, Cole, Bellum, Yuga, Onox, Veran, Vire, etc. There’s only one thing pointing to this possibility and that’s the Helmaroc King. Unlike other boss characters, the Helmaroc King is a specific monster. He dies in Wind Waker ,but appears again in Four Sword Adventures, which are in two different outcomes of the timeline. So does that mean these other villains can reappear in different games, as long as the timeline adds up? And what about other characters who aren’t dead, would their personalities and ambitions be the same? This is just a thought and I don’t think Nintendo would do something like this.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You can argue vaati has done this popping up in MC as his origin then reappear for four swords, strictly speaking thats two seperate timelines, in other cases such as zant it's not so much as appearing if dead as them not actually existing in that timeline or more accurately events that lead up to their creation.

Take Helmaroc King, it is literally a magically enhanced helmaroc created by ganon, so it's entirely possible for it to exist in different timelines, Zant however was his own person and from his own people which only occured on the child timeline because ganondorf was executed and the twilight mirror created, so for zant to actually make a return it'd require those events again because without g-dorf egging him on and gifting him power he'd never have usurped midna is such a fashion (always got the feeling that twili nominate their ruler) and for zant and the other twili to have been borne would require a full out war and possible entrapment of a species. HOWEVER we get told in TP that the twili are a result of interlopers many hundreds of years before........so the question is does it refer to the gerudo or those who like the hex users of MM remain anonymous. I'd say it's more a case of the gerudo for one lone thing, the spirits of light themselves, they act as genii loci of their respective regions and that takes hundreds of years to form.

I think other characters such as ruto and impa do frequent resurface, classically impa, she's shown up in SS, OOT, Oracle games and BOTW, Ruto as shown up at least once as rutela.

@KingPollux in regards to ganondorf being reincarnated once, i'd say wrong, maybe only once reincarnated as ganondorf but that one time has stemmed off to being reincarnated as ganon many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom