• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Final Vote Count 5

Kirino - 4 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, Spiritual Mask Salesman, The Sun Fan)
Funnygurl555 - 1 (Kirino)

As the day progressed, everyone settled on killing Kirino. Try as he could, there was no hop for him. As he struggled the remaining town members gathered around and took turns tearing him to bits. As they did so, a cloud of black smoke rose from the limbs and pieces of Kirino's body. Kirino was a Mole Person, the Mafia Tailor.

MV5BNTBiMTAzYjQtOTQ0My00N2ZhLWE3MGItNTkzZTc2ZGZkYWM0L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng...jpg

Suddenly, as the fog cleared, the Cryptids realized they had cast out the last of the corruption plaguing them. No longer living in fear, they dispersed for the final time, disappearing one by one. They had saved themselves at long last.

TOWN WINS!

Living Cryptids: 5

Spiritual Mask Salesman - Shadow People - Vanilla Town
Morbid Minish - Slender Man - Vanilla Town
Ragnarokio - Chupacabra - 1 Shot Cop
Funnygurl555 - Skinwalker - Vanilla Town
The Sun Fan - Mothman - Cop

Dead Cryptids: 8
Giri - Loch Ness Monster - Vanilla Townie
Mido - Sasquatch - Town Miller

CynicalSquid - Wendigo - Serial Killer
Moe the Moblin - Martian - Vanilla Town
Zinger2099 - Jersey Devil - Mafia Goon
Rubik - Kraken - Town Rolestopper
Storm - Swamp Monster - Mafia Roleblocker
Kirino - Mole Person - Mafia Tailor

Thank you for playing everyone! I'll be posting setup info in here as the evening progresses. As always, I'll take constructive criticism on the setup and the way I moderated. I am by no means perfect in either, though I will always strive to do a good job at it.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Night 1 Actions
  • CynicalSquid kills Mido
  • Zinger2099 performs faction kill on Morbid Minish
  • Rubik rolestops Morbid Minish
  • The Sun Fan investigates Rubik
  • Kirino forges Zinger
  • Storm roleblocks Rag

Night 2 Actions
  • Rubik rolestops Ragnarokio
  • The Sun Fan investigates Spiritual Mask Salesman
  • Ragnarokio investigates The Sun Fan
  • Storm Kills Moe
  • Kirino Forges Storm

Night 3
  • Rubik Rolestops The Sun Fan
  • The Sun Fan investigates Storm
  • Storm Kills Rubik
  • Kirino Tailors (innocent) Kirino

Night 4
  • The Sun Fan investigates Funnygurl555
  • Kirino Tailor (innocent) Kirino

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Oh? Is the game over?

WHATEVER SHALL WE BUCKING DO??? IS THERE NO BUCKING SAVING US ALL???

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
@The Sun Fan as for the disagreement

We had a solid night 2 plan, until Zinger wanted to not kill and instead wanted me to do it. Therefore losing the Block we had on Rag

And even then i wanted to frame Rag, butchis one shot cop claim made me holster him. The day 1 kill was advantageous on that part

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
The for the setup I tried something different. The basis is a 13 player game exactly using a role randomizer for the 33 potential roles mentioned at the game start post. 7 integers, from 1 to 100, are picked at random. Since they are integers there can be duplicates, which are perfectly fine. These numbers correspond to a randomizer that assigns a letter based on which numbers pop up.

All randomizations were done using Random.org and the various randomization programs on the site.

1-50 = S (Scum Roles)
51-65 = I (Investigative Roles)
66-75 = P (Protective Roles)
76-85 = K (Killing Roles)
86-95 = M (Mason Roles)
96-100 = A (Action/Result Modification Roles)

7 letters will be the output to the 7 numbers input, but that doesn't mean that the number of power roles will be 7, since the letter saturation can create more than one power role per letter. The matrix for the letter combinations will be in a spoiler below because it's insanely huge and I don't wanna take up an entire page with it.

Investigative Roles

I = [Cop OR Tracker]
II = [Cop OR Tracker], [1-Shot Cop OR 1-Shot Tracker]
III = [Cop OR Tracker], [Cop OR Tracker], [1-Shot Neapolitan OR 1-Shot Gunsmith]
IIII = [Cop OR Tracker], [Cop OR Tracker], [Neapolitan OR Gunsmith]
IIIII = [Cop OR Tracker], [Neapolitan OR Gunsmith], [Cop OR Tracker OR Neapolitan OR Gunsmith], [Cop OR Tracker OR Neapolitan OR Gunsmith]

Protective Roles
P = [Bodyguard OR Doctor]
PP = [Bodyguard OR Doctor], [[Bodyguard OR Doctor] OR Jailkeeper]
PPP = [Bodyguard OR Doctor], [[Bodyguard OR Doctor] OR Jailkeeper], [Bodyguard OR Doctor OR Jailkeeper]
PPPP = [Doctor OR Bodyguard OR Jailkeeper], [Doctor OR Bodyguard OR Jailkeeper], Jailkeeper, Bodyguard

Killing Roles
K = [1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner OR Vengeful]
KK = Vigilante, [1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner OR Vengeful]
KKK = Vigilante, 1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner, Vengeful
KKKK = 1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner, Vengeful, Vigilante, [1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner OR Vengeful]

Mason Roles
M = [Innocent Child OR Friendly Neighbor]
MM = Innocent Child, [2 Masons OR Friendly Neighbor OR Fruit Vendor]
MMM = 2 Masons, Fruit Vendor, [Innocent Child OR Friendly Neighbor OR Fruit Vendor]
MMMM = 3 Masons, [Innocent Child OR Friendly Neighbor OR Fruit Vendor]

Action/Result Modification Roles
A = [Miller OR 1-Shot Bus Driver]
AA = [Miller OR 1-Shot Bus Driver], [Roleblocker OR Rolestopper]
AAA = [Miller OR 1-Shot Bus Driver], [Roleblocker OR Rolestopper], [[Weak/Hider*] OR 1-Shot Commuter]
AAAA = [Miller OR 1-Shot Bus Driver], Roleblocker, [Weak/Hider OR 1-Shot Commuter], [Miller OR Roleblocker OR Rolestopper OR (Weak/Hider) OR 1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Bus Driver]

Scum Roles
SSSSSSS = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Serial Killer
SSSSSS = Mafia Goon, [Mafia JOAT OR Mafia Roleblocker] OR [Godfather OR Mafia Tailor]
SSSSS = Mafia Goon, [Mafia JOAT OR Mafia Roleblocker] OR [Godfather OR Mafia Tailor], Serial Killer
SSSS = Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, [Mafia JOAT OR Mafia Roleblocker]
SSS = Mafia Goon, [Mafia JOAT OR Mafia Roleblocker], [Godfather OR Mafia Tailor], Serial Killer
SS = Mafia Goon, [Mafia JOAT OR Mafia Roleblocker], [Godfather OR Mafia Tailor]
S = Mafia Tailor, Mafia Godfather, [Mafia JOAT OR Mafia Roleblocker], Serial Killer
0 Ss = Mafia Tailor, Mafia Godfather, [Mafia JOAT OR Mafia Roleblocker]

OR statements within the spoilers above imply equal opportunity for a role. A 50/50 chance is decided by a coin flip. Anything else is decided with a spinner. If more than 4 or any I, P, K, M, or A roles were created through randomization, the maximum number of any of those categories (4 in each case) would be used. S has a cap at 7 to create better structuring for a weaker scum team to exist. If 7 S were rolled, the game would be a realatively straight forward game, thus a weak scum team and an SK to pad the fact that Town would have no powers.

Kirino

Tatakae
I kept hoping that Sun would just investigate me during the last couple of days, but for some reason he investigated everyone else first, which was pretty inconvenient, as a town result would've at least given me a chance. That's also why I didn't kill last night.

gg y'all

I see what you're doing WRT C9++, Johnny
the problem is that C9++ generates very town-sided setups in the first place, even before you give town that many roles

your setup also doesnt properly scale the mafia team with town the stronger town gets based on the rand, so you can force mafia to eat town's dust a lot of the time

serial killer also gets left in the lurch a lot here but that's just the nature of the role, I guess

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Before the game started I took the ordered list of players from the sign-ups and randomized the list to get a truly random spread. I then rolled a set of 7 random integers, getting the following:

ASIISAS

This resulted in the following role possibilities...

AA: [Miller(heads) OR 1-Shot Bus Driver(tails)], [Roleblocker(heads) OR Rolestopper(tails)]
II: [Cop(heads) OR Tracker(tails)], [1-Shot Cop(heads) OR 1-Shot Tracker(tails)]
SSS: [Mafia Goon], [Mafia JOAT(heads) OR Mafia Roleblocker(tails)], [Godfather(heads) OR Mafia Tailor(tails)], [Serial Killer]

...and the following role distribution...
Miller
Rolestopper
Cop
1-Shot Cop

Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Tailor

Serial Killer

The final 5 slots were filled with Vanilla Town, and then randomly mixed and assigned to the already randomly mixed player list. The Cryptids were then added for flavor. Thus...

Town
Mido - Miller - Sasquatch
Rubik - Rolestopper - Kraken
TheSunFan - Cop - Mothman
Ragnarokio - 1-Shot Cop - Chupacabra
Morbid Minish - Vanilla Town - Slenderman
Moe The Moblin - Vanilla Town - Green Aliens
FunnyGurl555 - Vanilla Town - Skinwalker
Spiritual Mask Salesman -Vanilla Town - Shadow People
Giri - Vanilla Town - Lochness Monster

Mafia
Zinger2099 - Mafia Goon - Jersey Devil