• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark or Happy?

Do you want SS to be a dark and gritty game like MM or TP, or be a happier and more cheerful game like OoT, WW, PH, and ST? I want it to be dark because the games are so much deeper, backstory-wise. However, this could mean some people might not want to get it. What do you think?:huh:

J

jora

i dont think that it will be so happy windwaker despite its bright colors and super styled chibi look had actually a pretty dark and sad story with an adult link now i believe the story will retain the same kind of dark ocarina and twilight had majora,s mask delt more with a psychopathic mental kind of dark.

I've always liked the darker ones more than the happier ones but the graphics seem to lean more to the happier side. Baggy pants don't usually equal dark story in my mind. Maybe it will be right in the middle.

DayDreamer

Wahoo!
As long as it says Legend of Zelda on the box I don't care to much about whether the story will be dark or happy (unless its a CD-i game but I don't have to worry bout that anymore ;D). I also agree with Jora,though the game looks happy it had a tendency to be sad at times. As well as achieving a wide verity of emotions because of the style.

I'm hoping for a happier, brighter story lol. The graphics just seem to scream "happy and easy going" so a dark and depressing story would feel out of place.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Just because a game has light-hearted graphics, that doesn't mean it won't be dark. The Wind Waker had bright and colorfull graphics, but it was still a great game.
Same goes with Majora's Mask. I believe that Skyward Sword will have a mix between a dark and light story, just like the Ocarina of Time's story.

I hope there is a lot of emotion. I don't care if its an overall dark or lighthearted story. As long as there is a lot of emotion in the game.
Happy moments, angry moments, sad moments, etc. Any graphical style can portray this, they just need to actually do it, and do it properly.

Link19x

Freak on a leash xp
I definetely think it should have a little bit of both. like some areas or certain parts of the game could be happy, and others dark

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yes, I agree with Link-182, Twilight Princess felt kind of dead in my opinion. Link and many of the game's NPC's to me didn't express much emotion.
I have high hopes with Skyward Sword. Link looks like he can express good emotion and expressions.

K

khalil

I think there should be a mix between dark and happy because if it is too happy it will seem like a cartoonish kid game, which it is not and it can't be too dark because it would be emoish and might depress the players

Just because a game has light-hearted graphics, that doesn't mean it won't be dark. The Wind Waker had bright and colorfull graphics, but it was still a great game.
Same goes with Majora's Mask. I believe that Skyward Sword will have a mix between a dark and light story, just like the Ocarina of Time's story.
I disagree a dark story with happy graphics has already been done on zelda and it doesn't seem out of place at all this is just one of the many: Wind Waker

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I prefer it stays light hearted and colorful as you can obviously see with the scenery and graphics, but it should also have some dark and gritty moments, maybe even a little scary.

X

XTC

I personally liked the 'darker' and more realistic graphics of OoT and MM but those are never a deciding factor for me to enjoy a Legend of Zelda game. I hope for the game to involve both light and dark aspects, which I'm sure it will. In my opinion, the darkness will be the overall plot and the lightness will be the comic relief and epilogue to the story. I'm a fan of Zelda no matter what direction they decide to take though. :)

I would like it to be both, just like MM, where it had ton of emotion, a dark story, but still had a lot of funny and enjoyable parts, and it was very difficult to, those are the things it needs... But I don't want to get my hopes high. So I'm not expecting this at all.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I swear it'll be a balance of the two. The graphics may look happy but the plot and certain areas of the game are sure to have a dark side on occasion. I can only hope that those dark moments are enough to counter balance the happy annimations of characters and the graphics which will be spread across the entire game. SS can't be all light hearted, without conflict and disaster there would be no reason to fight, that's why they need to put something in the game that's just as dark as the graphics are light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom