• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Darksiders III

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Seeing as how we used to have Darksiders Dungeon, it might be worth mentioning that Darksider III released today. I've never played a Darksiders game, but I've heard they play like Zelda games in a way.

If we have any fans on the games here, are you buying it? If you buy it, maybe share your thoughts as you play. How would you say the game compares to others in the series? Is this the direction you wanted Darksiders to go? (From what I've glanced over it hasn't been given an openworld yet)

I didn't like the first game and never played the second game.

As far as Darksiders 3 goes, I just used my eyes; it looked crap and it apparantly is crap. Shocking.

I think the series is unique as a concept with having a different character for each game each happening around the same time but... the mentality of it has never been for me which isn't helped much by the quality of the series.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Enjoyed the first Darksiders, and in all honesty rates as one of my better games, zelda like but not entirely zeldarish, DS2 was absolute ass, it tried having multiple worlds with dungeons in each and fell far short of it only the first "level" is any good and even then it's a bit odd, the character models were borked to hell n back and looked like someone let a lemon go at clay for them all.

Hoping Darksiders 3 is good but i think i'd rather wait before getting it just to be safe that and incase of DLC shortages

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I liked Darksiders 1. Didn't like 2. I didn't understand what even went on in that one and it ended with a really underwhelming boss fight I wasn't even aware was the final boss.

It has been so long since then that I no longer care about the series. 3 looks like crap even though it has released a generation later and after all this time.

I also heard 3 plays more like Dark Souls and doesn't borrow from Zelda anymore like the other two clearly did.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I liked Darksiders 1. Didn't like 2. I didn't understand what even went on in that one and it ended with a really underwhelming boss fight I wasn't even aware was the final boss.

It has been so long since then that I no longer care about the series. 3 looks like crap even though it has released a generation later and after all this time.

I also heard 3 plays more like Dark Souls and doesn't borrow from Zelda anymore like the other two clearly did.

Plot of two was reheheheheally lack luster, it was basically "death has the souls of his dead brethren in his chest and it's a quest to revive them or mankind" was the whole plot, it then threw in a really bad antagonist who was literally a bad battle.

Also i wish we could stop getting Dark Soulianesk games, Dark Souls hit it's niche and started falling flat on it's face relying on popularity anything copying it just looks kinda crap now

Reactions: Dio

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I’m a fan of the series. As others have said the Zelda-like nature of the first game is what hooked me and the dungeons were the best Zelda-like dungeons in a while. Darksiders 2 was a bit too RPG-ish for my liking, but it still retained the dungeons and combat from the first game and I grew to enjoy it over time.

I preordered 3 back in August even though preordering things these days is a really stupid thing to do and started downloading it before I left for work this morning. Hoping it’ll be ready to try out when I get home.

I have no interest in Darksiders III until it goes on sale for $10 or less.

I played about three hours of the first game and couldn't get into it. The first boss was kinda cool with having to hurl cars back at him, but then the game got repetitive. It was alternating between hacking and slashing and climbing vines. I might give it a go another time, but it's not a priority.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm interested in it.

I've gone through a number of reviews for the game on Steam and so many of them referred to the game's increased difficulty and similarities to Dark Souls as negatives. Since I'm a masochist and I have a perpetual half-chub for Souls-like games, I'll probably pick it up next paycheck. And since I'm a cool PC gamer, I'm going to snag it for a cool 20% off.

Kirino

Tatakae
I've played Darksiders I and II, and enjoyed both. Breaking with apparent popular opinion, I actually had much more fun with II, it being one of the few games for which I've bothered to get every trophy. It's been long enough that I don't entirely remember them, but I recall the second one being much more open, expansive, and fleshed-out, and while someone above complained about the RPG elements, I adored them and thought they really added to the game.

As for Darksiders III, I don't really play video games as much as I used to, and while I was interested in it when it was first announced, I'd pretty much completely forgotten about it. The combat seemed somewhat boring to me when I watched the initial gameplay videos, and the Metacritic score doesn't look very encouraging. I might end up getting it sometime if the price drops, but it's not a priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom