• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Day/night Cycle

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Time passes when you're sailing. It won't pass when you've approached certain islands, and until you leave that square it won't start running again. Not all the islands go through this however, only ones with events (Forsaken Fortress, Dragonroost, Outset, Windfall, etc.). Time will keep running on other islands or out-crops.

... I found this out the other day trying to catch Windfall at daybreak. Missed it faffing around.

EDT: Correcting myself

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It passes when sailing, but will not pass when you're on an "town-island" square. This includes the ocean near the town-island.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
Time passes as you're sailing as the others here have said.

What I do when I don't want to sail around for 10 minutes for the time to pass and be night or day is use the Wind Waker and conduct the Song of Passing (I think that's what it's called.). Makes things go by soooooo much faster ;) It's also quite useful when looking for certain things or avoiding certain things.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Later on, or well since you have the wind waker already, now you can learn the melody to change day/night on islands. So you don't have to sail around if you wanna do something at night. The guy who teaches you is on Windfall, if you didnt know.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think everyone pretty much covered it here but it would be nice to have shifts from day to night without having to leave or use the Wind Waker.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
^ I agree JustaCoolguy, but with how different islands such as Windfall are at night, it would be very difficult to just have the characters get up and waltz away to their night position and ruin some of the mystery (the pictobox guy's sidequest).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom