• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Current opinions of the Oracle games

Seasons was action heavy with a cool season mechanic that still feels rather refreshing.

Ages was a puzzle heavy game that I feel had the better characters and story.

The third Oracle game never happened and the linked post game was something unique but was perhaps overlooked in its importance because i really think we could have had convergeance with the two.

So, lets talk about the Oracle games. Would they feel more important if they had an effect on the timeline?

Would you have liked to have played the third game?

Which game is your favourite out of the two?

Where do the games rate on your list of Zelda titles?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Only ever tried Ages. Wasnt impressed with it and didnt really enjoy it. I wouldn't be interested in playing Seasons or a third game.

Most of the top down titles dont feel important and most seem to disregard or create blatant inconsistencies in the timeline MC, FS, FSA, ALBW, TFH... and the oracle games dont seem to be an exception.

Yes they would feel more important if the timeline would have been taken into account more and they added to it in a positive way. Probably wouldn't have enjoyed playing still but I would look more kindly on them.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Last time I played them was like nearly 4 years ago, so I can't remember them too well. I do remember liking them though, especially some of the dungeons. Story, not so much.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I've recently finished playing through ages and currently working through seasons. I personally like the two games and I like the fact they link. A third game would have been awesome in my opinion but I don't know how it would have worked with the linking system (which I think was why they dropped it in the first place). I only had handheld consoles growing up so these were some of the first zelda games I ever played and for some reason I always play through ages first and out of the two that's the one I prefer.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Fantastic games, I really liked them.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
my current opinions of the oracle games is that i currently still ****ing hate them
by far my least favorite zelda games (if i even wanted to use the word "favorite"),maybe i was getting sick of zelda but i absolutely DREADED going into the next dungeon in seasons,ages was a little better but I'd still rather not look at them again
im not entirely sure why i feel this way as i loved links awakening,but these damn games did nothing for me and are the only zeldas i can certainly say i disliked

my current opinions of the oracle games is that i currently still ****ing hate them
by far my least favorite zelda games (if i even wanted to use the word "favorite"),maybe i was getting sick of zelda but i absolutely DREADED going into the next dungeon in seasons,ages was a little better but I'd still rather not look at them again
im not entirely sure why i feel this way as i loved links awakening,but these damn games did nothing for me and are the only zeldas i can certainly say i disliked

Im the same. I love LA but really dislike the Oracles. I really don't know why its the case.

Maybe we can just feel the Capcom in them?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Im the same. I love LA but really dislike the Oracles. I really don't know why its the case.

Maybe we can just feel the Capcom in them?
but then we have minish cap which capcom also had a hand in,yet its still one of my favorite zelda games
im not sure,maybe all the years of puzzles finally took a toll on me,but i just really wasn't feeling those games

I haven't played it in a while, but I remember really enjoying Seasons. It felt like a return to martial difficulty that Zelda games had been lacking. However, I played Ages comparatively recently and actually really hated most of it. Some individual dungeons were fun, but I hated slogging through all the connective parts, and I despised every single minigame it had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom