• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

darklink01's timeline theory

Long ago, in the kingdom of Hyrule,
a wind sorcerer named Vaati appeared.

Vaati terrorized the people of Hyrule and
kidnapped many beautiful girls from their
homes.

When all hope seemed lost, a young boy
carrying little more than a sword appeared.

According to the legends, when the boy
drew his sword, he split into four, the four-
who-are-one worked together to vanquish
Vaati.

The hero used his sword to bing Vaati in a
remote area of Hyrule. The people
christened the blade the Four Sword and
built a shrine around it. There it remained
undisturbed for many years.

you are trying to tell me that this right here is talking about MC. this is not flaming you or anything, but you are a moron if you think this is MC. i dont care if that means that the back story is talking about a game that doesnt exist. that makes more sense than saying it is talking about MC.

it clearly says "Vaati terrorized the people of Hyrule and
kidnapped many beautiful girls from their
homes." that never happened in MC

it clearly says "According to the legends, when the boy
drew his sword, he split into four, the four-
who-are-one worked together to vanquish
Vaati." that never happened until the game FS.

it clearly says "The people
christened the blade the Four Sword and
built a shrine around it." which implies that they did call it the four sword after he defeated Vaati but that didnt happen at the end of MC, and there was technically already a shrine for the piccori sword (the chest that was holding the monsters at the beginning).

it clearly says "When all hope seemed lost, a young boy
carrying little more than a sword appeared." except Link was there when Vaati appeared so he obviously didnt just appear when all hope was lost. infact, the king specifically asks Link to try and stop vaati, which means he didnt just come out of no where to stand up to Vaati.

there you go, i literally told you why every single one of those passages that you think are about MC, cant possibly be about MC.

and for the record, MC has a back story that doesnt talk about an existing game, so why would it be so weird for FSA to have a back story that mentions a non existing game?

Yes, I do believe it is talking about MC. And you are aguing for the sake of argument. And its not called being a moron that I think that. Its called not thinking of the story as if it were a college class. Zelda isn't meant to be that difficult to figure out. I really, really doubt Nintendo has a master plan for a timeline and spends every waking moment thinking of each precise words to use because it might mess something up.

But lets go with what your saying for a minute. So the entire backstory, which mentions the hero splitting into four by use of a sword, which DID happen in MC, and mentions the building of a shrine AFTER Vaati was sealed, which happend for the FIRST TIME in MC (sorry, a box to hold the sword dosen't count as a shrine), and because its states when all hoped seemed lost that he appeared, and not "when all hope seemed lost, there was a boy running around the whole time until finally he beat all the dungeons and defeated Vaati", that is can't be talking about MC. Then if all those are correct, then I guess it must not be talking about MC.

But, never the less, its not changing my mind about it. It fits better within my timeline, which is what this is about anyway. So stop spamming it up with senseless statements and saying your are right and everyone else who believes the way my timeline is is a moron.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Yes, I do believe it is talking about MC. And you are aguing for the sake of argument. And its not called being a moron that I think that. Its called not thinking of the story as if it were a college class. Zelda isn't meant to be that difficult to figure out. I really, really doubt Nintendo has a master plan for a timeline and spends every waking moment thinking of each precise words to use because it might mess something up.

But lets go with what your saying for a minute. So the entire backstory, which mentions the hero splitting into four by use of a sword, which DID happen in MC, and mentions the building of a shrine AFTER Vaati was sealed, which happend for the FIRST TIME in MC (sorry, a box to hold the sword dosen't count as a shrine), and because its states when all hoped seemed lost that he appeared, and not "when all hope seemed lost, there was a boy running around the whole time until finally he beat all the dungeons and defeated Vaati", that is can't be talking about MC. Then if all those are correct, then I guess it must not be talking about MC.

But, never the less, its not changing my mind about it. It fits better within my timeline, which is what this is about anyway. So stop spamming it up with senseless statements and saying your are right and everyone else who believes the way my timeline is is a moron.

lol i do believe you were spamming a different thread that i started. plus, no one else is really contributing to this conversation except to say "nice ideas, you could be right"

yes, link does split into 4 different links at some point in the game, but the quote you got specifically says when he drew the sword he split into 4 heroes, which definitely did not happen in MC.

and the BIGGEST part of that quote that MOST DEFINITELY should be a SURE FIRE SIGN to you that it is not talkin about MC is when it says that Vaati kidnapped pretty girls. that never happened nor was even mentioned ANYWHERE in MC. so unless there is a part of the game that the creators forgot to put in it, that back story has absolutely nothing to do with MC.

this will be my last post on this thread because youre obviously gonna stick with the idea that you think it is talking about MC when it clearly isnt and i have no time to waste on people who cant tell the difference between FACT and what they BELIEVE.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
according to my theory although i forgot to mention, Vattii was just another random asshole that woke up wanting to take over the land of hyrule, let alone the world. so fourswords don't count

I don't understand how Minish Cap comes after WW/PH

Its supposed to be in the New Hyrule. Its not a direct sequel, just the next generational game. Where there is no mention of the Master Sword or Ganon in MC or FS, my thoughts were that the Master Sword was stuck in Ganondorf's head at the bottom of the ocean in the old Hyrule. That would answer both questions, as they would have no way of getting the Master Sword, and the threat of Ganondorf returning would not be there because he was destroyed.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Its supposed to be in the New Hyrule. Its not a direct sequel, just the next generational game. Where there is no mention of the Master Sword or Ganon in MC or FS, my thoughts were that the Master Sword was stuck in Ganondorf's head at the bottom of the ocean in the old Hyrule. That would answer both questions, as they would have no way of getting the Master Sword, and the threat of Ganondorf returning would not be there because he was destroyed.

except ganondorf wasnt destroyed, seeing as how in FSA, Vaati is trying to bring him back, and succeeds in a way so obviously ganondorf/ganon is not COMPLETELY gone. now lets see, if he is ressurecting ganon dont you think he would know where ganondorfs body is? and if he knows where the body is then he would know where the master sword is and would either use its power or destroy the sword, but this is not mentioned or hinted to which would lead me to assume that the master sword has nothing to do with any of this logic, and also, even if the master sword wasnt there cus it was stuck in his head i still think there would have been some mention of such an amazing sword. and exactly why would the back story for the game be about someone other than link? the back story is about gustav and is not at all related to any other game in the series. every game at least has a back story that has to do with a previous game EXCEPT for MC, therefor i dont think it goes after WW/PH at all. i think its first in the series.

incase no one noticed, the back story was not at all about Link, the triforce, or a fight over it. infact, the back story was about a completely different type of power which implies that there was something more powerful than the triforce that he was after, but for some reason this same power is no longer searched for in any other Zelda game because at the end of the game we know that Zelda has the power in herself, and the power will be passed down through Zeldas bloodline and cant be taken away. the light force of the royal family.

this game has absolutely NO mention of the triforce whatsoever. in every game, link has the triforce of courage but not in MC. (i dont think so in four swords either but i dont think four swords is a canon game really).

in FSA we can assume he does have the triforce of courage because Ganon is mentioned in the game and we know he has the triforce of power.

except ganondorf wasnt destroyed, seeing as how in FSA, Vaati is trying to bring him back, and succeeds in a way so obviously ganondorf/ganon is not COMPLETELY gone. now lets see, if he is ressurecting ganon dont you think he would know where ganondorfs body is? and if he knows where the body is then he would know where the master sword is and would either use its power or destroy the sword, but this is not mentioned or hinted to which would lead me to assume that the master sword has nothing to do with any of this logic, and also, even if the master sword wasnt there cus it was stuck in his head i still think there would have been some mention of such an amazing sword. and exactly why would the back story for the game be about someone other than link? the back story is about gustav and is not at all related to any other game in the series. every game at least has a back story that has to do with a previous game EXCEPT for MC, therefor i dont think it goes after WW/PH at all. i think its first in the series.

incase no one noticed, the back story was not at all about Link, the triforce, or a fight over it. infact, the back story was about a completely different type of power which implies that there was something more powerful than the triforce that he was after, but for some reason this same power is no longer searched for in any other Zelda game because at the end of the game we know that Zelda has the power in herself, and the power will be passed down through Zeldas bloodline and cant be taken away. the light force of the royal family.

this game has absolutely NO mention of the triforce whatsoever. in every game, link has the triforce of courage but not in MC. (i dont think so in four swords either but i dont think four swords is a canon game really).

in FSA we can assume he does have the triforce of courage because Ganon is mentioned in the game and we know he has the triforce of power.

My point was that Ganondorf (human) was destroyed. If he wasn't, he would have used the Triforce of Power to come back as he did in WW, and in TP when he should have died at the hands of the Sages. The idea is that whenever the Master Sword impaled Ganondorf (WW and TP), it removed the Triforce of Power from him and, without that power, he died.

Vaati would have no reason to have to know where Ganondorf's body is to resurect him. Twinrova attempted the same thing in the Oracle series and were halfway successful. Also, I do not believe the backstory of MC refers to a previous Link or adventure/event which Link was apart of. I do understand that it refers to Gustaf.

This timeline is based on simplistic ideas which are given from the in game context, opening, and ending scenes/contexts. Therefore, whenever we see Ganondorf impaled by the Master Sword, thus losing the Triforce and dying, he would have to be resurrected in order to return. He could not be resurrected, apparently, in his former human form. This is why every game which comes after WW and TP which has the evil king as its antagonist, we see that he is now Ganon (beast) and not Ganondorf (human).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom