• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Crossbow in Skyward Sword?

Considering we have the Bow, I'd say this is far from a possibility since they serve the same function.

Actually... maybe the Bow could be upgraded to the Crossbow.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
At this point, I don't think there is any reason to suggest we'll be getting a crossbow as the regular bow is already confirmed. However, I do believe that it would be awesome to have, as a different skin.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
It's hardly possible..., but I would be pleased to have one in the game just beacause it looks good

a crossbow i think it controls will then be just like the slingshot that will indeed awsome so that we can use the arrows quicker in battle

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well technically speaking, in a primitive crossbow the rechambering process is ever so slightly longer than the average drawing of the bowstring. So, I dunno it could be faster but it may not be at the same time.

the bow is more like a sniper and the crossbow is more like an rifle, so its possible. im guessing that the slingshot will upgrade into the crossbow at some point in the game since they have the same purpose.

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
At this point, I don't think there is any reason to suggest we'll be getting a crossbow as the regular bow is already confirmed. However, I do believe that it would be awesome to have, as a different skin.
I like Vanitas' idea about the Crossbow being a different skin for the bow.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
As do I.

A crossbow may be an upgrade for the bow. But somehow I doubt it. I don't really know enough about crossbows to know If I'd like it in Skyward Sword or not, though.

Well, guess we'll find out when we play the game.
Yes but as someone mentioned a crossbow is more like a rifle and regular bow a sniper and I know what's the user is talking because I own a crossbow and have used bows many times in the past.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yes but as someone mentioned a crossbow is more like a rifle and regular bow a sniper and I know what's the user is talking because I own a crossbow and have used bows many times in the past.

Ah, I see. More like a rifle, eh? Personally, the sniper aspect of a regular bow is more appealing to me. So, I guess I'd rather see a regular bow.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Wouldn't the Crossbow fit more in the style of a sniper and the regular bow would be a sniper? The way I've seen the crossy used within old western movies makes it fit for the sniper purpose; they seem to be able to force the bolt to travel quite a distance before it will start to lose air speed, whereas the regular bow's arrow flight depends entirely upon how strong the wielder of the bow is, and the strength of the drawstring. Using that as a basis of opinion, I would come to the conclusion that the bow is more of a rifle with its rapid ability to shoot, and you could use the sights of a crossbow to work more like a sniper would.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Wouldn't the Crossbow fit more in the style of a sniper and the regular bow would be a sniper? The way I've seen the crossy used within old western movies makes it fit for the sniper purpose; they seem to be able to force the bolt to travel quite a distance before it will start to lose air speed, whereas the regular bow's arrow flight depends entirely upon how strong the wielder of the bow is, and the strength of the drawstring. Using that as a basis of opinion, I would come to the conclusion that the bow is more of a rifle with its rapid ability to shoot, and you could use the sights of a crossbow to work more like a sniper would.

Hmm, well when you put it like that.... Ah, I'm conflicted. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom