• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Darksiders II Wii U Launch

Kazumi

chagy
So, I'm sure by now even the most hardcore Zelda fans here have at least heard of Darksiders II. If you didn't know, Darksiders II is going to be on the Wii U. It was announced at E3 2011 as being one of the big confirmed 3rd party games. I'm not exactly 100% sure that it's going to be a launch title for the Wii U, but assuming for a moment that it is, do you think that it will make a good launch title? Why/why not? Will Darksiders II at launch make you buy a Wii U when it launches later this year?

Personally, I think that Darksiders II makes an excellent launch title. The first Darksiders was quite a high profile release, and was met with critical success. If you haven't played it, Darksiders is quite a bit like Zelda but with a crazy badass who kills crazy monsters. It has similar combat and items in a lot of ways. I think that Darksiders II will not only fill the "high profile release" part of the Wii U's launch, but it will also satisfy Zelda fans looking for a Zelda game on their new console. I know that in the event that Darksiders II is a launch title, and in the event that I decide to buy a Wii U on or near launch, this will definitely be a title that I get (unless something better comes up). What about all of you?

I'm pretty sure the representative from Vigil Games during the E3 2011 third party video stated that Darksiders II would be available at launch. Darksiders II is not a game that would compel me to go out and buy a new system, however, I definitely have my eye on it as aside from God of War, there aren't too many games where you get to kill crazy monsters as crazy badasses. :lol:

The problem I perceive is that other major third party releases such as Assassin's Creed III and Batman: Arkham City will overshadow Darksiders II. Here's hoping I'm wrong and the title is top-notch.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I don't think that it would prompt me to buy one because I couldn't really play it...
And I usually wait on a system until there is solid base of games and a price reduction.

Somewhere in the world, the great Mases Hagopian is rejoicing. He won't have to use any console other than a Nintendo console.

I'm sure that Darksiders II will make a decent launch release. I think it'll be at least top 5, because Darksiders isn't exactly a house-hold title like pretty much anything Nintendo is. But on the other hand, all of us Zelda fans will more than likely grab a copy as well, because of the new "Darksiders Dungeon" website just recently launched. That would be a massive amount, but a decent one nevertheless.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I'm a bit torn on this one. The game will release in June of this year on the Xbox 360 and the PS3. However, it will be a launch title later on this year on the Nintendo Wii U. I think Vigil Games is going to need to include some extra goodies to assure this is the 'definitive' version of the game. There is going to to be some DLC packs, so I'm sure all of those will be built in to the Wii U version by the time that rolls around. However, I think it will need to have that extra goody to make me want to rebuy it for a second console.

I'm going to get it eventually anyway, at the very least for collectibles sake, just to have it on multiple consoles. We'll see though.

I'm a bit torn on this one. The game will release in June of this year on the Xbox 360 and the PS3. However, it will be a launch title later on this year on the Nintendo Wii U. I think Vigil Games is going to need to include some extra goodies to assure this is the 'definitive' version of the game. There is going to to be some DLC packs, so I'm sure all of those will be built in to the Wii U version by the time that rolls around. However, I think it will need to have that extra goody to make me want to rebuy it for a second console.

I'm going to get it eventually anyway, at the very least for collectibles sake, just to have it on multiple consoles. We'll see though.

What you mentioned, Mases, is going to be a problem with many third party Wii U launch games. Additional features wil not to be included and appropriately advertised.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
What you mentioned, Mases, is going to be a problem with many third party Wii U launch games. Additional features wil not to be included and appropriately advertised.

Those early games are nice to have. Batman, Darksiders, etc... For the most part, I think they are going to be direct ports with minor new stuff. However, looking ahead to 2013. I imagine a more significant amount of 'major' game will appear on PS3, 360, and Wii U. I don't think there will be a PS3 and 360 version, with a different Wii version, like we've seen with some games. (Madden, Call of Duty come to mind). The games on the 3 consoles will be virtually the same.

With Darksiders, the developers have made a number of Zelda comments in the past and it's clear they are Nintendo fans. So while this might be looking far in the future... Darksiders III, if it is made, will probably be on all consoles at launch. Then again, if that's in 2014 or 2015, it might be next generation of Sony and Microsoft, so it's unsure how things will turn out. Depends on the success of Wii U in the first year or so.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
So, I'm sure by now even the most hardcore Zelda fans here have at least heard of Darksiders II. If you didn't know, Darksiders II is going to be on the Wii U. It was announced at E3 2011 as being one of the big confirmed 3rd party games. I'm not exactly 100% sure that it's going to be a launch title for the Wii U, but assuming for a moment that it is, do you think that it will make a good launch title? Why/why not? Will Darksiders II at launch make you buy a Wii U when it launches later this year?

Personally, I think that Darksiders II makes an excellent launch title. The first Darksiders was quite a high profile release, and was met with critical success. If you haven't played it, Darksiders is quite a bit like Zelda but with a crazy badass who kills crazy monsters. It has similar combat and items in a lot of ways. I think that Darksiders II will not only fill the "high profile release" part of the Wii U's launch, but it will also satisfy Zelda fans looking for a Zelda game on their new console. I know that in the event that Darksiders II is a launch title, and in the event that I decide to buy a Wii U on or near launch, this will definitely be a title that I get (unless something better comes up). What about all of you?

I agree with you on every count. I think that this is a fantastic plan, as the WiiU will draw the attention of the hardcore gamers back to Nintendo, who have all but written off the Wii as a worthwhile console.

What will be the most powerful (atleast for awhile) console and the first of the next-gen, appealing interface and fantastic launch lineup, sign me up. Darksiders might even help lift the WiiU up a little higher, especially if the initial launch of DS II goes as well as many are predicting.

Last edited:

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I have a lot of video games to get through. I hope to one day get to Uncharted 3 and Darksiders 1, and so before II I have to play the first one, and before that I have some other games to play so..

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Well, I have yet to play the first Darksiders (I know, I'm terrible) so I'm not sure if I should buy this one ASAP. Would it ruin the first game?

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Well, I have yet to play the first Darksiders (I know, I'm terrible) so I'm not sure if I should buy this one ASAP. Would it ruin the first game?

Yes. It will reference many events going on in the first game (as well as not focus as much on the lore) because it is happening in parallel. In fact, the whole point of the story is that Death is trying to clear his brother War's good name after being framed (which is War's focus as well during DS 1.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom