• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Link: My Interpretation

Shadow Link has showed up in a couple games but we have never really known what he is, so I am going to discuss what I think it is. I really think that he is kind of like the heros shade, instead of the regret it is all of the evil and feeling of revenge in Link. Once Dark Link is defeated all of this is rid from Link and therefore gives him more courage, this allows him also to be able to not ever give up for a sole reason as in somebody trying to stop him from his journey. This allows him to obtain the Triforce and prove to the gods that he is worthy of being the hero of hyrule. Tell me what you think Dark Link is I love to read your opinions.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Dark Link in AoL was the true test for Link for the triforce of courage.

Dark Link in OoT was just an enemy created by Ganondorf.

The Shadow Links in Oracle of Ages are just mindless pawns created by Veran.

The Shadow Links in ALttP are merely the dungeon masters of the Palace of the Four Sword.

And Lastly, Shadow Link in FSA is Ganon's hatred for Link manifested in the dark mirror.

Dark Link cannot be compared to the Hero's Shade, for the HS is one being. Dark Link could refer to multiple beings, each with completely different origins and intentions.

Big Octo

=^)
Dark Link is a spell to stop Link, and nothing more. In all the games he's appeared in, he's had no personality or character, and is just another attempt at stopping Link.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Just saying something but this theory sounds a LOT like my ZU theory. Which is a good thing, of course. x)

I personally would love to agree with you, as it'd make DL important from a story viewpoint (sorta), but all I can see in the character is:

- a bad*** (Dark Interloper scene in Twilight Princess)
- a bad*** (Dark Link fight in OoT)
- a bad*** (all throughout FSA)
- a bad*** (Zelda series as a whole)

He isn't exactly relevant to the story. A nuisance and a bad*** at best.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Dark Link is an evil entity created from the shadow mirror created to destroy Link if Dark Link was created to help Link why would he have killed me on multiple occasins.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
What can I say, he is the semi-required "You have to defeat yourself" boss. He is also made of smoke...

I tought that in oot, he reflected Link's personality. I mean, think about the dead tree, that could reflect Link's childhood in kokiri forest.

Personally, I think that Dark Link in Ocarina of Time is somehow strongly related to Ghirahim or that they are the same being, but I've already made threads about that and that was a long read, and I don't really want to summarize here.

In Adventure of Link, he's a final test for those seeking the Triforce of Courage, though it seems that in this instance it would mirror anyone who seeks to obtain the ToC.

In Twilight Princess, (if you count him here) he's just an allegory used by Lanayru to better explain the ancient history of Hyrule to Link, use imagery that he would be able to easily identify with.

As for the other games featuring Dark Link, I have not played them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom