• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Cryptids in Zelda

Din Akera

Sniper
I find this an interesting question to apply to a fantasy world. What about other things in the world that are not 'normal' or more importantly what qualifies as 'normal' versus a cryptid? THere are all kinds of strange creatures running around. Would common enemies be considered animals and uncommon enemies be considered rare or cryptids because they are rarely seen and not everyone believes in them? That is a whole different discussion topic though I think. But certainly something to think about. In a fantasy world, what qualifies as normal and what is out of character?

As to the traditional Yetis and such. I never really thought of them as being occurrences from our world placed into Link's world. I don't think i have a strong opinion on this either way. I think it is very natural to take things from our world and our lives and experiences and make them into characters usable in our fantasy worlds. I think that creators need to do this to some extent when coming up with monster/character/pokemon *cough* designs. You have to start somewhere, might as well be something you know. I guess personally, I'd like to see more originality in the characters/enemies rather than cryptids from our world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom