• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cringey Memories

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Looking back, what are some things you've done that seemed cool at the time, but are cringey to think about now?

I'll start. In Fourth Grade a friend convinced me to do the Dragon Ball Z Fusion Dance while we were out on the playground, and I did it. While we did laps in gym class, we'd do them like we were Naruto running. This is easily one of those memories that make me shake my head. We had fun with it at least, lol.

Do you have any similar awkward memories, ones that you are left feeling like "what was I thinking? Why in the world did I do that?"

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
In gym class in elementary school, the teacher did the typical go-around-the-room-and-introduce-yourselves thing. People were giving their nicknames as well.

I said that my name was Michelle, but I wanted to be called Misty like the Pokemon trainer. People laughed, I was embarrassed. idk why I said that, it wasn’t even my nickname hahah. My good friend and I still joke around about that many years later.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I don't remember what this was, but in 4th grade I was called into the auditorium to test my reading or comprehension skills or something, basically a part I remember was the lady was showing me pictures and I had to describe what they were, one of them was a surfboard and I completely forgot its name at the time and I just said it was a "board", and then she showed me a picture of someone surfing and asked me what he was doing, and I said he was "boarding"
the word surf didn't occur to me until a little later, so looking back, I felt embarrassed at how much of an idiot I must've looked like, ha

a quick funny one was in 1st grade or so at lunch, they were serving cheeseburgers, and I said out loud "Cheese? I HATE cheese!", then a lunch lady came out and said "What did you say?", then I quietly said "...I like cheese?", and then she just walked away

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
one time in grade 9 we were asked to pick a song that had personal meaning for us and i picked boulevard of broken dreams

I'll start. In Fourth Grade a friend convinced me to do the Dragon Ball Z Fusion Dance while we were out on the playground, and I did it. While we did laps in gym class, we'd do them like we were Naruto running. This is easily one of those memories that make me shake my head. We had fun with it at least, lol.

Aw, come on. It was fourth grade lol Now if you were doing that in high school it would be cringey.

one time in grade 9 we were asked to pick a song that had personal meaning for us and i picked boulevard of broken dreams

That reminds me of my high school speech class. One of our speeches we had to do a spoken word version of a song and I picked an Iron Maiden song. Thinking about any of the assignments in that class makes me cringe.

Ninja

Well well well
Oh god, me and my cousin went to a beach one time. I chased him in the ghostface costume I had from Halloween while he was screaming, up and down the pier. Totally not cool and we thought we were hilarious at the time, but in actuality, really dumb.

areasell

Twilight Princess Master
My neighbors had a really nice swing set in their yard. One day I decided to use it without them knowing and their son and I were playing the next day. I loved to make up stories so I thought up that maybe there could be a burglar stealing the swingset. Good old son says "By the way we know you used our swing set :mad:" and I ran off wailing.

Most of my memories up until like, age 15 all make me cringe.

mostly because i'd panic whenever someone approached me, and i'd mess up my words every single time (Still happens nowadays sometimes, just less often).

I remember the once when I was 12-13, I had a massive crush on this girl in my class, and she asked me out, so I panicked like crazy, and just blurted out something like "no my mom says I can't date anyone till i'm 18, sorry" (but all as one word, somehow) and then I ran off.
I dropped out of school not long after that (due to unrelated reasons), and then someone started a rumour that I'd died.

I think that was actually the last time I saw her. She was really kind and had stuck up for me before then, so it's a shame I just disappeared with no warning.

...I'm a little better at handling being asked out nowadays. Okay, not *much* better, but I don't, y'know, let people think I'm dead.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I pulled my pants down in class in second grade. I don't remember why. Nothing provoked it, I might have been dared though, not too sure.

Anyway, the one I really had in mind was in third grade. I invited a bunch of friends over for my birthday party, which was to be my first sleepover party ever. We were getting ready for bed, and I had the brilliant idea to tell ghost stories to all of my friends that had shown up, with the added twist that they all occurred in my house. I remember some of them crying, and then I remember my parents needing to call all of their parents to pick them up and take them home. Every one of them. It was a sad way to spend my eighth birthday lmao, but now I look back on it and just laugh.

My parents are friends with the parents of a girl I used to go to school with and I remember going to her house once for a barbecue between our families when I was in middle school, and I was being sassy with her and making references to "Well, excuse me princess" and I knocked down the little drape decorations in her room's doorway. I was very flustered afterwards.

I don't know if this one is so much cringeworthy as a total fail on my part, but I needed to poo really badly one day in 6th grade before lunch. I usually try not to in public but I couldn't hold it in. There were two stalls, and before going in I didn't realize neither had toilet paper. I guess I still had some leftover pee because when I got up to see if the other stall had any, I ended up spraying the entire wall, and the boys bathroom was closed for the rest of the day. Thankfully, that was only 3 more periods but I'll always remember that as the most awkward moment of my life. I'm glad no one found out that I did it.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I once while on vacation in Gulf Shores cannonballed into the deep end of an outdoor swimming pool in the off season, thinking that it was heated, which spoiler alert; It was not heated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom