• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Link- Theory... Once Again

Donutwizard

The Angry Mask Salesman
I think he is a shape shifting guardian creature who turns into a darker version of who ever it fights, but eventually gets corrupted by Ganon

Amura

Day Dream
Well, actually, Ganondorf COULD have control over mini-bosses, although it's very unlikely.

What I mean when I say I don't know who might of cast it, is that I'm still pondering over who/what could have cast the spell. Heck, it could even be a good guy, but that's a far-fetched suggestion. If it was a test for the hero, it could have very well been a good guy. Think about it, someone's testing the hero to see if he's worthy enough to defeat Ganondorf. BUT, that good guy would have to excel in magic. Either way, the "good guy creating Dark Link" thing is just depending on if Dark Link was a test for Link. Ganondorf, Morpha, or countless other fiends could have sent Dark Link to fight the hero.

So, there is still a chance that Dark Link was cast by a good guy, therefore, widening the range on who it could be.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I think that Dark Link, at least in OoT, is that he's a personified version of Link's doubts, and yet with the Triforce of Courage, he can overcome them and (symbolically) defeat them once and for all, thus making Link even more well-suited for saving Hyrule. Also, the room in the Water Temple has the water, the fog, and the lone tree. I think the water could be a symbol of Link's reflection and how he truly sees himself, with all of his bad or doubts. The fog could represent that although he doesn't know exactly what will happen next, Link is going to keep going forward. Finally, I think the lone-standing tree symbolizes how Link needs to fight this battle alone, and how he must overcome himself before he's ready to truly save Hyrule and defeat Ganon once and for all.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I think we are severely underestimating Morpha, he is the master of water, and he has a great power over it, enough to freeze all of Zora's Domain in fact, I think DL is a spell Morpha cast on that particular room, it made the waters reflect the person, the water dungeon has an underlying reflection theme, so I think the fight is just a symbol for Link defeating himself

In other news I have returned to the ZD forums

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Welcome back felipe! LOL i would really like to know the true story behind Dark Link, and think he would make a great Main Villan. Remember ALttP when Link was a WANTED man! i think it would make a good story for Dark Link to start a bunch of crap in Hyrule acting like hes the true Link, and god knows where that could go. Dark Link has always been a great Mystery in the Zelda Lore and would love for him to stay that way, but i also wouldnt complain about them fleshing out his character. Im starting to realize im at a point with this franchise where i am VERY conflicted on what should happen with the series. I'm not good with this Zelda Theory stuff, so sorry if this post offered no NEW opinions to the Thread!

S

southwind

i think that dark link is a manifestation of links dark side.

T

Triforceholder

Dark Link

My own theory is that Dark Link was originally a boy named Redoriku, and he was Link's brother before being captured and brainwashed by Ganondorf. I have a full version on my DeviantArt page, which I will put here in a link ScartheHedgehog239 on deviantART

Not to sound like a jackass but where the hell does that come from? That is incredibly specific for a mere theory and where is that name coming from. There has never been any evidence to suggest that link had a sibling in any of the games that Dark Link appears in except for Wind Waker.

I'd say that In most of the games Dark Link is a final test for link forcing him to fight his exact equal in everything where he has to rely on his skill alone and not his strength or speed. In Adventure of Link he was a test set forth by the king to make sure that the one looking for the Triforce of Courage was worthy and in the water temple there is a good chance that Dark Link was placed there to protect the longshot before the temple was invaded by Evil.

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
Not to sound like a jackass but where the hell does that come from? That is incredibly specific for a mere theory and where is that name coming from. There has never been any evidence to suggest that link had a sibling in any of the games that Dark Link appears in except for Wind Waker.

1) My brother uses the name for all his Zelda profiles, so I shanked it (Troll). 2) It started out as a theory, and it turned into a fanfic. 3) It comes from the fact that he appears too often to just be a damn reflection of himself, except for AoL, telling me he's his own entity. Why does he look like Link, because they're brothers! Why does he know Link's ****, because he was trained to! Why does he look all hypnotized, BECAUSE GANONDORF!

Also, did you actually go to the link I put there?

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
1) My brother uses the name for all his Zelda profiles, so I shanked it (Troll).

Not relevant?

2) It started out as a theory, and it turned into a fanfic.

Zing!
It's not a theory anymore but a fanfic, therefore it's not really valid in speculation threads.

3) It comes from the fact that he appears too often to just be a damn reflection of himself, except for AoL, telling me he's his own entity.

So magical mirror reflections have a set amount of times they can reflect a person before not being able to do so anymore?
cool, didn't know that.. oh hey look, there is also tons of lore & facts to support your claim right there!

*turns sarcasm off*

No!
Just because a reflection appears a lot of times does not mean that the reflection is actually a brother of the original image, that makes no sense at all, no lore to prove me otherwise either.

Why does he look like Link, because they're brothers!

Actually he doesn't look like Link, he's completely dark and has no face, just a silhouette of Link => therefore it's logical to assume he is a mirror image/ dark reflection of Link.

Why does he know Link's ****, because he was trained to! Why does he look all hypnotized, BECAUSE GANONDORF!

He doesn't look all hypnotized, he doesn't have a look at all because he has no face.. it's all darkness. Then again, far more logical to assume that the skills he has come with the dark reflection I mentioned earlier, no need for secret training.

Also, did you actually go to the link I put there?

I did, read it and branded it as a fanfic.. not a theory. All of that stuff you write is all your own imagination and lacks support of lore from the games.

Isn't it obvious that Dark Link is regular Link's shadow? In OoT however, it's probably just some illusion set up by Ganondorf.

T

Triforceholder

Zeldapedia Dark Link

Is you go on there you can read all the appearances of Dark Link and if we assume that Shadow Link is something different but similar then the only really notable appearances of Dark Link are from Adventure of Link and Ocarina of Time. In Adventure of Link the Shadow is never actually referred to as Dark Link the closest thing any official document comes is listing him as Link's Shadow. Then the one from the Water Temple is either a reflection of Link's Darker half sent to stop him from getting to the boss or a reflection of the challenger's Skills made to protect the Longshot. The latter is the more likely because The reflection of Link in the water Temple is almost transparent and becomes more solid as you fight suggesting that it was created recently.

T

The Windfish

If the goddess removed the darkness inside of link, why didn't she just destroy it? If this theory is so, then maybe the purpose of dark link was a test (right of passage) somewhat for link to see if he can, in terms, defeat himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom