• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cryptocurrency

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I noticed that there seems to be a lack of threads here about cryptocurrency, so here we are.

Does anyone here take an interest in or hold any cryptocurrencies?

Do you think they're here to stay or just a fad?

I own a little over $50 worth of Bitcoin (which was worth only $1 when it was given to me). I attended a bitcoin conference/meeting with people from University in my first year to learn a bit about it after being introduced to the concept by a friend. I was lazy and never ended up investing the time to learn enough to be confident to invest (clearly that was a big mistake). Bitcoin seems to have fallen quite a bit since the recent peak but I think eventually it will probably climb back up. Although, there are also many alternatives that seem to be viable too. I would never invest more than I am willing to lose but I hope to look more into various cryptocurrencies myself and invest a little bit in some to see where that takes me.

Ninja

Well well well
Crytocurrency is an extremely intriguing idea, however right now it's too new for me to invest in it with dedication. I had a lot of friends of mine get so excited when Bitcoin dramatically rose, however I told them that every bubble will pop. Bitcoin fell and most of them pulled out and lost money.

Investing is a filmstrip, and not a snap shot. I invest 10% of my income towards my retirement and I'm slightly conservative about it, most of it goes through growth stock mutual funds that have a positive trackrecords of more than five years. I do have a small amount in aggressive growth funds, but don't expect much from them.

I believe cryptocurreny will indeed stick around, however I don't see it surpassing traditional investing options for long and would rather put my money elsewhere.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I think it's probably a good way to make a decent profit, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the cryptocurrency market collapsed entirely at some point.

Bitcoin is a very volatile currency with a lot of risk, but it's definitely worth considering as an investment opportunity. Just don't invest anything into it that you're not prepared to lose altogether!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom