• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death Mountain...

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
Okay so, in just about any Zelda game, when you look over the land, which one of the tallest rock ya see? (that has a name, anyways...) Death Mountain. So, if the Great Sea is merely Hyrule flooded then...where did Death Mountain go? Wasn't it supposed to be the tallest mountain in Hyrule? Couldn't have been covered that easily, could it?

I would think (and I'm sure so many others would, too) that its supposed to be Dragon Rst. Island but if that was the case....why did it get so small and how come there are no traces of Gorons? (don't get me wrong the entire place is huge, I just meant at the top, where Valoo sits, its so small, small enough for him to cover anyways....)

Maybe I'm thinking too deeply into this?

Thats a good question, I'm not entirely sure why it would be so small, Its the highest place in Hyrule if I'm not mistaken, So if only the peak of that is showing then there shouldn't be anymore islands. It must have shrunk somehow for that to happen.

I don't have much knowledge of how large the island where Valoo is found actually is. I haven't played Wind Waker but I remember seeing a video of Link finding Valoo on Youtube. I really don't know why it would be so small though.

About the Goron thing though I am just gonna guess that they all drowned trying to escape the water seeing as Goron's can't swim and just sink. Although depends on if they need to be breath but I am going to assume they do. Its also possible that they just died out completely before the actual occurance of the flood.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I always though it was Dragon Roost, it makes the most sense.
And as for the Gorons, well the only Gorons in the game are the merchants, maybe something happened that caused the Goron Population the decrease, there is also the fact that Gorons don't live in the higher parts of Death Mountain they live near the middle, so maybe that part was actually covered by the ocean so they all had to migrate out.
And DarkLink, Gorons can breath underwater, they just can't swim, this was made apparent in Twilight Princess.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
Dragon Roost is supposed to be the Death Mountain in Wind Waker. I think it is not small, Valoo has just grow a little bit to much. Look how big he actually is. The Tower of The Gods is the tallest thing in the game anyway. I know it's not bigger than the Death Mountain in TP but it's not small. About the Goron... Goron's really hate water, and the whole game is 80% water, the birdman tribe fits this world better than te Gorons. On thing, the Gorons were on Amber Island in Phantom Hourglass, i really don't get why they aren't in WW.

If you stay on the top of Dragon Roost it's just big enough. Valoo is THAT big.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I have no idea about why the Goron,s would have left/died, but I think that the reason it could be so skinny could be erosion, after all the rain, flooding(however it happened) it could easily have slimmed down.

Zarom

The King
First, I have to clarify one thing. Gorons are not dead in WW, they just have nearly become extinct. There is only three left. :goron::goron::goron:

And Dragon Roost Island is actually the biggest island in the whole game. It is not a small island, not at all. And I think it's really the top of Death Mountain. After all, there is fire and lava in it, like in Death Mountain crater. So, Dragon Roost Island is Death Mountain. :D

Okay so, in just about any Zelda game, when you look over the land, which one of the tallest rock ya see? (that has a name, anyways...) Death Mountain. So, if the Great Sea is merely Hyrule flooded then...where did Death Mountain go? Wasn't it supposed to be the tallest mountain in Hyrule? Couldn't have been covered that easily, could it?

I would think (and I'm sure so many others would, too) that its supposed to be Dragon Rst. Island but if that was the case....why did it get so small and how come there are no traces of Gorons? (don't get me wrong the entire place is huge, I just meant at the top, where Valoo sits, its so small, small enough for him to cover anyways....)

Go to the island called, Spectacle Island. Spectacle Rock is in Death Mountain, and those two points are the tip.

Zarom

The King
Go to the island called, Spectacle Island. Spectacle Rock is in Death Mountain, and those two points are the tip.

No. This place isn't Spectacle Rock in Death Mountain. It is completely another place. Like Kakariko Village in TP who is not the real Kakariko. And also like Mother & Child isles who aren't the same in the games...as well as other places. Having part of the same name doesn't mean they're the same place.

No. This place isn't Spectacle Rock in Death Mountain. It is completely another place. Like Kakariko Village in TP who is not the real Kakariko. And also like Mother & Child isles who aren't the same in the games...as well as other places. Having part of the same name doesn't mean they're the same place.

Hmm prove it then. I know they rehash names, but...

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Spectacle_Rock

and if you don't like that wiki then....

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Spectacle_Rock

Zarom

The King
Hmm prove it then. I know they rehash names, but...

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Spectacle_Rock

and if you don't like that wiki then....

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Spectacle_Rock

Yeah. But they can both (Death Mountain and Spectacle Rock) be far away from each other. The locations of areas are not always the same. For example, the ToT in OOT is in Castle Town. In TP, its in the Sacred Grove (in the Lost Woods) and in ALP, its in the Lost Woods. And remember that Dragon Roost Island is a crater area and there is lava and fire inside it. So, they separate Spectacle Rock from Death Mountain in this game. They are now at two different places in the AT.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule

It's possible that Dragon Roost is Death Mountain, but I tend to doubt it. Mind you, it does have a volcano, but who says DM has the only volcano? The world we see in TWW could only be a fraction of what was in Hyrule. Remember, Gorons still exist, so perhaps they came from wherever Death Mountain is.

Or, if Death Mountain is indeed one of the areas we are allowed to view in the game, it's very possible that its size was minimized by erosion, especially since a great flood took place.

Yeah. But they can both (Death Mountain and Spectacle Rock) be far away from each other. The locations of areas are not always the same. For example, the ToT in OOT is in Castle Town. In TP, its in the Sacred Grove (in the Lost Woods) and in ALP, its in the Lost Woods. And remember that Dragon Roost Island is a crater area and there is lava and fire inside it. So, they separate Spectacle Rock from Death Mountain in this game. They are now at two different places in the AT.

Well, there was originally a path to the ToT in OoT beta from the Lost Woods (just like in TP). There is proof of this via in the beta storyline and leftover data.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
This death mountain you people talking about, does it appear in the other Zelda games? If so, is this Hyrule the same world as any other Zelda game world?

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I never really though about it, but Chrono does bring up some valid points. I've known that Death Mountain = Spectacle Rock. And Spectacle Island being the tip sounds like a very valid theory. But then again, so does the Dragon Roost one. It's all very interesting, but I don't think it's anything Nintendo thought important enough to include in the storyline somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom