• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dealing with pity parties

How do you deal with people that want your pity

• I ignore them

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I tell them to go away

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

2018 and we're still dealing with a pity party epidemic the likes not even Rome saw way back when.
Years ago I could deal with people needing a little bit of pity here and there but now I am at my wits end.

What kind of person are you if you constantly need to seek pity, or perhaps you're partners that constantly feel the need to feed off one another's pity.

It's getting to the point where I'll flat out ignore people if they try to seek pity from me, that or I'll tell them to **** off which of course back fires because then I am seen as an evil monster.

So now I reach out to you, the forum dweller, how do you deal with these pity absorbing rejects?

People who genuinely deserve pity are usually the types who never ask for it or have had terrible things happen to them which were beyond their control that they can't fix, like the death of someone close or a life changing accident.

Those who seek it because of their own dumb social actions who want to be seen as the victim when most likely all parties are in the wrong really get my back up. I'll not entertain active seekers of pity for their own misdeeds.

Ninja

Well well well
Sometimes the pity is warranted, sometimes it's just for attention. I play my actions accordingly however I'll admit more often than not I enjoy hearing people out and giving my input on their situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom