• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [Day 5] Zelda an Orcarana of Time as Remembered by Someone Who Only Played a Little Bit of it Well Over a Decade Ago Mafia

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
7: Viral Maze - Set Up solving at least
What does this mean.

I work nights this set but im off the next 3 days before I start on days again so my schedule will make more sense.
Im just gonna **** and sleep, I'll post more in like 6 hours.
I refuse to post sleep deprived.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
are Link (who is dead)
*Zelda (Boy)
I know this might be a bit about Link's name being mistaken for Zelda but I think we can't jump conclusions and assume it was Young Link. This game is based on Rag's memory, and she might've misassumed Young Zelda was a boy for the longest time and referencing it.

Looking at the vote count at eod1 Mikey looks pretty good. Since I don't see him bussing that hard. The one thing against him is KillJoy not self pressing on Mikey but that was probably just KillJoy getting flustered.
I overall agree, but I'm still not 100% sold at Mikey. He said he was willing to bus during Fantasy Mafia, and considering how we got in such a fragile position I wouldn't be too surprised if he did that to make a point against using meta on him here.

The one weird thing I remember from him is him saying Jinjo is strong so he would keep her around if he were scum. Which seems counterintuitive especially when she was sussing him.
Hey but that's also the fun part of being scum right. Love the battle of wits.

Hey Minish, were you around EoD?

What are your current thoughts on numbers
Pretty neutral. He seems to be trying to solve but still nothing too alignment indicative. I feel like there's some friction going between you both that might be TvsT but I don't wanna assume it too soon.

Entering speculation territory, he seemed to have hinted at being watched by someone, so I'm assuming we might have something like a semi-loud tracker? Said tracker doesn't seem to have noticed anything weird, so I'm assuming he's cleared? It requires us to believe that someone really targeted him like this though.

8: SMS - Creeper
Well I guess that's SMS then
Do you have any idea what character he might be

Ex I'm leaning towards scum but not quite sure yet
Can you elaborate?

9: Exlight - slight town lean ATM, not from his actions though
If not for my actions then why?

If you could talk 1-on-1 with another player, no interruptions, who would it be and why? Also, if you could watch one of these convos, which 2 players would you want to see and why?
uuh, I'd like to talk 1-on-1 with Kirino probably
and I'd like to watch Viral and Minish or Kirino and Minish

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Assuming Moe is town, Killjoy not voting Moe to save himself makes me think there was some miscommunication in the scum team or that it was a planned bussing. The former makes me wonder about people that weren't around EoD, the latter makes me think of one scum between either Kirino or Viral doing it early to gain towncred

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Finally, a couple of questions to everyone: If you could talk 1-on-1 with another player, no interruptions, who would it be and why? Also, if you could watch one of these convos, which 2 players would you want to see and why?
Let's not answer this. I feel like he wants to use our answers against us. Reminds me of Jojo's trouble communicating mafia where someone said "Let's say who we'd kill if we were scum" and they ended up flipping red.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Did Mikey sit on his RVS all phase?

Vote: SMS

we should probably place some votes early on and in case we get redirected into someone like last Phase
at least until the first votecount shows up

Or maybe somebody jumped the gun thinking they'd advance day to a lynch on the way to day 2 but I feel like Rag would have worded such an ability that it would at least imply that wouldn't happen.
Jinjo had highlighted this before and I think it makes sense. If that had worked, Viral would've died.

I'd also like to point out that the votes started being redirected into Number after D2 started and after Jinjo voted for them. So one of these might've been the trigger.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
To clear something up
Bussing isnt a meta aspect
It's literally just bad play 99% of the time and I refuse to bus on principle because I believe the optimal way to play mafia has little room for bussing
If I'm trying to win I'm killing townies, that's the best way to win
Rheres none of this "hes intentionally changing up his meta" bullcrap going on, you should town read me for voting killjoy from the very first post and never letting up, as I'm sure you should town read anyone else for doing the same thing

If wolves bussed they just gave town an extra day to solve and none of them are particularly towny nor using their town cred to push an agenda so in this instance it would legit be playing against your wincon rofl

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Let's not answer this. I feel like he wants to use our answers against us. Reminds me of Jojo's trouble communicating mafia where someone said "Let's say who we'd kill if we were scum" and they ended up flipping red.
In what way would this use your answers against you? I'm asking because I think it would benefit town to have and see a conversation that continues through the night phase in thread, and I have the ability to allow that to happen. I'm asking this question because it allows a relatively fair consensus if everyone shares input. If it's preferred not to share, I'll use my best judgement.

Bolded a few I'm interested in.

First, you're confirming that you know SMS saw you last night at some point?

Second, how do you actually feel about Mikey? Do you town read him or just recognize that he's pushing hard to be town read?

Third, clarify Viral.

Fourth, explain reads on Kirino and Reki.

He was named, yes. To answer Ex's question about character, I'm actually in Rag's boat of having only played the game a small amount over a decade ago. I was told he popped up, stared me down, then left. Somebody more familiar with the game might have a better idea on character. I initially didn't name him because I thought maybe tracker. Given his claim I thought maybe Tri force thief. I made a couple of allusions to it to see if he'd offer more himself but with his apparent non town claim and the expectation that it'll probably repeat with another target I don't see a reason to protect the information.

I recognize the hard push. For an apparent more experienced player I find it a little suspect and expect a reason to present itself at some point. The baseline thought would be he fake claimed miller and is worried about being lynched to resolve him through death. This might have further implications of being scum, self survivor, or simply regretful townie. After work I'm going to deep dive the timing of the KJ wagon because I don't believe just being on it early is subsequent reason to town read someone, especially when they didn't actually sell the wagon through the course of the day.

Viral and Kirino are gut reactions to a quick ISO since I didn't have strong reactions to them. This is differing from Min who I literally had no reaction in either direction on. I just couldn't really recall their posts. Viral is probably worded poorly but looking back through their posts they seem more mechanics focused than anything. Somebody that knows the meta better might know if that is a leaning feature for them but in general I'm considering it NAI. Kirino's posts just felt genuine and in a town progressing manner. Again these are just hot takes off of an ISO skim though.

Reiki has made some posts I feel hit a little off. Like with Ex and the framing reference. Right after mentioning seeing Jinjo as a good framing target finds it weird that Ex would bring that up but then follows it up with but it's kind of a good thing because Ex did it in his third post while ignoring that Ex's first three posts were a rapid fire triple, meaning he did mention it first thing today just not the very first thing today. Just feels kinda like it was thrown out there to see if it would get nibbles but was immediately walked back.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Ex isn't a priority as claiming will kill them, they're self resolving
What are your current thoughts on numbers

Numbers doesn't seem too scummy to me. Most of the games I've played with him have been nontraditional games so it's hard to tell how he plays under traditional circumstances. But I don't get the sense that he's working with anyone else and he seems like he's trying to be helpful from what I recall. Also the redirection of votes onto him seems weird. If someone else did it, it seems more likely to be scum because that's a pretty weird power to pop off on someone that early. And if it's part of his role that seems less likely to be a scum role to me.

I think Chevy is almost certainly town at this point. I also agree that Moe looks good for having pushed Killjoy, even if I can't shake the possibility that he's intentionally changing up his meta.

I'm not sure what the point of SMS claiming was, and his description of his wincon was vague. I could imagine a scenario where his use of the triforce is different or his wincon being more anti-town than he’s letting on. I suppose he could also be scum, but I’m not sure why he’d randomly claim 3P in that case.

I do think that Mikey is one to intentionally change up his meta. That's part of why I voted him d1. But this is one thing I don't think he would do. I think he would bus if it were like down to the wire and he had reason to. I don't think he would bus from the start and on d1.

Finally, a couple of questions to everyone: If you could talk 1-on-1 with another player, no interruptions, who would it be and why? Also, if you could watch one of these convos, which 2 players would you want to see and why?

Hmm, for the 1 on 1 maybe Ex? Not feeling like I'm getting his mindset as well as usual.

For watching convos maybe Viral and Reki. They're two I'm mostly unfamiliar with their gameplay so having an isolated interaction between them might be helpful. Especially since they're both coming under some suspicion.

Zelda (Boy)
I know this might be a bit about Link's name being mistaken for Zelda but I think we can't jump conclusions and assume it was Young Link. This game is based on Rag's memory, and she might've misassumed Young Zelda was a boy for the longest time and referencing it.

Nah I'm pretty confident thinking it was Link from the rest of the post. Her role was Hero and it said that it was awkward that they died because they hadn't even made it to the Deku Tree so there would have to be some other half elf boy sent in. That's all referencing Link.

I overall agree, but I'm still not 100% sold at Mikey. He said he was willing to bus during Fantasy Mafia, and considering how we got in such a fragile position I wouldn't be too surprised if he did that to make a point against using meta on him here.

Already kinda replied to Kirino with this, but I'll reply again here. I do think Mikey has the ability to bus and would in certain situations. But he wouldn't sacrifice a scumbud d1 when he didn't need to by bussing that hard imo.

Hey Minish, were you around EoD?

I wasn't around for the exact eod but I was like 30 min (?) before it. Didn't see things going in any crazy direction at that point and was content with the wagons so I went to sleep because I was very tired.

This question doesn't really seem like it could be manipulative like that to me at least. Unless I'm missing something it seems like getting input on an action.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
the kill on jinjo is clearly to frame me though
I don't like the WIFOM here.

1-1 with Mikey. He leans town, but he's cagey.
What about you? Which two and which conversation?

Viral is probably worded poorly but looking back through their posts they seem more mechanics focused than anything.
NAI
I kept my suspicions of Killjoy to myself, and pursued Mikey since there was something to be gained from Mikey, and nothing from KJ at that moment.

Assuming Moe is town, Killjoy not voting Moe to save himself makes me think there was some miscommunication in the scum team or that it was a planned bussing. The former makes me wonder about people that weren't around EoD, the latter makes me think of one scum between either Kirino or Viral doing it early to gain towncred
Is it contingent on a Mikey lynch, like you proposed EOD yesterday? Or do you plan on trusting Mikey now at face value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom