• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Darunia is Younger Gor Coron?

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Now I was thinking. There is Darunia, who is the leader of the Goron's in Oot and Gor Coron who is the first Goron elder that you meet in TP. I was thinking: could they be the same person?

Now I've found a lot of things that say yes to that, and a lot of things that say no.
For example, there is a tatoo on both of Darunia's arms that Gor Coron also has. The only difference is that they are in different places on their arms. That could mean that they hold the same spot as leader of the Gorons but are not the same person.
I'm pretty sure that you have to be the strongest Goron to be leader and Darunia was. Another example is that in TP, it's said that Gor Coron was a champion sumo wrestler and used to be the patriarch of the Gorons just like Darunia. That says that they are the same person.

I also took physical similarities and differences into account. They both have an extra large stomach. (All gorons do but they have much bigger ones.) Also, Gor Coron has a tatoo on his stomach that Darunia doesn't have.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I don't think that they are the same person. First of all, why would Darunia need to hide his name? Second, I always saw it as if there were a few hundred years between OoT and TP, which would probably be too long for them to be the same. Also, Gor Coron is of a far smaller stature than Darunia.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I personally don't believe that they are the same person, but it's possible. You can make also a convincing argument that they are. Also, I'm pretty sure gorons live a long time and Gor Coron is pretty old. Also, I think if they are the same person, then Darunia was his name as patriarch and Gor Coron is his name as Goron elder.

Last edited:
I don't see how, Darunia was a sage. And there are completely different sages in TP. That means the OoT sages died or were somehow banished. If they were the same person Durunia maybe lost his sage(ness?) and took a new, mortal form.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't think he could live 100+ years, even if he is a Sage. (Rauru is different, as he might not have a physical form, and was set to wait for the Hero of Time.) Plus, he may have not even become a sage on the CT. And if he did, he'd be with the Sages. So, with all that, no. Not a bad theory, but it's impossible.

I don't see how, Darunia was a sage. And there are completely different sages in TP. That means the OoT sages died or were somehow banished. If they were the same person Durunia maybe lost his sage(ness?) and took a new, mortal form.

darunia was a sage in the adult timeline, there is no proof to say that darunia became a sage or not in the child timeline where TP takes place

I dont think they are the same person, imao, there are no real proofs to support it

i never really thought they were the same. different names and different looks is enough for me to think their different guys.
also, Darunia had a son in OoT didn't he? where is he in TP?
maybe Gor Coron is Darunia's grandson

Squirrel

The Rodent King
i never really thought they were the same. different names and different looks is enough for me to think their different guys.
also, Darunia had a son in OoT didn't he? where is he in TP?
maybe Gor Coron is Darunia's grandson

Actually, this makes more sense. There's no evidence to support that Darunia and Gor Coron are the same person and there's also no evidence that Gor Coron is his son or grandson. Maybe Gor Coron is actually Darunia's son. They have a bit of a resemblance (keep in mind that Gor Coron is much older than Darunia so they would look a bit different). And maybe Darbus is Darunia's grandson. That would be cool. Again, there's no evidence to support any of this.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
All of the sages (besides Zelda) are dead.
Uh, that's a waaaaaay different Zelda. . . but the Sages aren't dead, they're just taking on a more, spiritual form. And Kotake-and-Koume? Darunia's son was named Link if you remember. . . .

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
The only way the Sages could die is (I assume) from old age. I don't think the Sages in OoT are the same Sages in TP. I think there would've been some hint that they were the same. Like some recollection of the last time Link saved Hyrule. How did we even focus on the sages? I thought we were focussing on Darunia/Gor Coron? With that out of the way, I don't think they're the same people if they were the same people then Gor Coron would be MUCH older. Hundreds of years older, in fact.

There's still nothing that says that that much time has passed from OoT to TP.

we have to assume that some amount of time would have past. TP hyrule is covered in ruins, and the old kakariko village is hidden away and (for the most part) forgotten. its kinda doubtful that any time under 100 yrs separates OoT to TP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom