• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death battle Link vs Cloud Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) I can think of several moments where Link couldn't block an attack...

2.) Sora is all about magic; magic and strength are two completely different things. Imagine Superman vs Voldemort. Superman is crazy strong and powerful, yes, but if Voldemort used Avada Kedavra, Superman would be kissing his Kryptonian ass goodbye.
3.) Kind of goes against my point, but Fierce Deity Link isn't the strongest incarnation. And considering what Cloud has done, I'm pretty sure he could break through rock and escape a Zora's grip.
4.) I still find this point pathetic; I could say Cloud could just use Teleport/Escape/Exit/Escapor and come back to fight another day.
5.) This point has truth to it.
6.) But think about all the times Link has been staggered by an attack, deflected or not; Link isn't perfect either, you know.

Yes but sora and cloud both fight 90% of their games with help of entire teams, not solo like link...out of the 3 link faced the biggest out of all bosses, almost as big as godzilla (definitly longer) twinmold is easily 20,000 tons and a 1,000 feet long, he even makes giant link look small, and regular link is a ant to them:
tumblr_nj9hdgkDiy1sp8yqvo1_500.jpg

Sora beat cloud and sephiroth. And in Final fantasy tactics, cloud would have been killed ten out of ten times by people like Thunder god cid, zalbag, agrias, gafgarion, izlude, weigraf, delita and tons of other characeters that just out muscles clouds soldier job class.

What is final fantasy tactics non-canon again? lol

1.) oh really? When? There are literally a whole sub-species of Zelda speed runs that the whole point is to only take 3 hearts of damage. Cloud is going to get hit no matter what.
2.)Link is all about magic too. And in many cases in invulnerable. for everything that the Hylian shield can't block, he can deflect with his master sword.
3.) No one has ever been able to kill a Goron, like ever. They are quite literally unbreakable. A Goron has literally been encased in Lava, shot up millions of miles away to Zora's Domain, and is completely unscathed. Have you ever tried to escape something underwater though? Normal physics simply don't work. Cloud is at 1/6 of his strength underwater while Zora Link is at full strength, and can push blocks that are about a ton in weight.

4.) Have you never played MM? Press R in Goron form. You know, the shield button? You are invincible to all attacks, which takes care of Clouds Summons, which only last for small bursts of time.

5.)Materia magic also has a finite time to be used. Link can easily take care of Cloud once Materia Magic is taken care of.
1.) Just an example? Ganon's fire bats in aLttP.
2.) Like I said, he can be staggered. Take his battle with Demise, for example.
3.) 1/6 of his strength is still pretty strong.. Not to mention that Link Goron physics are different than the physics seen in games like TP. In MM, Goron Link can literally have to restart the screen because of falling in water, instead of doing some sort of Iron Boots effect like the Goron in Zora's Domain did.
4.) Insults again, nice. Like I said, being invincible isn't the same as being invincible while also being able to attack. And imagine if Goron Link was defending himself when Cloud used Leviathan; we all know what happens to Goron Link when he even gets near waist deep water, much less a near flood.
5.) At least you admitted Nayru's Love has finite time; thats more than I can say for the other guy.

Yes but sora and cloud both fight 90% of their games with help of entire teams, not solo like link...out of the 3 link faced the biggest out of all bosses, almost as big as godzilla (definitly longer) twinmold is easily 20,000 tons and a 1,000 feet long, he even makes giant link look small, and regular link is a ant to them:
tumblr_nj9hdgkDiy1sp8yqvo1_500.jpg

Sora beat cloud and sephiroth. And in Final fantasy tactics, cloud would have been killed ten out of ten times by people like Thunder god cid, zalbag, agrias, gafgarion, izlude, weigraf, delita and tons of other characeters that just out muscles clouds soldier job class.

What is final fantasy tactics non-canon again? lol
Considering that Twinmold basically ignores Link for the first half of the battle and only initiates him when he's their size, I think its pretty fair (using the most updated version of the game as source.) Also, since you're into non canon stuff stated as fact, Cloud completely obliterated Sora in the KH manga.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.) If you're going to try to win through insults, it's not even worth arguing with you. Not to mention, check my previous post on the flaws with this.
2.) Take the currents in Great Bay Temple or the Stone Tower Temple, for example. They can clearly prevent you from swimming any further in a set direction and can control you. The shield really didn't do anything for this either.
3.) Nayru's Love, like I said, is on a timer. **Cane of Byrna hinders Link from using certain Sword techniques. Magic Armor in WWHD (which is now the updated and canon version) also runs on rupees, meaning that if he's out of rupees, Chateau Romani is useless.
4.) Yeah, I'm the one making stuff up, lets just ignore your crazy estimates for how much rocks in Zelda weigh...
5.) Cool.

Where did I insult, so far you are the one who is making things up cloud cant do, or making up fantasy limitations on link which dont restrict him in the real time.

And aww, whats wrong? After all this talk about cloud being able to one shot, over power an is suppose to be superman level strength, you cant even show him lifting/pulling/dragging/pushing something heavier than a 12 year old link? I dont have to estimate them in, we all can see with our eyes how large the rocks link man handles, wheres clouds strength feat? All Clouds magic is on a timer as well, what you want him to have 99 megalixers? That wouldnt even last him an hour...how is the magic milk useless? Its not some code, or canon, its part of the game, and cloud isnt even making through the battle pass an hour.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
3.) 1/6 of his strength is still pretty strong.. Not to mention that Link Goron physics are different than the physics seen in games like TP. In MM, Goron Link can literally have to restart the screen because of falling in water, instead of doing some sort of Iron Boots effect like the Goron in Zora's Domain did.
4.) Insults again, nice. Like I said, being invincible isn't the same as being invincible while also being able to attack. And imagine if Goron Link was defending himself when Cloud used Leviathan; we all know what happens to Goron Link when he even gets near waist deep water, much less a near flood.
5.) At least you admitted Nayru's Love has finite time; thats more than I can say for the other guy.
You are forgetting that the reason that Goron Link doesn't like water canonically is that "Link would get stuck". Goron Link doesn't die. He just sinks like a stone and stays there, like in TP.
2 Not with good timing. If you have correct timing, Link will not get staggered.
3 not stronger than one who can push 1 ton blocks underneath water
4Like I said earlier. Goron Link would just be stuck for a little while until the flood herded out.
5. Like I said though. Materia use is also very limited.

1.)Where did I insult, so far you are the one who is making things up cloud cant do, or making up fantasy limitations on link which dont restrict him in the game.

2.) And aww, whats wrong? After all this talk about cloud being able to one shot, over power an is suppose to be superman level strength, you cant even show him lifting/pulling/dragging/pushing something heavier than a 12 year old link?
3.) I dont have to estimate them in, we all can see with our eyes how large the rocks link man handles, wheres clouds strength feat?
4.)All Clouds magic is on a timer as well, what you want him to have 99 megalixers? That wouldnt even last him an hour...
5.)how is the magic milk useless? Its not some code, or canon, its part of the game, and cloud isnt even making through the battle pass an hour.
1.) Can you give an example of one of the things I said he could do that he can't do? lol
2.) I don't really have to, he's a super soldier, he's basically in league with Captain America, Sephiroth, ect.
3.) Unless Aonuma or Shigeru came to your house and gave you the exact weight, you're estimating.
4.) I never said it wasn't on a timer...
5.) It'd be useless for the Magic Armor in Wind Waker HD, the most updated version of the game, as Link also loses rupees upon taking damage, meaning if he runs out of rupees, it stops working.

Ganons fire bats arent attacking links goron.

And cloud bleeds like a stuck pig from sephiroths 1 inch thin sword.

Cloud isnt even 1/100th as strong as link. These are game mechanics, superman can punch a moon in half, but in superman 64 the game a flimsy door stops him,

4.) Insults again, nice. Like I said, being invincible isn't the same as being invincible while also being able to attack. And imagine if Goron Link was defending himself when Cloud used

Where did I call you anything or use profanity?

Cloud has only hero drink, and maybe protect to make him invulnerable, for mere seconds. Links last longer than that since he has the magic milk.

Leviathan; we all know what happens to Goron Link when he even gets near waist deep water, much less a near flood.

Levithan does nothing to zora link or iron boots link. Why are you negating from that fact?

And yet it can be used multiple times...No?

1.) You are forgetting that the reason that Goron Link doesn't like water canonically is that "Link would get stuck". Goron Link doesn't die. He just sinks like a stone and stays there, like in TP.
2 Not with good timing. If you have correct timing, Link will not get staggered.
3 not stronger than one who can push 1 ton blocks underneath water
4Like I said earlier. Goron Link would just be stuck for a little while until the flood herded out.
5. Like I said though. Materia use is also very limited.
1.) Then why does he have to restart going in waist deep water in Great Bay? He wasn't stuck there, and the tide clearly couldn't pull him in to the ocean, so its not like that is a problem he could be facing.
2.) Like I said, he isn't perfect.
3.) Fair.
4.) Check 1.
5.) Ok.

Ganons fire bats arent attacking links goron.

And cloud bleeds like a stuck pig from sephiroths 1 inch thin sword.

Cloud isnt even 1/100th as strong as link. These are game mechanics, superman can punch a moon in half, but in superman 64 the game a flimsy door stops him,

Where did I call you anything or use profanity?

Cloud has only hero drink, and maybe protect to make him invulnerable, for mere seconds. Links last longer than that since he has the magic milk.

Levithan does nothing to zora link or iron boots link. Why are you negating from that fact?

And yet it can be used multiple times...No?

1.) But Fire Keese can still do damage to Goron Link, as shown in MM.
2.) Have you seen how long that blade is, and Sephiroth's strength, Link would as well.
3.) Ok.
4.) Asking me if I've "played the game" is just another way to say I don't know what I'm talking about.
5.) Cane of Byrna hinders Sword Beams and Spin Attacks
Magic Armor can be rendered useless by running out of rupees in TPHD and WWHD
Nayru's Love can be reused, but he must once again activate it, which can lead to an opening for Cloud to attack
6.) Link isn't a super godly speedster who can change around his entire gear use in a millisecond; you sound like one of the people that allow Fierce Diety Link to use Link's arsenal or something.

1.) Then why does he have to restart going in waist deep water in Great Bay? He wasn't stuck there, and the tide clearly couldn't pull him in to the ocean, so its not like that is a problem he could be facing.
3.) Fair.
4.) Check 1.
5.) Ok.

who cares, these are game mechanics, even if cloud through water at goron link, it takes link only a second to take it off.

So whats stopping link from crushing his skull with any of the power enhancements like the titans mits, power glove, silver/golden gauntlets, raw strength? Link can rip off any of clouds limbs with that type of physical force, he could bend the buster sword around clouds neck, link also has 50 different rings that enhance his speed, strength, durability, and tons more to near god levels:
K1TgGOI.png

The experts ring makes links punches equal to a bomb exploding, link can just punch cloud to death, the all clouds magic like lighting, fire, ice ect all dont work on links holy rings, which nullifys elemental attacks. That means Cloud haveing green materia in this fight is useless. Yet Link has tons of magic medaliions, dins fire, ice arrows, and light arrows. What can he do to protect him self, his magic protect and reflect is limited, once he runs out of magic its over.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
3.) Fair.
4.) Check 1.
5.) Ok.
Game design oversights happen people. That was merely the game interfering, much like how Cloud gets a game over if he doesn't get out of the Power Plant in time.
The sign that is in MM clearly states that it is only because that Gorons sink in water that water is bad. If you are going to use the current version of items of Zelda with the whole magic armor argument, then you have to consider Gorons from TP.
2. Neither is Cloud
2.) Have you seen how long that blade is, and Sephiroth's strength, Link would as well.
3.) Ok.
4.) Asking me if I've "played the game" is just another way to say I don't know what I'm talking about.
Nayru's Love can be reused, but he must once again activate it, which can lead to an opening for Cloud to attack
6.) Link isn't a super godly speedster who can change around his entire gear use in a millisecond; you sound like one of the people that allow Fierce Diety Link to use Link's arsenal or something.
1. Not when Goron link is shielding
2. Have you seen how powerful Ganondorf is with his blade and how long it is? Yet it barely takes away 1/20 of his health.
5. So? If it hinders sword beams and spin attacks? How exactly would these abilities work? I mean, these aren't essential abilities at all to beat cloud.
You are also forgetting that Link has a shield that would easily block most of Clouds shield attacks.
6. I mean, in the game he is... He can literally take out all of his weapons out of hammer space within a millisecond. By your logic, Cloud would have to wait a longer time to actually use his Materia, as he has to actually say a long somewhat complicated spell(as proven by FF 4-5-6)

who cares, these are game mechanics, even if cloud through water at goron link, it takes link only a second to take it off.

So whats stopping link from crushing his skull with any of the power enhancements like the titans mits, power glove, silver/golden gauntlets, raw strength? Link can rip off any of clouds limbs with that type of physical force, he could bend the buster sword around clouds neck, link also has 50 different rings that enhance his speed, strength, durability, and tons more to near god levels:
K1TgGOI.png

The experts ring makes links punches equal to a bomb exploding, link can just punch cloud to death, the all clouds magic like lighting, fire, ice ect all dont work on links holy rings, which nullifys elemental attacks. That means Cloud haveing green materia in this fight is useless. Yet Link has tons of magic medaliions, dins fire, ice arrows, and light arrows. What can he do to protect him self, his magic protect and reflect is limited, once he runs out of magic its over.
Considering that you've already seen Cloud survive a super nova and a sword to the chest, I think he'll be fine to any of the rings. He would need to get near Cloud, who is faster and more physically adept;
12 year old Link couldn't even lift a plant, dude; he needed the Goron's Bracelet to lift a plant.

A plant.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Considering that you've already seen Cloud survive a super nova and a sword to the chest, I think he'll be fine to any of the rings. He would need to get near Cloud, who is faster and more physically adept;
12 year old Link couldn't even lift a plant, dude; he needed the Goron's Bracelet to lift a plant.

A plant.
Link doesn't even need to be near Cloud to damage him... You know? Because of arrows. Cloud cannot dodge arrows for crap either, in FFVll as wel.

Link is also faster than cloud due to the Pegasus boots.

Also, in the beginning of FFVll Cloud can easily be killed by a rat.

A Rat.

Game design oversights happen people. That was merely the game interfering, much like how Cloud gets a game over if he doesn't get out of the Power Plant in time.
The sign that is in MM clearly states that it is only because that Gorons sink in water that water is bad. If you are going to use the current version of items of Zelda with the whole magic armor argument, then you have to consider Gorons from TP.
2. Neither is Cloud

1. Not when Goron link is shielding
2. Have you seen how powerful Ganondorf is with his blade and how long it is? Yet it barely takes away 1/20 of his health.
5. So? If it hinders sword beams and spin attacks? How exactly would these abilities work? I mean, these aren't essential abilities at all to beat cloud.
You are also forgetting that Link has a shield that would easily block most of Clouds shield attacks.
6. I mean, in the game he is... He can literally take out all of his weapons out of hammer space within a millisecond. By your logic, Cloud would have to wait a longer time to actually use his Materia, as he has to actually say a long somewhat complicated spell(as proven by FF 4-5-6)
1.) This is a vicious cycle... I don't understand why you think Goron Link shielding is such an utter victory. "Hah, he defends and doesn't attack at all, that'll show'em!"
2.) Because Twilight Princess is easy.
5.) Considering he can't use any other type of Magic Attack and can only do the basic slash, since, y'know, aLttP, it severely limits his attacks.
6.) I you can blame game designs, so can I.

Link doesn't even need to be near Cloud to damage him... You know? Because of arrows. Cloud cannot dodge arrows for crap either, in FFVll as wel.

Link is also faster than cloud due to the Pegasus boots.

Also, in the beginning of FFVll Cloud can easily be killed by a rat.

A Rat.
1.) We're talking about crushing Cloud's skull, not a dinky little arrow.
2.) Touche.

3.) Ok.

I'm not talking about how long sephiroths sword is, I'm talking about its width...lol the sword is only two inches thick parrell wise and less than an inch thick side way wise:
sephiroth1.jpg

Type in google man gets impaled, regular humans have survived much worse.

The cane of byrna is to block the summons, which cloud wont be able to attack either, since he always disappears when he calls them. In every carnation it takes mere seconds to change out fits, in the animated series its explained an shows links bag is a reaslity warping device that shrinks all his equipment...noob.

What can cloud due against Links sand rod? Sand is small, and undeflectable, link can just command hand fulls of sand into clouds mouth and make him implode. How can cloud stop just that? let alone being smashed to death by a mountain sized rock. Wheres clouds sword? Link already bended it into a bow and tie with his strength enhancers.

I'm not talking about how long sephiroths sword is, I'm talking about its width...lol the sword is only two inches thick parrell wise and less than an inch thick side way wise:

Type in google man gets impaled, regular humans have survived much worse.

The cane of byrna is to block the summons, which cloud wont be able to attack either, since he always disappears when he calls them. In every carnation it takes mere seconds to change out fits, in the animated series its explained an shows links bag is a reaslity warping device that shrinks all his equipment...noob.

What can cloud due against Links sand rod? Sand is small, and undeflectable, link can just command hand fulls of sand into clouds mouth and make him implode. How can cloud stop just that? let alone being smashed to death by a mountain sized rock. Wheres clouds sword? Link already bended it into a bow and tie with his strength enhancers.
And it was in this moment, I realized that I spent 40 minutes arguing with somebody, who not only thought HW and the animated series was canon, but called me a noob. I can't believe I've actually wasted time on you. Hope you feel better knowing you, a 27 year old man, think you won an argument with me.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1.) This is a vicious cycle... I don't understand why you think Goron Link shielding is such an utter victory. "Hah, he defends and doesn't attack at all, that'll show'em!"
2.) Because Twilight Princess is easy.
5.) Considering he can't use any other type of Magic Attack and can only do the basic slash, since, y'know, aLttP, it severely limits his attacks.
6.) I you can blame game designs, so can I.
The point of shielding is to wear cloud out. Cloud eventually loses all of his MP.
2. What? This isn't even a real reason?
5. He doesn't need anything else to beat cloud. You know?
6. Except you are taking things out of context. Gorons can canonically live underwater. Deal with it. Link's hammer space has been his biggest trait since the beginning of gaming. It's a fact that this is one of links abilities, and it is even explained how his hammer space works in game, such as Twilight Princess with Midna.

1.) We're talking about crushing Cloud's skull, not a dinky little arrow.
2.) Touche.
Why do we need to crush Cloud's skull? Arrows pierce Cloud and can do sizable amounts of damage, as seen in FFVll. Arrows could easily kill cloud. And that's really all Link needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom