• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dead Soldier

Kybyrian

Never noticed it before, even though I've played through Ocarina of Time quite a few times. Interesting.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
Oh, THAT guy! I remember that. The first time I went through OoT I didn't know where the temple was very well, so I zoomed through all of castle town looking for it. Lol. I forgot about him after beating the game way back when.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I have yes. but to be honest...
i only found it out like when i replayed OOT the 5th time or something.
yes a rare discovery indeed :D

anyway for those who are curious:
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=gDUR57se8xI

That's ****ing cool. One thing I didn't know about OoT. I never bothered to check back there at that time. They even added in a little extra animation to him dying. Seems out of place.

I've played through OoT, at least partially through anyway, several times, and I only noticed it during my current playthrough.

It was interesting, and a bit sad.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I found that when I was randomly in the back alley, buying Bombchus or something like that, and I found this guy. I was in a "What the heck!" moment.

Master94

...I come back someday.
yes, i saw him there, when i was playing that game trough first time and i didn't konw where the temle of time was, so i goed to back alley and that thing was there.

K

Karashimu

Ocarina of Time - The Soldier Dies

Glitch(?) I found in Ocarina of Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgXFknbDXuU
Let's head to the back alleyway in Ocarina of Time before Zelda and Impa flee from Ganondorf and leave behind the Ocarina. Now, let's watch this again... in slow motion. Okay, now we've seen there is apparently a guard that loads then suddenly disappears. Now, let's go collect the Three Medallions and get the Ocarina of Time, then head back to where we witnessed this "ghost" solider....

Watch here.
This little scene has eluded many Ocarina of Time players. In fact, I missed this about the first ten times I played through Ocarina of Time. After the scene where Zelda and Impa flee Ganondorf's pursuit, I would always head straight to the Temple of Time to grab the Master Sword. If you take the time to head to the Back Alley before you go to the Temple of Time, you'll come across this poor soldier once more.... it seems he is dying, but didn't we witness him before for a split second?

Your thoughts? Was this poor soldier just a ghost lingering to warn Link of Ganondorf's tyranny, or was the game simply being glitchy?

i've seen a thread of this beofre. But I didn't see him, even in this video.
I wonder.......You suggested he may be al ingering spirit wanting to warn link of ganondorf...Which means he must have ded VERY RECENTLY. as in, up at the castle mere minutes before the cut scene with ganondorf, impa, and zelda. which means that he must have been oneo f the ifrst guards killed, right?

O

Ocarina Song

I saw this when I played this. I think it's just a glitch, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom