• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death battle Link vs Cloud Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have already determined that Link is stronger, faster, more intelligent, and has way more versatility than Cloud.

Plus... Lol no. Terra can utterly annihilate Cloud, no question about it.

Sora would annihilate Cloud as well.

Exactly, we showed links physical strength with all his lifting/pulling/smashing/throwing feats...it remains dormant and unchallenged.

The rest are rants. Not facts.

We were even figuring out the types of rocks the different blocks were made of in the shoutbox earlier. That is how serious we are.
Then why are they all categorized as the same weight by him instead of having even a little bit of variety? Eg;
5 tons
10 tons
100 tons
1000 tons

He hasn't once yet given an estimate like this. He even said that in aLttP, Link could lift a 2x2 rock easily with his raw power, but it's only after using the Power Glove, and even then, the rocks in the Dark World have to definitely weigh more.

We were even figuring out the types of rocks the different blocks were made of in the shoutbox earlier. That is how serious we are.

Well obviously he wont ever get it, as he honestly thought a 100 ton rock looks like a 1,000 ton rock...which was a no brainer.

Insults, nice. Your two days of experience on the forums really shows.

This is like the 10th time you said I insulted you, I only did it once since you kept saying that I was, what are you some type of thin skinned care bear? This is what you said:
Power Bracelets, and this is about 100 tons compared to a real person:
article-1333403-0C3FAC69000005DC-473_634x421.jpg

That is muchhhhh bigger than the boulder Link is lifting.

and this is what I showed:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ied-mountainside-power-Icelandic-volcano.html

A 100 tons would be more in the lines of that smaller rock next to the person, which in most games is the size difference a base link pushes around or lifts with the power bracelet. Adult link in ocarina of time moves around 100s of those type of sized blocks to solve puzzles.

Which again, its not our fault that you guys said cloud is stronger and have nothing to show for. And its not our fault that cloud (not to be mixed up with power from his sword) is physically a weakling compared to link.

Care to explain how you know the weight of rocks in Zelda?

Size comparison to real rocks being mentioned weighed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is like the 10th time you said I insulted you, I only did it once since you kept saying that I was, what are you some type of thin skinned care bear? This is what you said:

and this is what I showed:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ied-mountainside-power-Icelandic-volcano.html

A 100 tons would be more in the lines of that smaller rock next to the person, which in most games is the size difference a base link pushes around or lifts with the power bracelet. Adult link in ocarina of time moves around 100s of those type of sized blocks to solve puzzles.

Which again, its not our fault that you guys said cloud is stronger and have nothing to show for. And its not our fault that cloud (not to be mixed up with power from his sword) is physically a weakling compared to link.
Here's the hilarious part; you tell us we're up playing Cloud, but it's pretty damn clear you're up playing Link as well. How about the times that Link can't lift a damn plant without help? Are you going to explain that, or are you just going to ignore it and say we're downplaying Link again? lol

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire

Size comparison to real rocks being mentioned weighed.

How do you know they're the same material. so far all I've seen is mentioning that they're all stone, but what kind? Granite? Marble? Lime Stone?

How do you know they're the same material. so far all I've seen is mentioning that they're all stone, but what kind? Granite? Marble? Lime Stone?

Most rocks vary, but this isnt a vast margin of error where you will be off by hundreds of pounds, no rock out weighs another rock in the same dimensions by that type of weight, it would classified as a new element if it did, at best they are off by a few kilos, and death battle ellaberated on it, there is a thing called scientific estimations which prove in various jobs and occupations like construction, ect to be accurate...
http://www.delawarequarries.com/landscape/boulders/boulderwt.html

What rules?

You know...like immunity's? That if one has a equipment rendering him immune to fire, then his opponents fire is now useless?
You know...that a physically weaker guy cannot beat a physically stronger guy in a specific challenge, so it forbade's the weaker beating the stronger?

Like chess, a pawn cannot move 5 spaces like a queen, a pawn cant move backwards like a queen, a pawn cant move diagonal like a queen? If a pawn is lined up withsomething blocking his way, he cannot move....these are the rules.

Link has gear combos which are immune to 90% of clouds attacks.
Cloud is not immune to 90% of what link can do.

Hence:

Queen >>> Pawn
Link >>> Cloud

Here's the hilarious part; you tell us we're up playing Cloud, but it's pretty damn clear you're up playing Link as well. How about the times that Link can't lift a damn plant without help? Are you going to explain that, or are you just going to ignore it and say we're downplaying Link again? lol

Up-playing?
Name one other physical weapon cloud has besides swords?
Link has more than one weapon other than swords?

Until you name these weapons only you cloud supporters think exist, then I rest my case. Because there is no up-playing, there is only facts.

Plants? How about the time superman cant open a door with a key in superman 64? This is trivial since didnt I show a link up rooting a plant? In reality Its obvious you havent done a single days of labor in your life...not only do landscapers use tools to dig out weeds because they wanna get the root out so it doesnt grow back, but they need them because a weed the size of your hand is rooted so well that its almost physically impossible to lift out intact. Go try it your self, find a bush as big as kid link trying to pull out and see if you can uproot it, I bet you my bottom dollar you cant...a weed the size of your hand needs this tool to up root for leverage:
314K7J4HRVL._SX355_.jpg

Without it you'd struggle or only break the tip...some plant roots run so deep not even the strongest man on the planet can pull them out.

And are you kidding me? Show me where this is a problem for adult link? Because regardless, link kid link has pushed 5+ ton objects as shown, just because superman struggles with the casual building here and there in the animated series, comics or movie, doesnt mean that takes away his base or full potential.

In that same content, (a 12 year old link could struggle with plant) but that doesnt mean you have anything to match that link lifted, 10 tons, 100 tons, 1,000 tons, 20,000 tons...again not our fault you cant show jack for cloud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Please attempt to keep this thread civil or it will locked. While it's okay to take this topic in a serious manner, at least try to remain respectful to each other.

I have merged some posts together. If your post is the most recent in the thread, edit it instead of creating a new one if you have more to add.

I'll put this as a reminder, I am locking this thread for now to clean it up.

There are many double posts and even up to 5 posts in a row by the same user since this was posted. Please edit your posts rather than posting multiple in a row.

Also, please don't post off topic things here.

Ok, I am going to open this one up again now. Please keep the discussion civil, and on-topic guys.

I'll put this as a reminder, I am locking this thread for now to clean it up.

There are many double posts and even up to 5 posts in a row by the same user since this was posted. Please edit your posts rather than posting multiple in a row.

Also, please don't post off topic things here.

Ok, I am going to open this one up again now. Please keep the discussion civil, and on-topic guys.

Hey thanks Jimmu...

Check this out, I find this interesting:

Super Nova is a powerful attack used by Safer∙Sephiroth. Its animation in the original Japanese version was short and it didn't deal fractional damage, instead dealing damage in the ~2000 range...The extended version of Super Nova inflicts massive damage and status effects, but cannot actually kill a target as it does
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Supernova_(ability)

Thats a interesting fact.

Everything death battle mentioned was accurate to their time line since there was no timeline at the time to dismiss cannon or non-canon properties, since the book was only created in 2013:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Hyrule_Historia

Death battle came out in 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o2SV6ynJYQ

Hence at the time all carnations counted as a composite, from animated, to manga ect, only now it was sub-divided so for their era they were right, hence most who call them names and ignorance doesnt apply. Its not as if they gave link more than 10 items anyway. and gave cloud almost everything canonically.

I honestly don't even see how this is a competition. Link's raw strength and agility puts him at an enormous advantage over anyone. Once boosted by items such as pegasus boots, gauntlets, masks, etc, there's no way anyone could beat him. Unlike Cloud, who starts out physically weak and levels up, Link's only changes were additions to his arsenal and magical knowledge.

With the magnetic gloves, Link could rip Cloud's sword from his hands without even coming near him. As for Cloud's magic, simply defending for a few minutes will quickly exhaust Cloud's magic energy, while Link can go on forever with Chateau Romani. Using Din's fire, elemental arrows, spin attack shockwave, Link can beat him from a distance. As for swordsmanship, Link has been shown to be able to parry and dodge any attacks thrown at him, and his speed allows him to cut in-between his foe's attacks.

On top of that, Link can slow time for his foes with Song of Time Inverted, teleport with Song of Soaring and other songs, summon storms and put people to sleep just by playing music.

Most of this is just the Hero of Time's arsenal, through the other games, Link has many, many, many other weapons and enchanted items that would put Cloud to shame.

Hilarious how link can set the mood from sunny scene to thunder storm holocaust, link is actually more like thor than I thought .

Last edited:

Feverish

Source of stink
Hey thanks Jimmu...

Check this out, I find this interesting:

Super Nova is a powerful attack used by Safer∙Sephiroth. Its animation in the original Japanese version was short and it didn't deal fractional damage, instead dealing damage in the ~2000 range...The extended version of Super Nova inflicts massive damage and status effects, but cannot actually kill a target as it does
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Supernova_(ability)

Thats a interesting fact.
I'm sure slapping 'safer' on someone's name will make their attacks 'safer.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom