• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Death Note Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
We used the inactivity to our advantage for sure.

If you read all of the mafia chat, you'll see the intense decision making process we went to secure this victory. I was almost going to claim Jester. If you get the chance, you should look at it.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Heard alot of people say the same thing in the Pokemon game. Funny how no one brought anything up while the game was going/they were still alive.
I was trying to stay on your good side to see if you'd slip up.

I was also going to ping all the inactive players and tell one of them to hammer, but I didn't so I guess it's my fault town lost.

D

Deleted member 14134

Post Game Thoughts:

The Plan:

Pendio*
All Might*
Minish_Link*
karu
Deus
NekoLily
Draculibk
TattooArtist
Libk/Jamie*
funnier*

I split the townies up into two groups. The people who I expected to be active and are also experienced are the ones who have stars by their names. Those were the kill targets. The ones who are less experienced or who I thought would be less active are the ones without stars. Those were the rolecop targets. This started off good at first as funnier died day one and was the vig and Minish ended up flipping flavour cop. Day 2 didn't go as well as Jamie subbed in for libk (libk didn't have a star at first due to inactivity) and Deus died. When Emiya subbed back in the plan to kill all the experienced people went down the drain completely.

My hidden Win-con

I guess I was technically a hybrid third party/mafia since I could still win the game by being the last vote on docs wagon even if I was already lynched. This is why I was ok with killing experienced people cuz even if it made me look bad I could still win if I got lynched. This should be news to Doc and Yiga as well since I didn't tell them about this.

Final Thoughts

I had planned to be inactive this game before it as I genuinely did want a break but joined in the end so the game could start. When I rolled mafia I wasn't too happy at first but the inactivity of the game covered up for my inactivity. In the end I think that was what lost the game for town more than anything.

Most of the credit goes to Bok for this one. GG
Talking though the third night with you helped me change my mind of killing Emiya instead of Jamie which arguably won us the game at this point since I think Emiya did have something against me.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
My hidden Win-con

I guess I was technically a hybrid third party/mafia since I could still win the game by being the last vote on docs wagon even if I was already lynched. This is why I was ok with killing experienced people cuz even if it made me look bad I could still win if I got lynched. This should be news to Doc and Yiga as well since I didn't tell them about this.
I’m sorry?? What?!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
THE LOSERS
Pendio - Ray Penber, a Vanilla Townie (Lynched Day Three)
All Might I - Shuichi Aizawa, a Vanilla Townie (Killed Night Two)
Funnier6 - Touta Matsuda, the One-Shot Vigilante (Lynched Day One)
Minish_Link - Soichiro Yagami, the Flavor Cop (Killed Night One)
Karu - Naomi Misura, a Vanilla Townie
Deus - Kanzo Mogi, a Vanilla Townie (Lynched Day Two)
Nekolily/All Might II - L, the Detective (Killed Night Three)
Draculibk/Count Slothula - Hieozaku Ukita, a Vanilla Townie
TattooArtist - Hideki Ide, a Vanilla Townie
Jamie - Watari, the Knowledgable Bodyguard (Lynched Day Four)

THE WINNERS
YIGAhim - Misa Amane, the Rolecop
Spider-Bok - Ryuk, the Traitorous, Deathless Godfather
Doc - Light Yagami, the Ninja

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
ROLE PMS
Hello Pendio, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Raye Penber, a Vanilla Townie!

_csB2_fr9AV1cOAqh_FzaIpH-ITddUS6HHD282eg5kPI53j0bxm6bnoUdMDu3JuWn0tHsRuADNdHERpfwTl63BC6qg8DMKE5TaHCQ0Cs9QERfUbg1H_PxRu0MHL2fYhsVNag5sPj

An FBI Agent sent to help L investigate the Japanese Taskforce, you feel you have a duty to protect others.

You win when all threats to the town have been defeated.
Please confirm that you received this PM in the sign-up thread
Hello All Might, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Shuichi Aizawa, a Vanilla Townie!

ugoN4UE63zQk-7wYNlCcLhgHh5Og7LzOXLozU4SJ4qLzINGRvSEp-6yB3heJMxlBnyDwVV5RXeS_R-wFz9YFlH9XdzW8o7Kk4Qs2OynL19PEmjcPqWEFFr9SmVvBxg8WITAooIPz

While you respect L, you refuse to leave the confines of the law when tracking down Kira.

Hello Funnier6, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Touta Matsuda, the One-Shot Vigilante!

0fa0e8ff573c0674bee3c89b9eaa5ff9194a184a_hq.gif

You are the youngest member of the Police Taskforce, and are somewhat questioning whether or not Kira is so wrong. You hate using your gun, but when driven far enough, you’re able to use it once. As such, you have one shot to kill anyone you want. You can use this shot at any time, day or night. But use it wisely.

Please confirm that you received this PM in the sign-up thread.
Hello Minish_Link, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Chief Soichiro Yagami, the Town Flavor Cop!

SJkFt5PSSEybDzfjAMO8TBmfYuU-SfYueMBB-Kb_ycNQlv-46HMgJrsuORFkxyLsrmdzwGQshcyM075t5QIXFi0F9d4lf-WI7swzzwNUKP7Do8HQHF0P_o9B45eIGGyUBVZrUBQw

Chief of the International Police’s Investigation Bureau, you are the head police officer in the group. You know each and every member of the taskforce, and can tell who they are. As such, you can investigate one person every night phase and learn if they’re a member of your taskforce.

Hello Karu, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Naomi Misora, a Vanilla Townie!

Y9b0Jmx3ky0FmuUqKCZ5YFVV7OXlJQ_iRsicmhfGH75WcqN2Mk70-dsN-mXTtjxxJjdoXNOENQOffM22x_CWSj09W-4DaPA6c1kxfCHxYUIGPSvBRUKIsl74JVM8tJCylog51dYy

An ex-FBI agent who came to Japan with your fiancee Raye, you decided to take matters into your own hands by trying to track down Kira after Raye’s death.

Hello Deus, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Kanzo Mogi, a Vanilla Townie!

ocNaDQ-tzyCVVDW2P6jlKoqkeisYsoYR-5tcgOosCFj9EOcWsIny1B_kFeFz_n2Ac8jDaB3LekU2UHd9dOR6RJhDZYPCsBwMPGD8uzQpiPb5ERANrQ04OYVv-zMHUsAycm-3yy26

Though a quiet man, you are willing to do whatever you can to track down Kira, even putting your own life on the line.

Hello YIGAhim, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Misa Amane, the Mafia Rolecop!

V8cBPYU_nTFXHp8HEpr7-bb836nsR6eQppbKs-owbQnmuY5bxRFKLfbXTJ5Qf4jlNVrtkA95TOlnFmmhnU_o5Zyf5LroaPBN4w2Fh8tpwJLG1BiUmn1YfXRoG3m0Qbm7VkGqQphp

After your parents were murdered and the killer avoided justice, you were dropped into a deep depression. That is, until the killer was killed by the vigilante known as Kira. Becoming a devout Kira worshipper, you were delighted when the Shinigami Rem appeared before you and offered you a Death Note. Making the trade for Shinigami eyes with your newfound partner, you learned that Kira was actually Doc, and went to confront him. The two of you became a couple, and along with his Shinigami Spider-Bok, you work to purge the world of evil.

Since you have the Shinigami eyes, you can tell who people really are. As such, you are the Mafia Role Cop. Every night, you can choose to learn another player’s role.

You win when the mafia make up a majority of the remaining players.

Please, confirm your receival of this PM in the sign-up thread.
Hello Nekolily, and welcome to Death Note Mafia, and you are... well, you say it better yourself

afvDEj6JdG9o2xYpS2IP0GlP0rslNyvgATobb20FolI1tKLEV1jg8AHoVMTOViTf-ipIklg_BRvA-T1GJc3GYL5XVGiL1q-N6e64xJG0hBAHonWrJLRtFWk0qXJ71Uf6VnGq4V0y

You are L, the world’s first, second, and third greatest detectives. Because your intellect is too big to just be one detective.

An orphan, you were raised by Watari, aka Quilish Wammy, and brought up for the sole purpose of being the world’s greatest detective. When the vigilante known as “Kira” began killing criminals around the world, you were one of the first to notice that the killings must be connected, and are the head of this investigation.

Being the world’s greatest detective, that’s your role name. Detective. Every night you can choose from one of two actions: either you can make a normal cop check and get their alignment, or you can choose to gambit them. If you gambit your target, you can give them a choice. If they choose wrong, you learn their role as well as their alignment. If they choose right, you learn nothing that night. You can only gambit each player once. However, if you gambit them and learn nothing, you can still investigate them on another night.

Hello Draculibk, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Hirokazu Ukita, a Vanilla Townie!

xxRxVKC-kzouXQzuOWTQ7lGiOghwjnEriwYlk9NQ_WAtwycGT6XqX7Fq-4UZ2Qu58uo9K1jiVzVg70FWxLfGxC8kLDZd0wKeYtnADo24no-tu2sb7Pgrt07XtGNq1fqrg-I-6aeC

You are no doubt the bravest of the members of the taskforce, but you’re also prone to listen to emotion over reason.

Hello TattooArtist, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Hideki Ide, a Vanilla Townie!

f05O3oE-wMiggh5iFZiPVkhXSdnxxhngdxqFiK0idtMQpjnBjx_6elm7zkiSEL7_BwPZgfWW29OO1sy5FcTxkigxVOnjS00PIYZzFas8iMJotOA7dXJ1tDxBmXxaIJDegptTIsal

A member of the police taskforce, you are distrustful of L, but are willing to collaborate with him in order to stop Kira.

Hello Jamie and welcome to Death Note Mafia. You are the esteemed Quillsh Wammy, better known as Watari, The Town Bodyguard!

JFd6o5ZCjeflxGttenhDWsK03s8hHFzSTSiaD6OEaK-eb_RBk48XUR5dz3wuUXrHUgzm8m0J3hrXWjPIaPNJDjFXqx7v5uQms1Rb9G-_rwBhaiAJ6w7g7AhuI1mi5FckuCVJOoI9

As the founder of Wammy House, you have taken it upon yourself to mentor the brightest minds orphans have to offer. You are the butler, retainer, and father figure to Nekolily, the detective known as “L”. Sadly, despite knowing the identity of L, they do not recognize you in return.

Your role is that of bodyguard. Every night, you may choose to guard another player. If someone tries to kill your target, you get killed instead.

Hello Spider-Bok, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Ryuk, the Mafia Godfather!

4vDJDYtTfyUwfzcUTJLKU9HZqeq8BmzIEsMsrvCYCkzhKrU_t8U3L0biAMQNYaA3Lr9YZkMSOl-qifSMuz8f0AO9-qOlzACnWghqCkPUWEsnDlgnXZ1Q85J2ZSBu8m6mvI4AFK-r

Bored of living an eternity of nothingness in the Shinigami realm, you came to the human realm for a little fun. Dropping your Death Note, it entered the hands of Doc, and you began following him, to watch the events unfold. To your surprise, another Death Note found its way into the hands of Kira fangirl YIGAhim, who also joined his cause.

Doc thinks that he’s in charge, but in reality you’re the mind behind the whole thing. You’re the reason this whole thing came about, and when the time comes, you’re going to be the one to take his life. Because of that, you are the Godfather.

As a god of death, you can’t actually be killed by humans. However, when they try to kill you, they’ll realize what (and who) you are. You will be revealed as Ryuk, the Godfather, but will not actually die. However, your words will no longer have meaning, and you will be rendered voteless, but with one exception:

You can win in two ways. The first is if the mafia end up as a majority of the remaining players. The second is by being the final vote on Doc’s wagon before he’s lynched. That is the only time you can vote after you have been revealed to the town. After that, you will have completed your little game and will depart to the Shinigami realm.

You are unable to win on your own. If both Doc and YIGAhim die, then you will also leave the human realm, though without that win. So be careful.

Hello Doc, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Light Tur- er, I mean Yagami. Light Yagami, the Mafia Ninja

fdgS4wtHYwphp2ql3Ny0J8x7o_o7pL5ARAMCBOlC3533khaCBobqatFJZNL56tUlzTJsdPHRrYDZ4rdhXV3O9OF3B69A1wh9J19v4nOu7i9kDeVLh2bI4lAx30x07YdM31Mk3RRR

After coming across the Death Note after school one day, you became obsessed with potato chips. And also justice. Mostly justice honestly. You want to become the god of a new world full of people that you deem to be good by killing all those you see as evil. However, all this death has caused the governments of the world to turn against you.

You’re not alone, however. Along with the Shinigami Spider-Bok and your celebrity girlfriend YIGAhim, you will tear down all those who stand in your way.

You are the mafia ninja. This means that, if you use the factional nightkill, all trackers or watchers will not include this action in their results.

You win when the mafia make up a majority of the remaining players.

Please, confirm your receival of this PM in the sign-up thread.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
NIGHT ACTIONS
Doc (Mafia Ninja) attacks Minish_Link (Town Flavor Cop)
YIGAhim (Mafia Rolecop) investigates karu (Vanilla Townie) and learns her role.
Nekolily (Town Detective) gambits Spider-Bok (Mafia Godfather), to no results.
Minish_Link (Town Flavor Cop) investigates All Might (Vanilla Townie), learning that he's a member of the taskforce
Doc (Mafia Ninja) attacks All Might (Vanilla Townie)
YIGAhim (Mafia Rolecop) investigates Pendio (Vanilla Townie) and learns his role.
NekoLily (Town Detective) investigates karu and learns that she's town.
Doc (Mafia NInja) attacks All Might (Town Detective)
YIGAhim (Mafia Rolecop) investigates Jamie (Town Bodyguard) and learns his role.
All Might (Town Detective) investigates Jamie and learns that he's town.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
For the flavor cop investigations, everyone came up as a member of the taskforce except Spider-Bok (Ryuk), YIGAhim (Misa), Pendio (Raye Penber) and karu (Naomi Misora).
None of the mafia were bulletproof or investigationproof.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Talking though the third night with you helped me change my mind of killing Emiya instead of Jamie which arguably won us the game at this point since I think Emiya did have something against me.
I didn't beforehand, but now I definitely do (jk). Jamie was going to be my first investigation target because his vote on Deus didn't have much substance; I thought that he was covering for you. Your team played exceptionally well.

Although...since you were Deathless does that mean you couldn't even be lynched? That's OP.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I didn't beforehand, but now I definitely do (jk). Jamie was going to be my first investigation target because his vote on Deus didn't have much substance; I thought that he was covering for you. Your team played exceptionally well.

Although...since you were Deathless does that mean you couldn't even be lynched? That's OP.
The Deathless thing mostly meant he could continue to post after his death. If called out, his role would be revealed and he'd be rendered voteless. He also wouldn't count towards majority or the living player count. It was more meant to allow him the chance to win with his secondary goal (killing Doc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom