• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death battle Link vs Cloud Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should there be a round 2? Alot of fans are unsatisfied, even those who favored Link seems to say cloud was short handed, heres some people who made points for each side: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/73774568

People say its unfair to use composite link, since link is basically a god even without the tri force, as he can make composite combos like, putting on the giants mask or fierce deity mask then use the four swords to become four gods equipped with the 50 of his strength and durability rings, impervious mails and armor, intangible gear, invulnerable spells, and much more. Dispite that showing just how over powered link is compared to cloud, most want just one link, so since ocarina of time is links most iconic form, we can stick with that.

Gona have to agree with alot of the stuff that says link wins, since other than clouds sword as explained in the link gamefaq posters, cloud has zero strength feats and puts him at a 1 toner at best. Yet if we take a look at link from his weakest to strongest we can see hes lodes of times stronger than cloud:

12 year old Link can pull a 5 ton stone:
maxresdefault.jpg

Base link with no enhancers can push a 100 ton stone:
hqdefault.jpg

Silver Guantlets pushes 500 ton stones:
14_Ice11_Large.jpg

Links golden gauntlet lifting 1,000 Ton pillars:
15pg4g3.jpg

In the manga, isnt it true the strength of the golden gauntlets is said to be able to move mountain? So in this case link is essentially as strong as the hulk, who is in the 50 billion ton range...(or is it just hyperbole?)

Doesnt seem like it since link can flip the planet here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Te8JaWMP_E

While clouds greatest feat is only cutting some debris and as explained in gamefaq, cloud has no lifting/pulling/crushing/throwing feats in his entire movie/anime/game/spin-offs and is only in the 1 tonnage range which even a 12 year old link can be shown 5x physically stronger.

So on that note if link were to grab cloud anywhere on the body, link would break all his bones, if he manages to even grab the buster sword, the sheer brute strength link has can either pull the sword out of clouds hand or simply bend the buster sword into a pretzel.

So should a better upgraded version of link vs cloud on death battle be done? I mean look at superman vs goku 2, superman just walked through goku, could this be the case with a fully explained links powers? Because I combed through all the movies/anime/games/spinoffs of clouds feats, and it seems its true, cloud has no strength feats without his sword, and is a one trick pony. Take away both their swords and link can still kill cloud in a hundred different ways, how can cloud kill link without his sword?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They could do another version, but what is the real point if the outcome would be the same.

I want to see a Ganondorf Vs Sephiroth one personally.

How to you know how much those blocks way?

By looking at real stones weights:

And always leave yourself open to new ideas.  This huge boulder (it weighs one ton) ended up being a table in an outdoor living area we’re currently creating in Pasadena…and we didn’t even know we needed a table in this space. -

rock-table-1.jpg

http://www.pottedstore.com/tag/sunburst-decorative-rock/

Surely this laying flat 2 feet tall 1 ton stone, being smaller than young links 5 feet tall stone hes pulling can be calculated and estimated to. Cloud can slice the stone, but thats power from the sword, not physical strength with his hands. The buster sword only weighs around a 100 lbs, so I dont even see anything putting cloud in the 1 ton range, thats like maximum for him.

Looking back at the photo, it takes 5 full grown men with leveraged woods to tilt the 1 ton stone, link as a 12 year old kid is dragging a 5 ton stone almost effortlessly.

They could do another version, but what is the real point if the outcome would be the same.

I want to see a Ganondorf Vs Sephiroth one personally.

Yes but people are unsatisfied, because they didnt give cloud good gear...I dont see why cloud doesnt have all his materia, they cant get pass the most of links invulnerable enchantments anyway. Cloud has many weaknesses touched by death battle:

- Being unrational, rushes in blindingly doest think things through.
- Having no other weapon than swords
- Is suspect to being cut by a 2 inch thick sword and bleeding out
- Is not a solo fighter and relys on the team effort, an hasnt even solo'd just 5 bosses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yes but people are unsatisfied, because they didnt give cloud good gear...I dont see why cloud doesnt have all his materia, they cant get pass the most of links invulnerable enchantments anyway. Cloud has many weaknesses touched by death battle:

- Being unrational, rushes in blindingly doest think things through.
- Having no other weapon than swords
- Is suspect to being cut by a 2 inch thick sword and bleeding out
- Is not a solo fighter and relys on the team effort, an hasnt even solo'd just 5 bosses.
They could probably do a lot of their death battles better including the Link vs Cloud. I'd watch the updated version but I personally am not demanding they redo it.

They could probably do a lot of their death battles better including the Link vs Cloud. I'd watch the updated version but I personally am not demanding they redo it.

I think they should, because the web is filled with tons of blogs, forums ect of people saying cloud would win, in that same gamefaq link, theres another thread there that showed 1,000 votes and more than half voted for cloud, so obviously either the cloud fans are low balling link, bias or just dont know anything about links feats.

It should be either remastered or a round 2 for death battle, if they use full power cloud as a composite, then I dont see why link can't be a composite either since FF7 gameplay cant do alot of things in movie/manga, (like jumping 50+ feet and running faster than 5mph). and yet the movie/anime doesnt do alot of things in the game (like use materia via magic, summons ect) But I think ocarina of time has enough basis to beat a composite cloud, since link with all his inventory form all his games, mangas, (1980's-90's) animated series, 6 comic books, and more is pretty much unbeatable to even top tier people of marvel and dc...since link with the tri-force is reality warping thanos infinity gauntlet power level type.

Cloud was beatin by sora, and sora is one of the strongest video game characters ever, since he has multiple universes combined as his story, but if anyone can beat sora its a composite link:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/gym-leader-challenge-sora-vs-link-1758106/

That would be one titanic battle if they included all of links history of inventory/powers/stats.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think they should, because the web is filled with tons of blogs, forums ect of people saying cloud would win, in that same gamefaq link, theres another thread there that showed 1,000 votes and more than half voted for cloud, so obviously either the cloud fans are low balling link, bias or just dont know anything about links feats.

It should be either remastered or a round 2 for death battle, if they use full power cloud as a composite, then I dont see why link can't be a composite either since FF7 gameplay cant do alot of things in movie/manga, (like jumping 50+ feet and running faster than 5mph) and yet the movie/anime doesnt do alot of things in the game (like use materia via magic, summons ect). But I think ocarina of time has enough basis to beat a composite cloud, since link with all his inventory form all his games, mangas, (1980's-90's) animated series, 6 comic books, and more is pretty much unbeatable to even top tier people of marvel and dc...since link with the tri-force is reality warping thanos infinity gauntlet power level type.

Cloud was beatin by sora, and sora is one of the strongest video game characters ever, since he has multiple universes combined as his story, but if anyone can beat sora its a composite link:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/gym-leader-challenge-sora-vs-link-1758106/

That would be one titanic battle if they included all of links history of inventory/powers/stats.
I don't think the makers of Death Battle use this forum so if you wanted them to make another one you would need to speak to them directly or get your suggestion noticed. Maybe make a petition or something.

I don't think the makers of Death Battle use this forum so if you wanted them to make another one you would need to speak to them directly or get your suggestion noticed. Maybe make a petition or something.

No bigs, just was wondering why most people say cloud is vastly stronger and more powerful than link, if link could say somthing, I'm pretty sure he'd tell cloud:

Hyrule_Warriors_Classic_Link_Power_Gauntlets_Giant_Boulder_WVW69iappOULLEdm3A.jpg

Do you even lift bro?

Cloud only has his sword, take it away and what does he have? Link still can put a world of hurt on cloud without his swords:

Ocarina of times megaton hammer?
LegendofZeldaThe-OcarinaofTimeUV-34.jpg

Link is easily superhuman strength level, at base he can push/pull/drag/throw 100 tons with his bare hands, and one shot boulders with his hammer.

What can cloud do without his sword? Is he really faster than link? All you hear is cloud can bullet time and and is shown on advent children move relatively fast, they even down play link and say Bullets > Arrows...yet what about lasers, isnt lasers FTL? I wouldnt say that, but link is relatively fast to dodge them:

N64_8-03.bmp

A composite cloud is sonic speeds, but link can get to that speed as well in the manga:
4975813-3952924763-34087.jpg

Plus the:

- Pegasus boots x roc feather (increases speed and jumping)
- Bunny hood (increases speed and agility)
- Pegasus seeds (increases speed)
- Jump spell (lets link jump 30+ feet)
- Dodges arrows and lasers
- Can speed blitz in the manga
- Time slow or speed up with the ocarina

So link can be even faster if both are composite.

Last edited:
Manga isn't exactly canon, same with Hyrule Warriors.

I get it sucks to admit, but both Cloud and Sora are stronger than Link, composite or not. Link is really strong, but Sora has been shown to be able to cut through buildings with a single swing. If Link used his super strength you claim he has to throw a 10,000 ton pillar, Sora could cut it clean in two.

Manga isn't exactly canon, same with Hyrule Warriors.

I get it sucks to admit, but both Cloud and Sora are stronger than Link, composite or not. Link is really strong, but Sora has been shown to be able to cut through buildings with a single swing. If Link used his super strength you claim he has to throw a 10,000 ton pillar, Sora could cut it clean in two.

We arent talking about sword strength, we are talking about (weapon-less) hand to hand strength, since the web is litered with this jazz that link is a farm boy with no strength feats, and cloud can some how lift something pass 1 ton, can you show me him lifting/pulling/pushing/throwing something above 1 ton?

There is absolutely no way Link would touch Cloud in his prime. Wouldn't even be close. Cloud survives this:

And this:
https://youtu.be/9xotiaPXTpI?t=392

Dude would straight up shred Link into pieces in his sleep.

Also, that death battle crap is garbage, Masterchief beating Doom guy? LOL!!!! What a joke! Doom guy single handedly destroyed all of hell by himself. Just a little tidbit.
MiuQypq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom