• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dead pixels on Nintendo Switch

My screen is scratch and dead pixel free, but I am victim to the left joy-con connection issues.

No issues thus far, but like others are reporting there are all type of hardware issues out there. Honestly modern Nintendo hardware is pretty poorly designed. How many year gap did they have to fix the 3ds rubbing screen issue for the NEW 3DS? Never happened, same issue. I don't have much faith in Nintendo tbh, outside making some great first party games.

Tompatuk

Living the dream
That issue with the charging point being underneath meaning you can't charge and use the kick stand is a pretty bad design flaw.

#nintendoglitch...

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
just seen this on the BBC website, but I've not heard or read about it anywhere else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39192785

Any of you folks experienced issues?

Hardware flaws with launch systems happens no matter what the system is. The PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, all had a variety of issues at launch. Some of which were bricked consoles. These are in the minority however, and if huge problems ensue, then you can take the Switch back to your retailer and get it replaced for free. So any dead pixels, scratching, busted Switches.... Those just happen completely by chance, and happen with any video game console, or even electronic device. These are extremely rare of happening. Like, probably 1/100,000 of a chance.

The Joycon desyncing issue, however, is a legitimate, widespread problem that I hope get fixed. Because of this, I am glad I do not have the Switch yet, so perhaps it can be fixed for the next shipment.

I was surprised to read so many horror stories about the Switch, as my system has performed flawlessly so far. I've have literally zero issues at all - no left joycon desyncing, not audio/video defects, no dead pixels, and everything is very sturdy and durable. Now that I've gotten used to the controller(s), I'm really loving the system so far - taking it to campus with me and playing BotW really sold me on the portability aspect.

Luckily, if the preliminary reports are to be believed, it isn't making an impact in the sales department just yet. It seems to be breaking personal records for Nintendo on quite a few fronts.

Tompatuk

Living the dream
That's what I mean. Everyone I know that got a switch says they have been great. I've not heard of it anywhere but I suppose bad news sells better than good news

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom