• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Custom Horse

triq267

Just a relatable ghost trying to spook it up
So I was just thinking, who thinks it would be a cool idea to be able to customize your horse, or loftwing for that matter. I'm thinking stuff like of course name, but also like coat, tail, and mane color. Or feather color for loftwings. Would you guys like this, and if Nintendo did this, what would your horse or loftwing look like?

I think that would be awesome. I've ofen thought that it was pretty lame being limited to Epona. My horse would definitely be black, perhaps with some gold somewhere on it, just to make it as threatening as possible. I would even take this idea a step further and say I would like to be able to choose my own mount (I would ride a pig).

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I would like to personalize a loftwing more than a horse. My loftwing would be black feathers with red outside ones, and a black beak with glowing red eyes. It would probably belong to Dark Link. If I could choose a horse, it would just be a black and silver version of Shadofax from Lord of the Rings.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Zelda isn't a game about customization. This would be completely unnecessary. I like customization (which is why I am addicted to Minecraft) but I don't come to Zelda for anything like that, I come to it for adventuring, exploration and fighting monsters.

Zelda isn't a game about customization. This would be completely unnecessary. I like customization (which is why I am addicted to Minecraft) but I don't come to Zelda for anything like that, I come to it for adventuring, exploration and fighting monsters.

I agree that it would be unnecessary, but maybe it would be better if it wasn't purely about customizing aesthetics. Such as, say, choosing from a selection of mounts, or horses, or whatever, that, in addition to looking different, had varying purposes or areas of accessibility (sort of like Moosh and the other animals from the oracle games). Perhaps you could have mounts that can take you across hazardous environments, or some that can get you places very fast. Perhaps certain levels of customization would be necessary to complete the game, in which case it would cease to be unnecessary and would instead become an integral part of the game play.

triq267

Just a relatable ghost trying to spook it up
I agree that it would be unnecessary, but maybe it would be better if it wasn't purely about customizing aesthetics. Such as, say, choosing from a selection of mounts, or horses, or whatever, that, in addition to looking different, had varying purposes or areas of accessibility (sort of like Moosh and the other animals from the oracle games). Perhaps you could have mounts that can take you across hazardous environments, or some that can get you places very fast. Perhaps certain levels of customization would be necessary to complete the game, in which case it would cease to be unnecessary and would instead become an integral part of the game play.
I didn't even think of that, but I think that would be a cool idea.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i like Epona the way she is. if i did have the customization choice i would probably keep her the way she is anyway

Conor

the over analysing guy
I personally don't like the idea too much, you grow to like Epona, or your Loftwing, it becomes a recognizable symbol of the game. In my opinion the ability to customize is would lose some of that zelda magic.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing

Exactly. Personally, I think it would take away from the original feel of Zelda. Plus, Epona and his Loftwing are very specialized. If you changed it, it would be like.....making Ganondorf into a hero. yeah, bro, that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom