• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm not a fan of a Rubik lynch since he's a strong player and can potentially be bullied into being more active. I've also played a couple of games in which he was fairly inactive (at least early on) and ended up being town, although he was IC in one. If we're going to lynch an inactive, then I would prefer Mido, as he's also barely contributed.

I don't think they seemed like clearly joke votes, so maybe that's what's swaying my thoughts on it. SMS softed vanilla out of nowhere, and then got votes. To me that makes sense, because it seemed like a weird soft. And since SMS also was unsure if they were joke votes, I'd expect him specifically as town to question them more than he did.

I actually didn't pick up on the soft at the time I made my vote, so I assumed all the others were joke votes too, although they haven't said anything about it either way. I'm often annoyed at early softs/claims, but I believe I've seen SMS do this before, so I don't know that it's suspicious. I still think his questioning seemed fine, but I see where you're coming from.

It is interesting, though, that he voted for Sun based on flimsy reasoning immediately after you suspected him, as if he was feeling the pressure from the votes and your suspicion and wanted to deflect attention. Sun was perhaps a convenient target given my half-joking suspicion of him. This alone makes me slightly suspicious of him, and I actually don't think he'd be a terrible lynch: it'd be relatively high-information, and we'd only lose a VT if he flips town.

I'm going to bed and won't be around for EoD, but I feel comfortable keeping my vote on SMS.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Rag jumping votes really opportunistically makes me a bit suspicious of her. Feels like her scum/3rd party play. But Rag can be kinda unpredictable so I can't say for sure.

i open most games this way as either faction afaicr

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm not a fan of a Rubik lynch since he's a strong player and can potentially be bullied into being more active.

if he gives me a reason to believe this is the case by EoD i might move my vote

my first real read of the game is that Leslie is feeling like he is solving the way I felt he did in Pen's Penultimate game, so that makes me feel somewhat comfortable leaning him town

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
And since SMS also was unsure if they were joke votes
But I knew they were joke votes, I read into them as such from the get go.

It is interesting, though, that he voted for Sun based on flimsy reasoning immediately after you suspected him, as if he was feeling the pressure from the votes and your suspicion and wanted to deflect attention. Sun was perhaps a convenient target given my half-joking suspicion of him. This alone makes me slightly suspicious of him, and I actually don't think he'd be a terrible lynch: it'd be relatively high-information, and we'd only lose a VT if he flips town.
The difference between my vote on Sun and your shade on him was my vote actually pointed out something worthwhile to talk about, and to hopefully get more info from Sun. It did lead to him talking, so I'd say that vote was perhaps the first productive vote of this game and it had more substantial reasoning than anything else before it.

You're right that my death would mean little, I wouldn't call it high info though.

Moving on, I'm too lazy to go back and quote the post, but I never said Sun is scum, I said he could be scum, so I think that's a pretty interesting take away here that he read into things that way. I will take into consideration the info Zinger shared that Sun was genuinely bothered by his NLP before the game even started, I still think it's not something to freak out too hard over.

Unvote

I'm not comfortable blindly lynching Rubik, lately his inactivity has been NAI. I'd prefer that he gets active, however.

I agree that Rag's flip flopping is really weird and I could see myself voting there, but the more pressing matter at hand is:

Unvote
Vote:Mido
What made you change your mind on a No Lynch? Are you just voting Mido because others are?

I think I could end up voting Giri by the end of the day. My only hesitation is that I don't know if scum would ever propose a no lynch, the move is just weird, but then again Giri is a really weird player.

I responded as such because you voted me
I can talk for 99 posts about how I don't want to kill Rubik, but then if I vote him, it would be kind of silly for me to say "relax, I never said I wanted to kill him"

cuz the vote really implies otherwise
I never felt like my life was in danger here, it'd just be weird for me not to talk about it, SMS

I think Minish is right that you're weird here

Rubik - 3 (Cynical Squid, Ragnarokio, The Sun Fan)
Mido - 3 (Storm, Rubik, Giri)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Kirino)
Cynical Squid - 1 (Mido)
Zinger2099 - 1 (Moe the Moblin)
Moe the Moblin - 2 (Morbid Minish, Zinger2099)

Unvote - (Spiritual Mask Salesman)

this is an unofficial votecount about an hour before phase end
reminder that a tie vote results in no elimination occurring

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I responded as such because you voted me
I can talk for 99 posts about how I don't want to kill Rubik, but then if I vote him, it would be kind of silly for me to say "relax, I never said I wanted to kill him"

cuz the vote really implies otherwise
I never felt like my life was in danger here, it'd just be weird for me not to talk about it, SMS

I think Minish is right that you're weird here
There are other reasons to vote besides wanting to lynch someone, you weren't in any danger and it got you talking which was the intent. A vote isn't always concrete, you know this. I don't think I'm being weird at all, I'm just playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom