• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Crispy Clear Skyward Sword Demo Gameplay

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Hi guys, I was surfing through the web and I found 2 newly posted videos of previously seen gameplay, but with clear sound.
The videos are from IGN and I found it through Zelda Informer, so credit goes to them.

Here's one of the Sky Temple demo:[video=youtube;sIkN40yiuzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIkN40yiuzw[/video]

Awesome miniboss battle music!

And here's the fight with Ghirahim: [video=youtube;2rI43Xk9rn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rI43Xk9rn0[/video]

Epic battle!

So how's the orchestrated music? On my impression, it's extremely impressive!

Very cool...

It's nice to hear some sound clarity once in a while, geez.

PS: Sorry, but whoever the player in the demo was, SUUUUUCKED!

...that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Very cool...

It's nice to hear some sound clarity once in a while, geez.

PS: Sorry, but whoever the player in the demo was SUUUUUCKED!

...that is all.

Sucked, huh? To be honest, you're a little right. :sweat:
But wow, nice videos. They certainly are crystal clear. I think we have yet another wonderful soundtrack to look forward to!

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Umm....they put shields in the game for a reason? This proves that if we just go in there swinging, we'll get demolished.

Love these videos, gotta say the soundtrack sounds 10 times better than any past Zelda by means of sound quality. I mean, real instruments are always gonna be better then MIDI, and I love the solve a puzzle chime in this game. Hated the way they did it in TP, just sounded annoying in that game. But yeah, I hope this soundtrack is better than Wind Wakers in terms of actual songs, seems pretty hopeful!

And Link sounds so Japanese haha, and older too, I like it!

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I mean, real instruments are always gonna be better then MIDI, and I love the solve a puzzle chime in this game.
Honestly, I have to disagree with this. So far, I'm not impressed with the music. It's much more background-y if you know what I mean, and difficult to listen to. It doesn't seem to me like it's part of the game anymore, stepping back to give the sword the spotlight. The MIDI music that's gone along with Zelda games of the past has added a much more crisp and engaging sound to further draw you in to the fantasy world. Of course, there are always good songs and ...underwhelming songs in any game. I just haven't heard enough of the soundtrack yet to be fully convinced that orchestration is really the right way to go.

and I hate that they added an extra note to the secret chime. Dx

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
Good video. The thing I loved most, though? That awesome harp melody for the when the chest appeared. And, the orchestra? SO impressive... Oh man... I... had a nerdgasm of sorts. I can't wait. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom