• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Daily sketches

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
ALBW_Irene_Artwork.png

IMG_20211001_141852.jpg

Linktober... I guess

Mikey the Moblin

obviously no reference for a full blown redesign, but I started with three pillars for the design- first, he needed to keep the iconic eye weak spot and tentacles. Second, I wanted him to be iceberg-like in the sense that what you cant see is the much more frightening and significant portion. Third, he needed to retain a feeling of terrestrialism, but incorporate some kind of eldritch/lovecraftian qualities to make it feel aloof.

So we ended up with a rough design since I didn't have a reference to copy from, but I think it works. If you look carefully, you can see seams on the large tentacle- this tentalus has multiple eyes hidden inside full tentacles that split apart to show razor sharp teeth. Since eyes inside the mouth isn't really typical for earth life, it gives it this alien look. We dont know how many tentacles tentalus really has; after hitting enough eyes tentalus will just flee. I'm assuming that tentalus has a mouth somewhere down there under the water- I'm not keen on finding out!
IMG_20211003_204449.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

putting this here I guess
1642317738177.png
bad camera angle, that's all! I swear!
the cloak is bad. Western link shouldn't have a cloak. Revolver is weird but maybe I'd get used to it
I also tried out some new coloring pencils, nothing special just some anti stress ones. Guess how many colors I used and win a prize
and ink! it started off okay but got worse as I got bored of inking

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom