• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Debates regarding "best vs. favorite"

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Don't want me to derail the Villains thread? Alright, here you go, here's where I can praise Chrono Trigger for all of eternity. Satisfied?

(Wow, I was a ****ing pissbaby, wasn't I?)

Last edited:

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Well, this isn't really a debate thread if there's just one topic we all agree upon.

AwdryFan1997

Well, this isn't really a debate thread if there's just one topic we all agree upon.
Clarify, please. This is for debating the meanings of "best" and "favorite", and what constitutes a "fact" and an "opinion". I admit I may have gone overboard with the Chrono Trigger argument, so I'll reiterate that it's near-unanimously considered by popular consensus to be the best RPG of all time.

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
Clarify, please. This is for debating the meanings of "best" and "favorite", and what constitutes a "fact" and an "opinion". I admit I may have gone overboard with the Chrono Trigger argument, so I'll reiterate that it's near-unanimously considered by popular consensus to be the best RPG of all time.
I regret to inform you that those are merely the opinions of various people. You share a similar opinion.

AwdryFan1997

I regret to inform you that those are merely the opinions of various people. You share a similar opinion.
You don't get to regret it. Because I already admit my own faults. Oh, gasp, shock and awe, AwdryFan1997 IS ****ing capable of admitting when he's wrong! Oh, wow! Amazing!
"Best rpg" is a far cry from "good rpg"
Yeah, that's something I like to think about often. When it comes to media, I consider what's good and what's fun/enjoyable. And in the RPG department, Chrono Trigger is both.
But in media, or any art, what constitutes "good" is opinion as well.
Right, and I feel that's something that must be acknowledged.
There can't be a best RPG never. Nor can there be a best game ever.
Yes there can, I just told you. It's not the indisputable best RPG ever, but it is considered by many to be the best.
That can't be the best Zelda game ever. There is no best Zelda game ever.
Ocarina of Time.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
That can't be the best Zelda game ever. There is no best Zelda game ever.
We can narrow it down to a handful: zelda 1, a link to the past, ocarina of time, wind waker...
There's a difference between "traditionally good or bad" and "like or dislike"
As an example, I dislike botws sound design but it's not bad at all

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
You don't get to regret it. Because I already admit my own faults. Oh, gasp, shock and awe, AwdryFan1997 IS ****ing capable of admitting when he's wrong! Oh, wow! Amazing!

Right, and I feel that's something that must be acknowledged.

Yes there can, I just told you. It's not the indisputable best RPG ever, but it is considered by many to be the best.
1. I know you are capable of doing so. Everybody is.
2. Not everybody considers Chrono Trigger the best, most amazing RPG ever made.
3. Sources?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom