• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Link

i'd love for dark link to appear in SS, it could be one of the greatest boss battles ever. i personally wouldn't like him as the final boss but if he were a zant-like character like FlatxSharp said. another thing that i hope they do in this game is the origin of dark link.

dark link in ss wold be BEAST! so epic because of the motion thing and him copying ur moves it would be a really fun clallenge

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Ok, First of all, cell shading WON'T ruin Dark Link's darkness in this game. The cell shading would actually BRING OUT his darkness. Basically the game has cell shading because the game is meant to look like a moving painting. PAINTING. How often are paintings bright and colorful? Not very often. We also have to note that the game is following an impressionist art style, which is bringing out colors in uneven tones. That doesn't take away the darkness of a painting and it adds a more epic feel to it. If you are one of those people who think it will take away his darkness, you are one ignorant f*%#er.

Eskhandar

or khan he?
It's nice to see that so many people support me with seeing Dark Link in this game!!
What do you think he'd look like if he WAS implemented?

I just picture this shadowy figure of Link but with this sort of smudgy aura coming out of him in respect to the impressionistic style.

I'd like him being alot like the oot one with weak read eyes, The shield and sword beeing totally black and a little glossy.
Not too fancy! :)

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Hey it's not like cel-shading always has to be happy go lucky...
I'm sure with darker colour schemes incorporated on the current SS Link model with maybe even shadowy auras emanating from him and such, it's possible, even in the style.

True... True... I'd say they could put some smoke or fog around him or whatever. That would make him look a little more epic.

U

Uber-Link83

I think it'd be AWESOME if there was a Shadow Temple like this: 2 mini bosses *One givs u temple item other givs u boss-key* with Bongo Bongo as the first. Then a ganondorf 5 hit sword fight *by 5 hit i mean 5 hits n he dies* in his normal form *no Tri-Force of Power Ganon beast crap* then the boss should be Dark Link with his OoT attacks AND some new ones *Spin Attack, Super spin *like in PH n ST* charged spin attack *OoT* Jump Attack, n sum Hidden Skills from TP!

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
That would be awesome!

Especially, if they make a cutscene where Link gets pissed and some dark cloud comes out of him and takes the shape of Dark Link, that would be so cool, good side Vs. Dark Side!

You know how cool that would be?

Much like others have said, he tends to only appear in the darker, more mature games. Putting AoL aside, since it was pretty neutral between grim/happy, Dark Link was in two of the darker games of the series, Ocarina of Time as a mini-boss and Twilight Princess as a small cameo. Putting him in a lighter, happier, cel-shaded world probably wouldn't do much for his "character".

Not to say that I'm 100% against him being in Skyward Sword, but I'm not 100% for putting him in Skyward Sword. I'm mostly neutral in the argument, but I'm leaning towards NOT putting him in SS for the reasons others have stated.

?

???

Much like others have said, he tends to only appear in the darker, more mature games. Putting AoL aside, since it was pretty neutral between grim/happy, Dark Link was in two of the darker games of the series, Ocarina of Time as a mini-boss and Twilight Princess as a small cameo. Putting him in a lighter, happier, cel-shaded world probably wouldn't do much for his "character".

Not to say that I'm 100% against him being in Skyward Sword, but I'm not 100% for putting him in Skyward Sword. I'm mostly neutral in the argument, but I'm leaning towards NOT putting him in SS for the reasons others have stated.

we can start since now ;), btw, isnt dark link shadow link as the one in FSA? :/

C

Connor

I'm undecided as to whether or not I want Dark Link in Skyward Sword. If he was put in there, I would like to see him as a sub-boss, and nothing else. Kinda like he was in Ocarina of Time (If I remember correctly). I'm not really worried about cell shaded graphics except they could either make it look really good or really bad.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Maby, dark link could not be cell shaded and instead like the TP dark links. that way, it would be more sinister and kinda spooky and unnerveing. just a thought.

Shadow Link is awesome! I really enjoyed him in OOT but that is the only game I've played him in. I've played ST but somehow I can't remember shadow link...i usually remember these things. I thought a shadow link was needed in WW and TP after seeing them in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
First, that would be one of the most EPIC fights in Skyward Sword if he was put in.
Second, who says that a game like Skyward Sword shouldn't have a dark side? It could be happy and bright in certain parts, but maybe in a dungeon or two it could be very unnerving. Like the Shadow Temple in OoT. If there is a dungeon like that, Dark Link should DEFINITELY be a miniboss. Or even a boss.

Jedizora

:right:
SS will have its dark sides. All games do. Even WW did, with the redeads(much scarier that in OoT and MM) and the earth temple. I would love it if Dark link was in SS. I would rather have him as a later boss, like the second to last boss. I would also love it if there was a way to battle him twice. I don't see anyway that he could be left out of SS. At the very least they could create some sort of 2 player one-one fight system where one player could be link and the other dark link. You could even do it over Wifi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom