• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Currently Known Pokemon Bank Specs

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Restrictions

1) Items are not allowed
2) Eggs are not allowed
3) Black & White Kyurem have to be separated
4) A few Hack Pokémon which the app detects

Ways to search for a Pokémon

1) Pokémon Species
2) Gender
3) Type
4) Nature
5) Marking
6) Level
7) Stat
8 ) Attacks
9) Abilities
10) OT and ID
11) Shiny
12) PokéRus
13) Pokédex Number
14) Number in National Pokédex
15) Kanto Pokédex
16) Johto Pokédex
17) Hoenn Pokédex
18) Shinnoh Pokédex
19) Unova Pokédex
20) Central Kalos Pokédex
21) Coastal Kalos Pokédex
22) Mountain Pokédex

So evidently Pokebank will filter out some hacks, but we don't seem to know which.

Also, what do you guy think about the other restrictions?

Fig

The Altruist
For the most part I like the restrictions as they are not hard to follow. That said, I do dislike that we can't bring items from the previous gen as now that means we would have to recollect them. At the same time, Gen V was very easy to hack and thus players can essentially obtained every single item in the game, even those unable to be obtained under normal standards. For eggs, that is actually fine, at least for me that is because players can hack two Pokemon with maxed out IVs and EVs in every single stat and then breed the two to essentially get the ultimate Pokemon so to speak. On another note, I really love that search filter! That's going to be easy for all of us!!!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm slightly disappointed that items aren't allowed to be transferred, but it makes sense. Items can be hacked just as easily and could give players unfair advantages.

Fig

The Altruist
I'm mildly disappointed we can't send up things like the Gems. Farewell, painfully overpowered Acrobatics.

Ikr? :lol: But for the most part we can still recollect those items with some ease. The only ones that are really challenging to obtain are those found in the Battle Maison and even then it is not that hard to win BP as they are fairly easy, well for me that is. :xd:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Being the ONLY one(as of now) who can use Pokebank in the entire forum, I can hazard a guess on what's not on the list:

*They have a small data check whether the Pokemon are created from hacks and have near-impossible abilities.
(Yes I heard of the hack with the Gengar etc., but that was due to the Hack checker failing due to lag issues in the eshop or with the app itself during the day of release. Now when i transfer they managed to block some but not all pokemon. SOME. They're gonna improve on that I know it.)
*The App itself does not give the symbol(the pentagonal check in X and Y) to any Pokemon Moved.
*Can either get receive 10 BP or 100 Pokemiles. Be smart, get BP. Not Pokemiles. How much is earned through the bank is a long process. You need to what- transfer 100 Pokemon back and forth. Think: Transfer 100 Pokemon get points. I dunno, this maybe untrue until you folks get the game. Until then, this is salt.(From Experience.)
*Region-Lock is ignored whether you got an english/japanese Game.
*Helps with some minor unlockable content if you transfer certain pokemon like Genesect, Shaymin etc.
*Oh right important stuff: If your subcription runs out, you have a small set of days to withdraw ALL Pokemon. Until they delete all of it. (Good Luck.)

Last edited:

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
So far everything that's been announced and mentioned by K4KING seems pretty fair, although the item thing might get annoying because you'd probably have to take each item off yourself.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
So far everything that's been announced and mentioned by K4KING seems pretty fair, although the item thing might get annoying because you'd probably have to take each item off yourself.

It's going to be automatic, like the 4-5 transition.

Also I think King mentioned HMs being allowed through in the SB. Care to back me up?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
It's going to be automatic, like the 4-5 transition.

Also I think King mentioned HMs being allowed through in the SB. Care to back me up?

Ahem:
Here's the thing that probably causes confusion

In Gen VI you can:

1.You can't trade a Pokemon to another game it if knows an HM Move, to prevent HM acquisition that Gen V somehow removed. I mean I could access surf as soon as I want in Black and White as long as I traded it from another source

2. You can't use HMs freely. It's back to the old you need this badge to use the HM. Gen V was a test area, and it's gone.
You can transfer ANY pokemon from ANY Gen V game without any restriction to moves. What you are thinking is the move restriction in Gen III to IV to V, the Pal Park rules and the PokeTransfer and PokeRelocator.

2a. Rules for Gen III is free. You can move any Pokemon with any moves and Items.
2b. Gen IV to V, HMs are restricted and Items are now forever more blocked. Moving a pokemon to a Gen IV game where the move is not an HM will allow it to become a TM. Imagine Defog from Diamond to HeartGold.

3. Back then, in both Gen III to Gen V, transferring Pokemon with a different game cartridge, say in my case I have a Japanese Pokemon games, I can't use English games to transfer over. In the words of Bulbapedia:

Japanese Generation III cartridges into English or another other non-Japanese Generation IV cartridges is impossible since the games would not recognize them as Pokémon games. However, a Pokémon from a third generation cartridge can be transferred into a fourth generation Pokémon game cartridge of another language if it was traded into another third generation game cartridge of the same language as the fourth generation one and can then be migrated from there.

Gen VI onwards lets you use ANY Pokemon game via PokeMover regardless of the game's origin. Hence I can use the app to transfer ALL of my Pokemon(and complete the Gen I to IV Pokedex in just 5 hours, since I kept them from my early breeding days) to my now X or Y game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom