• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Current Day Zelda

domo

I think my head stopped hurting finally
I always wondered what the outcome of a current day zelda game would be. I sometimes think it would be good, but sometimes, i think BAD. And by current day i mean in this year. What's your opinion? Would you like it? Why/Why not?

O

Ozma

buying stuff by going through a bank first and paying crazy interest rates

the rupee purchasing power would diminish throughout the game so he'd have to buy gold & silver to counter that

and of course paying heavy taxes throughout the game. on his income and assets, etc etc.

maybe he could gather up braindead citizens and start a revolution

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't understand what you mean by current day Zelda. Do you mean "futuristic Zelda" or a Zelda release in 2012?

If the former, I want guns and so many guns. You don't see people in this day and age running around with swords fighting off mystical beasts, after all. The game would probably flop harder than the CD-I games, because fans would be in an outrage.

If the latter, I think it'd flop pretty hard. Zelda games typically take a lot of time to get everything right, and it hasn't been that far off from SS' release.

domo

I think my head stopped hurting finally
I don't understand what you mean by current day Zelda. Do you mean "futuristic Zelda" or a Zelda release in 2012?

If the former, I want guns and so many guns. You don't see people in this day and age running around with swords fighting off mystical beasts, after all. The game would probably flop harder than the CD-I games, because fans would be in an outrage.

If the latter, I think it'd flop pretty hard. Zelda games typically take a lot of time to get everything right, and it hasn't been that far off from SS' release.

Yes, this year.

ENA-three!

the man from mars
id say link would drive a shelby mustang cobra named epona, have a gun, and zelda would be the presidents daughter

Night Owl

~Momentai
As VanitasXII has said, It all depends on what you mean by 'current day' and 'this year'.
If you are talking about a Modern themed Zelda, I think it would be great.
But I think it would flop do to outrage from fans, Most fans aren't as open minded as I am.

If you are talking about a release this year, While I personally would be excited, I don't think it would do as well.
A handheld Zelda might do well since ST was the last new handheld Zelda.

A console Zelda is out of the question, imo. SS Is just too recent still. A new console Zelda this year might end up like MM at best, Cdi Zeldas at worst.
If I remember correctly, MM flopped but gained popularity later and the Cdi Zeldas just flopped.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
A game made in less than a year would require copy/paste of SS's engine, controls, and graphics, just like with MM and ST. I don't see much point in that. SS was meant to send the Wii off with a bang and gear us up for Zelda 3DS and Wii U. There's absolutely no point in releasing another Zelda title this year. So, no.

I probably wouldn't like to see a Zelda in modern times. Part of what I like in Zelda is the style of time periods. It also would change the weapons, probably make them less interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom