• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

D&D Redux

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
All right, so the theme has officially been chosen as more serious. But feel free to still be comedic if you feel like it.
CAMPAIGN: Specters of Mortem
What you know so far:
The nation of Ithaca is currently under the rule of the tyrannic General Zahir. You are a group of talented up-and-coming adventurers who have come to this land with two invitations: one to serve the general, and the other to join the rebellion and defeat him. It's up to you which you choose.
Surrounding nations:
Ithaca - A seafering, expansionist nation, they have numerous colonies throughout the world. While the large amounts of land make it a melting pot, the Ithacan mainland is mostly home to humans and gnomes.
The Iron Dominion - A powerful dwarven nation to the north of Ithaca. The two countries are currently on good terms, and are common trade partners.
The Forest-Lands - An league of elven tribes to the south who are on the brink of war with Ithaca, as General Zahir is eager to add their lands to his "collection".
Mortem - A mystical country to the east of Ithaca. These people are very independent don't care about external affairs. However, they have the strongest military on this hemisphere, made up of necromancers and led by the Specters: four powerful necromancers who rule their nation with an iron fist.
Your characters can be from other, unmentioned nations, as long as it fits within the context of this world.

Most stat stuff I'll take care of myself.
Link to the Player's Handbook: http://machine9.net/pathfinder/Pathfinder - Core Rulebook.pdf

SIGN-UPS
Name:
Class: (All characters start at first level; in Player's Handbook)
Deity: (Optional, unless a religious class)
Alignment: (Lawful Good, True Neutral, Chaotic Evil, etc.)
Backstory:

After you sign up there may be more things I ask about, but that's all I need for now.

Accepted characters:
Dagger, a Half-Elf Sorcerer (TatlTails)

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Hmmm.... according to the math:
Storm showing interest
+Tatl showing interest

Ergo: this town aint big enough for the two of us because you say so

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So... thus far, we have one vote for serious, one vote for not. This thread's been up for more than a week, so next vote probably wins. We won't play either way, however, if more people don't sign up.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I'm up for it. My vote goes for "normal", which I would consider generally serious but with a healthy dose of goofy fun as well.

I'm definitely not down for a totally goofy campaign though. I want a legit game.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well, I guess that the vote for the serious (which, yes Bats, is normal) wins. Sorry Storm.
In which case we'll be using the same backstory as was planned for the previous game. I'll be editing the OP and stuff over the next few minutes, then you guys can go ahead and sign up.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Name: Elric Moonflame

Race: Elf

Class: Wizard

Deity: None

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Backstory:

Born and raised in the Forest-Lands, part of the Moonflame clan of idealists. At the young age of 119, I'm showing innate prowess with magic that's beyond my years. Many in my clan have decided to devote their lives to overthrowing General Zahir's regime and will not stop until expansionist Ithaca is no longer a threat to the Forest-Lands. I've decided to go about this task in my own way, fortunately stumbling upon a group of unlikely allies in the form of an adventuring party to aid me in my quest.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Name: Laurilei
Race: Eladrin
Class: Paladin
Deity: Apsu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Ability Scores:
STR: 11
DEX: 9 (+2 racial)
CON: 14
INT: 10 (+2 racial)
WIS: 14
CHA: 12

I noticed @Batman has posted his backstory as though he himself was speaking. I thought it was pretty neat. Definitely not what I'm used to. I'm going to try it too.

Backstory: For my people, our homeland is only but a distant memory. We lived secluded lives, thinking we were safely hidden from the rest of the world. We were wrong. Our home was destroyed and we were scattered, forced to travel the world in search of a new home. Those who were able to find others grew as close to one another as family. My family used to call me an idealist. I had taken up learning the noble practice of the paladin, hoping it would allow me to protect my family. It turned out I wasn't strong enough.

Now I travel alone again, like I had for so many long years, my sights set on the ones who took everything away from me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom